Because the World Will Never Take My Heart

Chapter Cinco.

When I woke up, I was so not where I passed out. I was in a wine red colored room with really fluffy blankets. I looked around for anything to tip me off as to where in hell I was. The door swung open, and standing there was Mikey, with water in one hand and a bottle of the painkillers my doctor gave me for old injuries in the other.

"What the...." I trailed off. He handed me the water and held out pills. I took them and popped them in my mouth, drinking the water quickly.

"We weren't going to let this happen to you anymore," he said. "You don't deserve that. We like you too much. We don't want you dead," he told me. I smiled and laid back down.

"Thank you," I said. There really wasn't much more to say. He shrugged.

"What....What did Frannie say though?" I asked. He smirked at me.

"Two words kiddo. Court order," he said shortly. My jaw dropped.

"B...But how?" I asked, dumbfounded. He shrugged.

"That for me to know, and to keep secret," he said. He touched my knee. "Just go back to sleep, okay?" he whispered. I frowned.

"I don't wanna Mikey," I said. I pouted. He pointed at the clock.

"It's 2:13 in the morning, go back to sleep," he said. I smiled and laughed a little.

"Fair enough, but answer this," I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"A...Are you going to send me away?" I asked quietly, trying to fight back tears that threatened to slid down my cheek as I thought of all the times I've been sent around. He laughed.

"Nicky, you're not going anywhere, I promise," he told me. "Now goodnight!" he exclaimed, turning the light off and closing the door behind him. I smiled and let sleep wash over me. It was nice to fall asleep of my own accord.