Status: In the writing process...

The TERRA Files: Bellatoris

Prologue;

Lights cast their glow over the puddle infested sidewalks and onto the dark pavement of the street. No sound is heard beside the wind rustling the leaves in the trees and tearing them from their branches only to be carried a few feet until they're flung to the ground. A steady "drip-drop" is heard from water running off of various objects such as lampposts, half held up roofs, and street signs. The rain had passed in a flurry of water and wind during the hours no one is out of their hideaways. A ways down the street a three story building, seemingly vacant, stands with all the lights off. A young man with his head covered by a sweatshirt's damp hood walks down the sidewalk, his feet clad in wet shoes, hands in his pockets, towards the building.

I need shelter, he thinks. It's been days since he rested fully. Spying the building's front door he walks into the alley beside, knowing it better to never enter through the front. Coming face to face with a rusted metal door, he pulls the handle. The door gives a loud creak but doesn't budge. He sighs and continues to walk around back. Thunder claps overhead and he lifts his eyes to the sky in time to see lightning streak through the clouds and light them with hues of blue and yellow. No sooner is the next blast of thunder heard when the rain downpours mercilessly onto the pavement.

"Damn it!" he croaks. He realizes he hasn't talked for days either. Coughing, he seeks out the nearest door and pulls on the handle. It opens with an audible crack, though he didn't hear it over the thunder, to reveal a pitch black room. He steps in, puts his hood down, and shakes the water free from his hair as the coughing fit subsides.

It'll work.. at least for one night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. this is probably the best I've written in a while, and I haven't been on here for ages or posted anything for a little bit.

Comments? Subscribes? Rate? Love?
Let me know guys.
Thanks,
Jules