Mystic Academy

Enemy

Valerie locked the door behind her as she exited Lensing Hall, the auditorium that had it's own building not too far from the dorms. It was 8:00 by that time, and the sky was dark overhead. She handed the keys to a tall werewolf, a guard that paced around campus. He was in his human form, and his broad mouth smiled at her.

“Thanks, Joey,” she said, smiling lightly back at him.

“No problem, just promise that you’ll invite me to one of your concerts when you get famous.”

“Sure.” She gave him a thumbs-up and made her way back to her dorm, just now remembering the incident that had happened only a few hours prior. In the Academy, there were two groups. One was considered the “goods” and the other “evils”. These groups were divided by the most obvious factor – race. Valerie was, of coarse, considered evil, being a vampire. The evils and goods had a good system, too; they hated eachother from afar. They didn’t talk and nothing really bad ever happened. The goods hated the evils because they were “rude, deceptive, and cruel” whereas the evils hated the goods because they were “stuck up, prudish, and over confident.”

This new girl, whatever her name was, was certainly one of the goods.
Valerie opened the door to her room to find the new girl asleep on the floor.

Pity swept through her and she sighed. She raised the girl’s arm and found that she was surprisingly light. Valerie groaned and picked the girl up and laid her on the lower bunk. She was a really deep sleeper, apparently.

Valerie grabbed some pillows and a blanket from the closet and laid them with the girl. She felt bad for her, thinking that perhaps she had been unnecessarily rude before. Whatever, it didn’t matter. She climbed up into her own bed and stared at the ceiling.

———

Clarity opened her eye’s surprised to find darkness where before there was warm light. She looked around the room to clue herself on where she was. A loud snoring told her she was not alone in the room, franticly standing up, she started to feel around with her hands extended in front of her while weeping quietly.

She opened her eyes when she felt silky drapes, pulling them to the side she let the barely rising sunlight in. The warm light did not last long on her body as a cold wind blew from inside the room, and in a split second a girl had closed the drapes leaving them in darkness once again.

Silence was all that could be heard as the white haired girl lit a candle in what little space lay between them. The white haired girl’s closeness was somewhat creepy as she glared at Clarity,

“Sleep well?” she asked in a sarcastic tone.

Unfazed Clarity looked straight at the white haired girl “Incredibly, although now I’m famished" she said with a serious face.

She sighed deeply in annoyance, “Today is Saturday so the school cafeteria isn’t open” she said as she roughly handed the candle stick to Clarity. “You’ll have to go to the restaurants outside of school grounds.”

The girl started to lazily climb back up the stairs to the top bunk before Clarity abruptly asked “What’s your name again?!” a bit louder than she had intended.

The vampire glared fiercely at Clarity before answering “Valerie LaDonna, what’s yours?”

Clarity did not understand Valerie’s anger to her but dismissed it as being a bad morning person “Clarity Luna, water fairy” she said as she curtsied. “Whatever” Valerie mumbled as she climbed to her bed and closed her eyes.

Clarity placed the candle on the drawer next to the picture of the happy vampire, smiling fondly at it before running to her suitcase. Clarity opened her suitcase and found a plain white ruffle dress, and dressed quickly. Heading out the door she grabbed her key and shut it quietly not wanting to wake the sleeping grouch.

She smiled calmly at the warm environment, all the other student’s hurrying out of their rooms and out the dorms, Clarity decided to make the most of this unforeseen situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for commenting! /)^3^(\ - Jess.

I"m sitting on Jess's lap and writing this @.@ weirdness lol - Susie