If We Can't Break The Silence, How Can We Survive?

Back Off You Little ***s

Gerard's P.O.V.

I stared at his retreating back thinking, how could he hate me already? I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked down at the project and examined it; he did so well. But why’d he do it all himself? I mean, I can tell he's scared of people but, did I do something wrong?

He probably thought that I would give him a bad grade, seeing as I was a jock and all. But I wasn't a dumb ass cliche. I can do an assignment.

I felt kind of bad that he did it all by himself even though he chose to. I was going to discuss this with him whether he liked it or not. I wanted to take some kind of credit for my part.

I sighed, putting the papers in my backpack and walking out of the room. As I went in to the hallway, I saw frank on the floor with his books and papers everywhere. Vic was standing there yelling at him.

“Hey watch where you’re going freak! I almost fell!”

She then started laughing at him as he was picking up his belongings. For some reason I had become pissed off.

I ran over to Frank and gathered his papers up in a pile. Vic was standing there not looking all that pleased with what I was doing. In fact, she looked kind of shocked.

“Gerard get away from him! Everyone’s watching…,” she somewhat whispered.

I looked up from the floor to see that everyone was looking at me. Some looked as surprised as Vic was.

After looking up at my peers for a couple of seconds, I looked at Frank and he was giving me this angry look before running off, leaving the papers in my hand behind. What did I do this time? Had I given him the wrong idea, thinking I was ashamed for helping him? I called his name for the second time today, completely forgetting that he couldn’t even hear me. I'm such an idiot.

I got up off the floor and headed for class while Vic was calling out my name. I ignored her. She had really crossed the line for doing that to Frank.

My locker was on the way to class, so I thought I’d put his things in it, hoping to give it to him tomorrow. Hopefully, because he always tends to run away from me. But this time I wasn’t going to let him. I was going to let him know that he had gotten the wrong idea and that I was sorry for whatever it was I had done to him. I was going to set things straight with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: 1989 by Mindless Self Indulgence