A Daydream Away

-I-

"I thought I told you to watch where you're going Gaskarth."
"Oh well excuse me your royal highness but I was fazed by thou's small package."
The shaggy haired brunette winked.
Everyone around both groups laughed at his comment.
Alex Gaskarth was his name and man did I hate him, him and his little group of skateboarders. They were the most annoying bunch in the entire school. Ever since day one they always butt heads with us jocks just to make themselves look 'cool'. That was never going to happen, no matter how hard they tried. They should know their place here at Delaney Academy.
"Watch you mouth Gaskarth." threatened my best friend, Zack Merrick.
"Oh wow. I see you got your bitch talking for you Dawson. What a shame." Alex laughed.
"Zack, shut the fuck up and stay out of this."
Merrick did as told and stood back with the rest of our group, Danny Kurily, Evan Kirkendall, and Ian Planet.
I turned back to Gaskarth and glared. "Those are some witty words but how about we let our fists do the talking?"
Alex smirked, dropped his backpack, and charged at me, starting off our little brawl. I avoided his punch and nailed him in the stomach. As soon as I did that, his group of friends charged into the fight with my crew. It wasn't long before we heard whistles being blown over the student bodies fighting chants. Just as I was about to throw another punch into Gaskarth's face, we were pulled apart by the academy's headmaster, Mr. Maker.
"What the hell is going on here? Both groups to my office now. As for everyone else, get back to class."
Both groups headed to the headmaster's office as told.
"Dawson, your group in my office first. Gaskarth, you and your group of hooligans wait out here."
Zack and I plus our three other friends walked in as Mr. Maker closed the door behind us and took a seat behind his desk.
"Mr. Dawson, mind explaining to me what happened?" he asked.
"Well sir, my friends and I were just on our way to class when Alexander and his group of misfits began throwing death threat at us. We pleaded them to stop but of course you, like everyone, are very aware of how rebellious and disrespectful they are."
"I see and the punches?"
"They attacked us first sir. We fought back in self-defense. I promise you sir, we would never start anything like that here. We wouldn't want to put your school's reputation at risk. Right guys?"
Zack and everyone behind him nodded in full agreement.
Mr. Maker sighed. "Alright, don't let this happen again. Understand?"
"Yes sir."
"Good now go to class."
We all nodded and left. He then called in Alex and his stupid posse. Their glares just made us laugh. The rest of the day flew by quickly. I was on my way to Zack's house to drop him off.
"Hey dude, can I ask you something?"
I nodded. "Yea sure what's up?"
"What would you say to me dating Claire?"
"You wanna date my sister?"
"Well yea, she's a totally catch. I really like her."
"Dang, well I didn't know you were into her. She's incrediably shy."
"Yea I know, that just adds to her cuteness. So what do you say?"
"I say go for it. I'd rather see her dating someone of our class than someone from Gaskarth's class." I laughed.
"As if she'd date anyone like him."
"Agreed. Hey ask her to that dance coming up this weekend. She was planning on going to the dance with that Faith girl."
"She's still friends with her?" Zack asked.
"Yup. I seriously don't see why. It's just weird."
"No doubt about that."
I soon pulled into Zack's driveway.
"Is she gonna be at school tomorrow?" Zack asked, stepping out of my car.
"Yea, her choir class should be back by now from their little trip to New York."
"Alright cool, mind putting in a good word for me."
I chuckled. "Got it!"
After a fist bump goodbye, I pulled out of his driveway and drove home. I arrived home ten minutes later. I parked my '69 Dodge Charger in our driveway and walked inside my two story house. Right when I walked in and closed the door behind me, I heard singing and the sound of an acoustic quitar coming from the living room. I followed both sounds and found my younger sister seated on the couch singing and playing away with a notebook by her side. I leaned against the door frame and cleared my throat to get her attention.
I instantly saw her crack a smile and look at me. "I knew you were there the whole time you know."
I smiled and made my way over to her as she set her guitar gently on the floor.
"So how was the trip? When did you get back?"
"The trip was loads of fun. I so plan on moving there after graduating. Oh and I got home about two hours ago."
"Two hours ago? Why didn't you just come to school when you got back?"
"I wanted to but mom saw no point in it. Faith did bring me my missing assignments a while ago to catch up on what I missed."
"I don't see why you're friends with her."
"Rian," she whined. "Be nice. I don't judge who you're friends with."
"Anyway you still planning on going to the dance this weekend?"
Claire nodded. "Of course I'm going to the Masquerade Ball. I'm going with Faith
remember?"
I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, why don't you go with Zack?"
"Zack, as in your best friend Zack Merrick?"
"Yea, what other Zack do you know?"
"Why do you want me to go with him?"
"He has the hots for you and to be quite honest, you two would look great together. So what do you say?"
"I don't know Ri..."
"You know what, you're going with him whether you like it or not. End of story."
"Whoa wait what? That's not fair!"
I stood up from my seat and patted her on the head. "Well too bad. life isn't fair. you're going with Zack and that's final."
Claire swatted my hand away and glared at me. "You can't just choose who I should date. That's up to me, not you."
"And what watch you date some lowlife? I don't think so."
She groaned and shoved me. "What is it with you and how we live? You never cared about that."
"So I see things differently now, I don't see the big deal."
She shook her head. "I don't even know who you are anymore..."
Claire walked past me with her notebook and guitar in hand up the stairs.
"Where are you going?"
"My room. I can't stand looking at you for another second."
I shrugged at the sound of her bedroom door slamming shut. "Eh, she'll get over it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Rian's Crew:
Ian Planet
Evan Kirkendall
Danny Kurily

School Uniforms

First attempt at an Alex fic.
Sorry if Rian comes off as a jerk.
Hopefully you guys like.
Please comment<3