Black Riding Hood

Black Riding Hood

Nobody ever tells you the story of Little Red Riding Hood’s older sister, now do they? Well, I’m about to tell you why not.

Darling was her name; Black Riding Hood; a peculiar name for a peculiar girl. She was definitely the darling of the town. Everybody cherished her dearly. People seemed possessed by the idea that happiness would come to them if they were close to her. This was not the truth, though. Darling could only make you happy momentarily. She would give you a glimpse into her world then knock you away as soon as you tried to interfere with this cherished world of hers.

It got particularly bad when she started to crave love. She sought nothing but to be loved. There was nothing she wouldn’t have done to fill that need. Being the town’s doll, though, this might as well have been forbidden. Every chance she got was taken away from her. Any time she was close to somebody, they were scared off. She needed somebody ferocious enough to stand up to the world for her.

This is where our story gets its twist; this is when their world was shattered. It seemed like an ordinary, everyday. Darling was out on an adventure. She needed a break from the world. It was nice to escape for a little while. Well, when she was too far for anybody else to see, her best friend appeared. Pretty ordinary, no?

Well, it wasn’t. That boy? He was no boy. He was just a wolf in disguise and he stole little Darling’s heart. Nothing could have made him give it back, for he craved love. She defended him, too. No matter what people said, she would not give up on him. Everything she could give, she gave to him.

This wolf couldn’t control himself, though. He couldn’t stay a boy long enough to love her. Quite often he would lose his temper and turn back into the wolf. Those times when he was a wolf were very scary times. He would lash out against her and knock her down. She would be left with fowl bruises that didn’t heal for weeks. Then when they did heal, he did it yet again.

Darling blamed herself, though. She was convinced it was her fault. In her mind, she deserved it for not being good enough to keep him from turning into the wolf. If she hadn’t made him turn into the wolf so often, then she wouldn’t be getting hurt. To her, it was her hurting him. And she made up for it by never giving up, no matter what the consequences were. In the end, he had stolen Darling from those poor people. He destroyed her soul and killed her.

This isn’t where the story ends, though. Darling saved those poor people from that wolf. She haunted him day in and day out. He could no longer be that wolf. Every time he came close she would walk through his nightmares and remind him of the terrible dead he did. Then, when she finally moved on, was the day he lost control. That was the day he met Little Red Riding Hood.

It was all just a misunderstanding, now you see. He died for the misery he had caused when he killed poor Darling.