Because the World Will Never Take My Heart

Chapter Ocho.

Mikey and I were sitting in the living room, watching TV. The rest of the guys claimed to have something better to do. He moved from the couch across from me to right next to me, then he ruffled my hair. I looked at him and smiled a little. He smiled back at me, and then it hit me. He would be giving stuff up for me. He couldn’t go to....well, I don’t know. He couldn’t go out with the guys now.

"Hey Nicky," Mikey sighed.

"What?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Gee and I, we have to go to an interview tomorrow. And the press is kinda asked about you....after yesterday. So um....I...I mean We, were wondering if you would kinda come with us and tell them who you are...." Mikey mumbled.

"You mean like a foster child?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Like my daughter," he corrected. I gave him a confused look.

"Oh....I didn't tell you. When I got the court order, the judge said the only way I could take you with me was if I adopted you," he explained.

"How the hell do you forget that?" I asked. He smiled a little.

"I'm stupid sometimes," he giggled. I smiled.

"Do I have to?" I asked. He sighed.

"Nicky, please. That interview is kinda important that you come," he said. I sighed.

"Oh fine!" I exclaimed. He smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Ow!" I squeaked. Damn bruises.