Mystic Academy

My Immortal

It's ceiling could barely be seen, the light's were soft and warm, the seats empty and welcoming. "I found you..." Clarity whispered almost in a pained voice. She ran skipping and jumping almost tripping twice to the stage and looked as far back as she could, her heart racing and skin tingling she smiled at no one. Closing her eye's, she summoned a dark blue tinted clarinet glowing with it's own clear light.
Her lips touched the clarinet's mouth and as the song flowed out of her and into her clarinet she lost herself in the story. She played a soft hurried tune that reminded her of the river she would play next to, or the sound of rain that fell. Slowing, her tune changed to something softer and sad, she slowly walked on pointe spinning delicately as she hummed dancing to her own beat. The song reverberated back and forth until countless clarinets were singing harmoniously with her humming. This is what she had been looking for, somewhere to stretch her true wing's and play till her heart was content, and all her thought's were just on music. Clarity's hands felt heavy as she danced, her body carrying a sadness and frustration she couldn't express. Several minutes passed like this until she sensed someone staring at her, turning to bright red eyes that looked at her with curiosity.

Startled by loud clapping both turned simultaneously to face a young man with eyes and hair like the young female vampire. His face seemed sunken in with bags under his eyes, dressed in a black suit and white chemise. It seems he had been listening in on them from the entrance they had come in. As he approached them Clarity couldn't help notice his unkempt hair and rough demeanor.

"Volken! what are you doing here?!" she seemed surprised, angry, and... happy? This had been the guy Clarity saw in the picture frame on top of the dresser.

"Oh come on Valerie you didn't think I'd find out about your roommate and NOT come check it out?! What if she turned my beloved sister into a pink wearing animal loving being? I'd never forgive myself" Volken said with a broad smile.

Eyes wide, Clarity gasped loudly and shouted "VALERIE!!". Both startled turned to look at her sudden intrusion, realizing she was pointing rudely at Valerie she quickly composed herself.

"I-I mean Valerie... w-who is he?"

"Didn't you hear? He's my loser brother" she said sarcastically

"Aren't you awfully tall to be a faerie?" said Volken trying to change the subject. Clarity looked down and fiddled with her clarinet before putting it away "...yeah I'm not very good and too weak to morph so I'm stuck this way" she said shyly.

"hmm.. you're not any shade of blue most nature faeries are, what's your family name?"

Clarity looked at Volkens intense stare and Valeries peaked interest before answering "...Luna" she responded quietly.

"Luna" he repeated as if the word itself had a secret meaning, "you're NOT a nature faerie are you?"

Valerie frowned "There's nothing else except nature faeries the only other kind are ..." her eye's widened as she came to a sudden realization.

"What do the humans call her? Blue Fairy? Wish granter? Moon Goddess?" teased Volken.

"Clarity, I'm just Clarity" she exclaimed defensively "I'm nothing special compared to those before me"

Volken closed in on Clarity's face, feeling his breath on her face she turned away quickly. Whispering in her ear "Don't cut yourself short my little Bluejay" before promptly kissing her cheek.

____________

Walking back to our room, I led Clarity to the side to ask her something i've been wondering since I found out who she was. "So I gotta ask, if you have such a family legacy why didn't you start school in this region? Everyone who's got any little bit of legacy ends up here at a young age with their own private tutors."

"That's partly my fault, my parent's wanted to take me here when i didn't come into my power's; They feared it might be because I wasn't being challenged enough but I made such a big fuss with a power presentation and everything. Finally my mother stepped in and told my father that they should just watch me and if anything goes out of hand they will have me transferred as soon as possible."

"...out of hand? did you burn a building down or something?" Valerie asked sarcastically

"uh no, but i create permanent winter in our classroom and anything withing 10 feet..."

I must of stared too long cause she suddenly added "B-But I hear they managed to lower the freezing winter to a cold current" she laughed wearily.

"ooooookay then" Valerie continued walking to their door, turning back to her "I like the gesture by the way... but if you ever do that again you'll be sleeping in the cold hard ground 20 feet under"

Clarity nodded quietly unsure if it was meant as an empty threat...

...nope pretty sure she meant it.

-----

Soft snoring from the bottom bunk assured Valerie that the minx had fallen to la la land heavily. She smiled to herself as she quietly got up and glided down and out the door. It had been dark and cold when they returned to their room, now it was pitch dark and freezing. Hurriedly Valerie walked, avoiding campus security, until she found her older brother on top of a tree near the southern wall.

Jumping gracefully until reaching her brother, she sits next to him as he stares into the dark horizon.

"Hey there little cutie! About time you sought me out! Want some marshmallows?" he exclaims happily, pushing a bag of colored marshmallows into her lap.

Valerie gives her brother an Are-you-kidding-me look before handing them back "No thanks I don't like sweets."

"Oh well your loss!" quickly popping one into his mouth before continuing "Do you know what's about 50 miles down that dirt path?"

Valerie stares for awhile before answering "A string of small town's here and there, couple underground caves for those... earthly types"

"All connected by one vast graveyard, and do you know which one of our family member is buried there?"

skepticism arose in Valerie "None, we have our private catacombs..."

"Aunt Beth" He quickly responded, turning to Valerie and gripping her hand "Father didn't forgive her in the end and placed her remains away from us."

Pulling away furiously, Valerie thought back on the promise her father had given her so long ago.
She wanted to argue, say it couldn't be, her father would of kept his promise to her... but she knew better. Standing up on the tree branch she looks over in the direction she believed the graveyard to be and let out a big sigh before jumping off.

"It's getting late." She said as she walked back to her room in silence, consumed by her thought's while Volken just stared unable to help.
♠ ♠ ♠
so im definitely giving this a whole new spin hehe i hope u enjoy it ^^
~susie

p.s :D it's a bit hard trying to get Valerie just right so many different drafts thinking "would valerie do this? how would valerie go about this? Wish my co writer was here :(