A Daydream Away

-V-

"So looks like Vin and Grieco aren't showing up."
"Why not?" Matt asked.
Jack shrugged. "Who knows. Let them do whatever. We can totally do this without them."
I cleared my throat and got their attention. "So are we gonna go through with this or?"
"Chill Gaskarth." Jack sighed as he took a seat in front of his computer. He pulled up a page that had been minimized and told Matt and I to come closer.
"So what are we looking at exactly?"
"Well Alex, this so happens to be blueprint of the first floor of the school. see this back entrance right here?" Jack asked, pointing at at his computer screen.
Matt and I nodded. "Well that's our way in. The area behind it is pretty lonely so we'll be in the clear."
"Awesome, so when should we head out?"
Matt checked his trusty Mickey Mouse watch. "We should start getting ready now. so let's meet up at my place saay in 30?"
Jack and I noddedd. "Sounds good."
Wasn't long before Matt left left Jack's to get ready.
"Are you gonna go get ready dude?"
I sighed. "I really didn't have time to buy a tux or mask. I was gonna wear whatever."
Jack smiled. "Helping out your mom again?"
"Well yea, you know how things are."
Jack then stepped out of his room and across the hall to his older brother's, Joe, room. He then came came back with a suit in hand.
"Here."
"Are you sure I wear this?"
He nodded. "Yea, I'm using one of Joe's suits too. Too lazy to go get one."
"What about masks? this is a masquerade ball after all."
"Hmm I think there should be some old ones in the attaic. i 'll go look but in the mean time, start getting ready."
I nodded as Jack left his room again. I truly had one of the best people as my best friend. I soo did as I was told and began getting dressed. To my surprize, the tux fit perfectly. It didn's take long for Jack to come back with two masks in hand. He handed me a black one while he placed the white on on. After Jack got ready, he and I were on our way to Matt's house.
"So are you nervous?"
I sighed still keeping my eyes on the road. “I don’t know.”
“Do you know what you’re gonna say to her?”
“Nope.”
“Dude.”
“Sorry it’s just damnit I don’t know…”
“Did you think you could just waltz in there and she’ll automatically take you back?”
I just continued driving without saying another word.
“You’re suck a dumbass Alex. You better think of something now before we get our asses caught for this shit.”
I didn’t blame Jack for being annoyed. I was annoyed with myself too. After picking up Flyzik from his house, we all went over the plan one more time on our way to the school. We ended up parking block away from the building in case Maker was outside. We put on our masks and quickly made our way to the back of the school.
“You sure this is going to work Jack?”
He sighed.
Yes Alex, I’m positive. Now let’s go in and get your bitch.”
He opened the back door and we all went in. we easily made our way to the actual dance without a problem.
“Guys wait.”
Jack and I turned and looked at Matt. “In case Maker sees us, blend in to avoid him at all costs. Who knows what he’ll do to us.”
Jack and I nodded and went our separate ways. I ended up spending a good forty-five minutes looking for Lisa.
“Damnit where is she?”
Before I knew it, there she was at the other end of the auditorium talking to her friends. Just as I was about to make my way over to her, I noticed Maker heading towards me.
“Fuck!”
I panicked a bit. Suddenly a slow song came on and gave me an idea. I soon spotted a petite girl in a hot pink dress standing just a few feet from me. I walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. When she turned around, I noticed her beautiful hazel eyes.
"Hi."
"He-hello." she whispered.
"Um wanna dance?"
She slightly shook her head. "Oh no I couldn't..."
"Go for it Claire. You can't just turn down the poor guy after he asked." Her friend slightly shoved her. "Go."
The girl, referred to as Claire, sighed and smiled.
"Ok sure."
I smiled back and took a gentile hold of her hand, leading her to the dance floor. She placed her hand on my shoulder as I placed my free hand on her hip. We soon began swaying with the music. For some reason, she kept her head down every once in a while.
"You ok?" I asked.
She looked up at me and that's when I noticed a small blsuh creep out a bit from underneath her mask. "Oh uh yea it's just that I'm not used to being asked to dance."
"Really, why?"
She shrugged. "I just don't consider myself worthy of being asked. I'm what people call a 'nerd'." She giggled but her smile soon faded.
"Sorry For talking all this nonsense. You just asked my to dance, not to hear my whole life story."
This girl was truly something. I found her rather interesting that, to be honest, I wanted to know more about her. I don't know why exactly but I did.
"It's okay, I don't mind listening. It'll probably
help you get some weight off your shoulders."
She looked at me a bit surprised. "Really, even if we just met?"
I smiled and nodded. "Absolutely."
"Thanks." she giggled and we continued to dance.
What I last remembered was that we had danced to 4 different songs in a row. Throughout all four dances, we chatted, laughed, and just took in each other's company. As the current more upbeat song was ending, it quickly changed to HelloGoodbye's "Hey Jaime...Sincerly Me."
Claire gasped. "Oh my gosh, I love this song!"
"You like HelloGoodbye?"
She looked at me and nodded. "Heck yea. As well as Blink 182, Green Day, The Starting Line, bands of that nature really." she smiled and took a hold of my hand. "Come on, let's go dance."
I followed her to the dance floor and took our places. I know it's crazy to feel this way about someone after knowing them for just a night but I slowly found myself falling for Claire. Lisa was the last person on my mind right now. After just talking and spending this time with her, I feel like I've known Claire for years. It may seem wrong, but it feels so right. As we danced, it like it was just the two of us in the entire room. In my mind there was only one way to prove if these were my true feelings.
"Can I ask you something? Just promise you won't freak out."
She smiled and nodded. "I promise."
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in before opening my eyes again. "Can I kiss you?"
"Wh-what?"
I felt myself blush. "I know we just met and all but there's just something I need to make sure about."
After about ten seconds oof thinking it over, she finally nodded. I placed my hand on her cheek and caressed it gently. I held her close, never losing eye contact. I slowly leaned down and connected our lips together. Instead of there being a possible spark, there were fireworks. I knew she felt them too when she suddenly returned the kiss. As much as I wanted our kiss to last, we weree rudely interrupted by an all too familiar voice.
"Claire, what the fuck do you think you're doing?!"
Claire instantly broke the kiss and quickly turned around to face the raging jock standing behind her. "Rian..."
"Who is this guy?"
I was somewhat surprised this nimrod couldn't tell who I was but then again I was wearing a mask.
"What do you want Dawson?"
"That voice....Gaskarth?!" He then glared at Claire.
"Alex Gaskarth?! You were kissing Alex FUCKING Gaskarth?! Are you fucking insane Claire?!"
She removed her mask and touched her lips. "I-i guess I was..." She then glared at Rian. "I like Alex Gaskarth. We may have just met and all but I felt something special during that kiss that I'm not prepared to let go of."
I pulled Claire close to me and then gazed into her hazel eyes. "You really mean that?"
She smiled and nodded. "Call me crazy but yes I meant every word."
Just as I was about to kiss her again, she was pulled away from me.
"We're going home."
Claire trid to break free from Rian's grip but failed.
"Let her go Dawson."
"Fuck you Gaskarth. There's no way in hell I'm letting my little sister date someone like you!"
Everything around me froze. "She's your sister?"
"She's my half-sister moron but of course someone like you wouldn't have known that."
As he was pulling her through the large crowd of people, I could hear her yelling my name.
"Alex!"
I followed the voice as fast as I could but when I reached the front of the school, a black car
immediately drove off. I instantly knew she was gone. I ripped off the mask and threw iton the ground.
"Alex!"
I turned around and saw Jack, Matt, and Claire's friend running towards me.
"Dude what happened? One minute I see you dancing with some chick and the next you're making out with her in the middle of the dance floor."
"Hey that chick is my best friend dickhead."
Jack just rolled his eyes at Claire's friend.
"Guys we gotta get out of here. Maker's hunting us down."
"Fuck, are you serious?"
Matt looked at Jack and nodded. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Alright, we'll leave but I have to find Claire."
"Ok you guys go get to your car and follow me. I'll take you to her house."
I looked at Claire's friend. "Really?"
She smiled and nodded. "Yea dude. I saw the way she looked at you. I just wanna see my best friend happy. That and the fact that she'll be dating you, her brother's biggest threat, brings me joy. I hate the douche."
"You're one twisted chick uh..."
"Faith Florczak."
I smiled and nodded. "Thanks Faith."
"No problem now go to your car."
Jack, Matt, and I nodded and did as told, avoiding an enraged Maker in the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo new chapter! Finally!