Mystic Academy

We need a break.

The court yard was absolutely filled with other students, the more she pushed to get through, the harder the ogres and dwarfs pushed her away from either side. As a last resort, Clarity took advantage of the strong wind and lifted herself into the air, gliding above the students head's cautiously. When she reached the school gates she prepared to land, but before she set foot, something bumped into her wings making her land with a hurtful - THUD!

Clarity curled into herself as she felt pain surge from her right leg to her shoulder, "Oh gosh I'm so sorry I didn't see you! ...Oh man, your bleeding, your bleeding, your bleeding!" she heard a guys voice say above her.

Clarity felt two strong hands lifting her up suddenly and place her on a nearby chair. She winced in pain as the young boy drenched her leg in antiseptic, fully aware now, she noticed the boy to be around her age. He had straight blond hair that seemed to glow in the sun, eyes big and blue all dreamy like, he was wearing a blue plad shirt opened from the front and a plain white t-shirt underneath with khaki shorts.

Clarity sat upright quickly realizing the boy’s closeness "No, no it's o.k it's just, a, bloody.... cut?" The blood that had been there was now smeared across her leg by the antiseptic exposing a medium sized cut across the front of her leg. The mere sight of it made her stomach queasy, so she turned her full attention to the boy as he bandaged her leg.

"I'm Gill by the way, Marx Gill, water dryad, and you are one lucky lady that I decided to bring my medic kit with me." He said as he rubbed a swab with antiseptic across the scrape on her shoulder. "Are you new? Haven't seen you around here before" Marx asked with a warm smile.

"Ah, yeah, late transfer, I came from a public school out south, my first day here" Clarity said shyly.

"Cool, maybe you can let me show you around? Since I was the one that injured you, it's the least I could do." His boyish smile and gentle eyes were hard to say no to.

"o-o.k, I heard there are some restaurants outside of school grounds, do you know any? I'm starving after my long trip here." She said giddily, happy to have met a friendly person, someone who's not jumping at the chance to suck her blood.

As Marx walked her along a dirt path she noticed the school's stone walls were so high, all you could see were the tips of the trees. If she had been any other fairy she could of flown circle’s around the trees and stone wall, and definitely not gotten herself injured being a foot above ground.

“... and over there is a little cafe that i like because most student’s here think their too cool for a cafe so very few go there, and your not listening are you? Completely ignoring me, just staring at trees, i seem to have competition for your attention i see” he said.
Marx burst into laughter at Clarity’s obvious daydreaming, catching her attention, making her turn bright red.

“Ack! I’m so sorry I wasn’t ignoring you i just got distracted I’m very sorry!” Clarity’s face felt warm as she apologized.

Watching her curly navy blue hair jump in the air as she walked, and her dark piercing eye’s as she looked to Marx in apology, made her stand out more so than other fairy’s thought Marx. Then again it could be the fact she was well over the usual height of any other fairy.

“Hey don’t worry about it, my first thought when i came here was ‘WOW! these walls are huge!’” he said jokingly.

“Anyway, i noticed we have a few classes together like Nurture Nature, and H2O Chemistry” he said as he handed Clarity’s schedule back.

“That’s great! two classes of joy with you compared to 7 miserable ones” Clarity said bluntly.

A couple hours later after spending lunch with Marx, and a nice evening exploring the school with him, Clarity came home exhausted.

———

Valerie sighed, hitching her leather backpack up her shoulder. It was Saturday, so most of the students were off campus to hang out with their friends or go get some decent food to eat. She walked up to the Student Support Center. It was lucky that they were open on the weekends, because she knew she couldn't take another night with that winged annoyance that currently shared a room with her. Who wakes up at 7am on a Saturday anyways?! And opens the goddamn shades in a Vampire's room!

It wasn't that she really burned in the sun, it just hurt her eyes sometimes and she wasn't much of a morning person. There was no chance in hell she would want to wake up at 7 on any day, especially a weekend.

She opened the door to the Center and found it almost abandoned, except for a few seniors working on their college resumes. An angry-looking troll stood behind the desk in red lipstick, blue eyeshadow, and a yellow dress. Valerie approached her timidly.

"Umm, hi. I was wondering if it was possible to talk to someone about rooming."

The troll smiled, bearing her gnarly teeth. "One moment."

She disappeared behind a door, only to have a small, pretty elf-like woman with blonde hair appear in her place. "What's the problem, dear?"

"Uhh, I've always had a whole room to myself, but this new girl transferred here-"

"Ms. Luna."

"Riiiiight. And she and I don't exactly get along, you know? And I was wondering if it were possible for her to get moved to a different dorm, maybe one with a fairy like herself."

"Okay, let me look..." she said, turning to her computer. "Uh. Hmm... well." She turned back to Valerie, "I'm sorry, but it seems all of the other rooms are full."

She cursed quietly to herself, knowing that she would be stuck with this little annoyance for the rest of the year. She hated it, the idea that she might be forced to get up at the crack of dawn every morning, or listen to shitty pop music, or find her walls mysteriously painted pink.

Just then, a brilliant idea sprung to her head - she could, perhaps, trade roommates with someone. Some other annoying good would take her, and maybe she might get someone who wouldn’t annoy her quite so much.

She got a text message from Volken. ‘Hey. Wut r u doing?’

‘Nthng. Bored’

‘Rumor has it you’ve got a new roommate. Y am I alwys the last 2 no??’

‘Bcus ur slow?’

‘Meanie.’ he replied.

‘She’s a fairy. I swear to god if she were any more annoying she’d have a tiara and a wand.’ she texted back.

‘... is she hot?’

‘Wtf.’

‘Just a question.’

‘No.’

‘Damn.’

‘Ur a perv.’

‘<3 LOVE YOU!!!!’ he sent.

‘Love you too. Kinda.’ She shoved her phone back into her pocket as she neared the school gates, which, by this time, were nearly deserted. She made her way slowly to the Cinema, a small movie place near campus. Not many students went there, mostly just some 20-something couples who felt that the place was ‘sooo cute and obscure.’ It was really the only place she hung out outside of school grounds.

She bought two tickets to an old movie and sat in the back as far as possible. It was Breakfast at Tiffany’s, the only romantic movie she really liked. She could connect to the main character in some way, due to the fact that she usually felt the same about her existence - that she belonged to no one and no one belonged to her, that the only person that really mattered to her was herself. The only part she didn’t connect with was the ending.

She[/i[ would never let herself fall in love with some guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. My fault. It's been a rough while. I actually started this chapter on the day of my mom's surgery and I never got around to finishing it until just now, but better late than never, right? Anyways, thank you for reading.
- Jess.

Now me, I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones that you have to watch out for, because you never know when they're going to do something incredibly stupid. *-*

- Susie :3