If We Can't Break The Silence, How Can We Survive?

If You Want Me To Stay, I'll Never Leave You

“Okay class, now you mix tub A with tube C and you get a chemical change…”

The chemistry teacher was explaining something about chemical mixing that I wasn’t really paying attention to. I already knew how to do this so I thought I’d just work ahead of the class.

I was in fifth period, a class I had right after lunch that I shared with Gerard and Vic. This is honestly my favorite class, and not just because Gerard was in here. I actually enjoyed chemistry. My dad told me he was really into science stuff when he was in high school and that he wanted me to get involved with activities that had to do with it. I wasn't in clubs or anything, but I had the highest average in the class and this was my best subject.

“Attention students, I have an announcement to make,” Mrs. Carter said.

“We will be doing a lab project that’s going to be counted as a test grade. I have already assigned partners so please do not ask me if you can pick your own.”

Ah fuck. I didn't want a partner. I was hoping this shit wouldn't happen but now I was fucked. Like I had said yesterday, I wasn't one for socializing with people. and this was just another thing that I didn't like.

She was calling out peoples names and I was hoping that I wouldn't get paired up with Vic. But the next thing that came out of her mouth was probably worse than that.

“Frank Iero and Gerard Way”

What in the hell were the chances? I couldn't even decide if this was a good or bad thing.

There were both pros and cons to this situation. Let's look at the pros first.

For a while I had admired Gerard from a distance. I had never actually been close to him and I don't think we have ever even made eye contact. This was my chance to approach him. To have him accompany my loneliness. For me to be near him...and communicate with him...and so many other things I only thought of doing. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. But when we look at the cons...

He was the popular guy being partnered up with the weirdo. What if he was an asshole to me? What if he went and told his friends all this stuff about how I was creepy and such? Would his friends make fun of him and give him shit for associating with me?

Of course this wasn't a good thing. Why did I even try to convince myself it was.

Mrs. Carter then started to talk again.

“Okay now I want everyone to get up and go sit with their partners. I will be handing out the rubrics and explain the instructions as well.”

I saw Gerard getting up and walking towards me. I looked away from him so he didn't see the nervousness written all over my face. I closed my eyes and took an unnoticeable deep breath before he sat down in the vacant seat next to me. He turned around so he could be facing my direction. I turned and lifted my head up, finally acknowledge his presence.

“Umm…hey…” Gerard said awkwardly, extending his hand out to shake mine.

I looked at him for a second then realized his hand was out in front of me. I slowly grasped it and shook it firmly. I was actually touching him, something I thought would never happen in a million years.

I studied his face as I thought I wouldn't be close to him like this again.

His pale skin was flawless from blemishes and wrinkles. His eyes were bright and honey colored. He had thick eyebrows but they weren't bushy. His nose was pointy and narrow. He didn't have any kind of facial hair. His lips were pink and thin as they kind of curled in to his mouth. His cheeks were a bit hollow as he had a strong facial structure in the jugular and cheekbone area. He had short black hair and a small fringe that didn't go pass his eye.

I would of studied him further, but he had cleared his throat and I broke out of my trance. I blinked and noticed I was still holding his hand. I didn't even realize i was staring at him the whole time. Awkward.

I jerked my hand away from him and started shaking my head as to say “sorry”. He chuckled then smiled. He smiled at me.

“We’re partners,” he said.

I just nodded my head in response.

Mrs. Carter handed out the rubrics then went over it. Not too long after, the bell rang and I headed for next hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: I'll never Leave You by Lumidee