A Daydream Away

-II-

"Forbidden to attend the masquerade ball? Is
that really even proper punishment?" the youngest of the group, Alex Grieco, asked as we all arrived at the local skate park.
I groaned as I took a seat on a nearby bench.
"Grieco, don't even remind me."
"What's gotten into you Gaskarth?" asked Vinny Vegas. "You've been all mopey since we left school."
"Grieco, Vegas just go skate."
Grieco tried to object but failed. "But Jack..."
"Go." My best frend, Jack Barakat, then turned to our friend, Matt Flyzik. "Go with them Flyzik."
Matt nodded and didn't argue back. "Alright, fill
me in later." He then turned to Grieco and Vinny. "Let's go you two."
After a few groans, the trio skated deeper into the park.
"So you gonna tell me why you're so bummed
out?"
I looked at Jack and sighed. "It's what Maker said."
Jack sat down beside me. "What Maker said, about the dance?"
I nodded. "Yea..."
"Why's that bumming you out?"
"Any normal guy would be pretty stoked to NOT go to a lame school dance but who said I was normal? Unlike those guys, I was actually looking forward to it. Mostly because I was hoping to win back my ex. You know we had a pretty awful break up and I was hoping that I could somehow win her back at that masquerade thing. Now thanks to that asshole Dawson, all chances of that are gone."
"Who wait, you're still not over Lisa Ruocco?"
I shook my head. "Nah man. I'm nowhere near over her."
Jack sighed and shook his head. "Lex you need to move on. You'll totally find someone that's way better than Ruocco. Don't let it get you down dude."
"I know but I seriously can't help how I feel about her. She and I went through a lot together..."
"Yea yea I know. You've told me this about a million times. I have it all memorized."
"Sorry..."
He sighed again. "It's cool. So this masquerade
shit is pretty important to you huh?"
I nodded. He got up off the bench and smiled.
"Well then I guess we'll just have to sneak into that dance somehow."
I chucked and gave a bro hug. "Thanks man."
"Anything to keep you from whining like a little
girl. It's just down right embarressing."
"Douche."
He laughed and placed his board on the ground.
"Come on, get off your ass and let's go tear this
place a new ass."
I nodded and followed him to the half-pipe that was down on the other side of the park. After a few hours of skating around and causing chaos, we all headed home. I lived further away from the others. They all came from pretty high-class families while I came from a not so high-class one. Unlike Dawson, these guys could really careless of much money a person had in their back pocket. That was mostly the reason why we all became friends. Well that and because we all enjoyed skateboarding.
As I skated up to the front door of my house, I
hopped off my board and unlocke the front door.
Like always, no one was home. I was used to it
though. My parents had a habit of working extremely late. They had to in order to pay for the house, living expenses, and for me to go to Delaney Academy. It was a pretty elite school so of course the cost would be pretty high. No matter how much I told my parents to send me to a public school, they just didn't listen. Plus things for us haven't exactly been perfect for us since my brother passed away. That was the abolute hardest thing we ever had to go through. We still don't understand what drove Tom to take his life but whatever the reason, we're just glad that he's no longer suffering and in a better place.
I set my board next to the front door once I was inside and closed the door. I then removed my shoes and headed into the kitchen for a bite to eat. Not much to really nibble on so I just grabbed the peanut butter jar plus a spoon and headed off to my room. As I was eating my peanut butter, I browzed a bit through the net for whatever caught my attention. Wasn't long before I grew tired of looking online and decided to take a shower before going to bed.
The next day at school was like any other school
day. All of the high-class kids were being the spoil brats that they are. I seriously couldn't stand them. They were annoying as fuck.
"Yo Alex!"
As I was making my way over to where Jack and the rest of the guys were standing, I accidently
bumped into some chick knocking her books out of her hands. I quickly picked them up and handed them to her.
"Sorry about that."
Just as I was walking away I could faintly hear a
'Thank you' come from the girl.
"Well aren't you a gentleman." Vinny teased.
"Shut up douche."
They all just laughed.
"Ok anyway," Jack calmly said. "So I figured out a way to sneak into the ball..."
"But I thought we were banned, what if we get
caught?" Grieco asked.
Jack just sighed and shook his head. "Grieco, yes we're banned from that dance but seeing as Alex wants to get his bitch back, we're sneaking in. also we'll have masks on so we'll blend in with the rest of these assholes."
"What the fuck Jack?!"
He looked at me and chuckled. "sorry dude but you gotta admit she's not the nicest person in the world."
I shrugged. "I know but still."
Jack just rolled his eyes and continued on with his plans. The more he talked about it, the more
excited I got for that dance. I wasn't gonna leave that shit until I had the love of my life in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex's group
Vinny Vegas
Alex Grieco

Chapter 2.
Thanks to those who commented.
Keep it up<3