‹ Prequel: Ring Around the Rosy
Status: Active!

Ring Around the Rosy.

Chapter 1- The Law

My bedroom door flew open and a very angry man, whom I call father, walked in. “George, what is this?” He stated, crossly, tossing me my copy of Othello.
“’Tis a play, father.” I mumbled, getting only a irritated look in return. He sat next to me on my queen-sized bed, looking me in the eye.
“Have thy heard of the Buggery Act?” I glanced questioningly at him. Only being seventeen I have much to learn about the world, and the law. Being from a wealthy family does have its advantages. Two months ago I broke a law, never being told specifically what one, and my father paid for the best lawyer in London to represent me. The case was dropped because of said lawyer and all penalties were dropped.
“No father, I have not.” He knew the answer though.
“It is illegal for a man to have anal intercourse with another man or a women. You can be put to death if convicted.” I looked at him, not comprehending why he was telling me this. “I inform you of such things because distractions have filled your head. You cannot focus on anything.” I looked at the floor.
“I want to be an actor, father. That ‘tis the cause of my distraction.” I knew what his reaction was to this. He, as well as mother, thought that acting was for the poor to become rich. This did not mean that one could not go see a play, just never act in one. Actors were people who had no where else to go or had a debt to pay back to society. They did not want this for me, becoming a physician was their dream. They wanted their only son to make something of the Ross name, and himself. Lawyer, Physician, Politician, anything designed for the wealthy and to keep them that way.
“Ye better rethink.” With that he got up and left. Once he exited my room, I opened my copy of Othello and started reading. They thought this was just a phase.
My mind couldn’t focus on the brilliant words that lay across the pages. Shakespeare how I would die to meet thee. I quickly question on his appearance and the thought of a very good looking man crosses my mind. My thoughts are plunged into the law. Why would such a law exist? Whom would even dare have anal intercourse with a woman, let alone a man. I, for an unknown reason, fell asleep with these thoughts floating in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it is short. I couldn't think of anything else to put into this chapter that wouldn't mess up the next chapter. I have all the chapters planed out and with, minimal deviation, I intend to stick to this outline. I would like each chapter, other then this one and the prologue, to be at least a thousand words.
Also school, I attend University, is getting really crazy! It is midterm season, again, so I am cramming for those XD. And I have my final dates and they are all in April... :(. I will try to update as often as I can, and make them longer! I promise a better update!!!