‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 17

“For you my lady,” Jared said with a smirk, handing me my chai tea.

“Why thank you my kind sir.” I replied in a cheesy manner. “How’ve you been lately, my ginger friend?”

Taking a sip of his coffee and sighed. “You know same old, just stressed out lately with the band. But on the bright side it’s almost Tess and I’s 3 year anniversary”

“Well congratulations you love birds. You guys are the longest lasting couple I’ve ever none upon.”

He laughed lightly, placing his coffee down. “Mission accomplished!”

“So—when you gonna propose huh?” I asked nudging his elbow.

His body began to stiffen up. “Um—I uh, I—“

“Hah, clam down Jare I’m just joking, no one’s expecting you two to get married yet. But you better get chopping, before some guy comes around and sweeps her off her feet.” I teased.

“Yeah I guess, but I don’t know. She seems to want to get married, but I’m not very sure yet.” He explained. “I just wanna wait till things are right, when I’m not on tour so much and when she’s finished off college.”

I nodded taking a sip of my tea. “Well sounds like you’ve got it all planned out.”

“Okay enough about me, how are you doing?” He asked trying to change the subject.

“You want the truth?” He nodded. “Well—it’s been pretty damn rocky. I don’t know if I plan on telling him I’m pregnant or with his baby anyways. And I don’t know whether I should go back to Chicago or not.”

“Wait John?” I nodded.

“And why is that? Why don’t you want to tell John you’re carrying his baby?” Jared asked, resting his elbow on the table and placing his chin onto his palm.

“Well for one, I don’t want to become a home wrecker even though it’s a little too late. Two, I don’t think he’s ready to become a father. He’s got the band, a fiancé, and I’d think he’d rather raise a family with Raquel than me.” I paused for a brief moment, avoiding Jared’s gaze. “And thirdly, I don’t think I could stand to raise a child with him, we always get on each other’s nerves, knowing which buttons to push; we’d just end up in a brawl.”

“Don’t you think her deserves to know though? He is the father of the baby, give him the choice of being in the babies life or not; at least he knows what he’s missing out on.”

I shook my head looking down at my cup. “No,”

“Annie—“

“No Jared, I said no. I’m not going to tell John and that’s that.” I snapped, shaking my head.

We sat there in silence till Jared decided to bombard me with more questions. “Okay, forget about John right now, are you going to tell Declan?”

I bit my lip nervously cause honestly I didn’t know what to do with Declan. He’s been nothing but great to me, he was always there for me when I needed him. Treated me like I was his everything, but in the end I did him wrong. I cheated on him with a guy who doesn’t give two shits about me. If I could, I would go back and made sure I never got together with John. But everything’s said and done. And now I’m dealing with the consequences.

“I-I’m going to tell him.” I stuttered. “I owe it to him to say the least. He deserves someone better than me, I just feel like shit cheating on him; with John for god’s sake!”

“John isn’t a bad guy Annie; he just has his moment, that’s all.” Jared tried to defend John but I didn’t care. “Give him some time, maybe things would go back to normal and just maybe you’ll tell him.”

I scoffed and finished off the last bit of my tea. “Yeah right, did you know what he said to me the other day at the rehearsal dinner?” Jared shook his head. “He fucking thought because I was avoiding you guys because I was jealous of him getting married to Raquel. He thinks that since I got him to sleep with me that’d he’d magically dump her and go to me. He’s fucking delusional, I swear!”

“Well, what do you think about him marrying Raquel?”

“I don’t give a shit at this point. At first I cared but now—now he can marry whoever he wants, as long as he doesn’t get me involved, I’m good.”

“You don’t mean that Annie, I know you havesome feelings left for John.”

I shook my head at him, gripping the empty cup in front of me. “Not even close, after the shit he said to me? Yeah there’s no way.”

Jared rolled his eyes. “You’re just like Kennedy hard headed, stubborn Brock’s.”
I laughed as if it were an understatement. “Brother like sister.”

“Ugh whatever can’t ever get through to you two!” I gave him an angelic look. “Stop with the look and how ‘bout we get out of here and head back to my place and hang?” Jared asked getting up from his seat, stretching a bit.

&

“No! She and Stephen made a cuter couple! Fuck you Brody, you broke her heart!” Jared screamed. As he started to throw popcorn at the TV screen.

I started to burst out laughing I couldn’t believe how caught up Jared got in watching ‘The Hills’ with me. Mission accomplished!

“What are you laughing at?” He asked, I just shook my head and continued laughing. “Fine don’t answer me pfftt. If you’re going to keep laughing like that than take it a notch down, I need to hear this!”

“Oh whatever drama queen, you’re more into this than me!” I rubbed my stomach, trying to relieve the pain from laughing too much.

“Don’t hate—just appreciate!” He said in a sassy tone, putting up his hand.

“Oh Jare, and this is why I love you so much; even more than Kennedy!”

“Duh who wouldn’t l—“He stopped in mid-sentence when the front door flew open.

There appeared an infuriated Raquel, her fists were balled up and her jaws clenched with anger. She looked like he was ready to rip someone’s head off. I just took this as a sign I wasn’t going to leave here in one piece—that’s for sure.

“What the hell is wrong with you!?!” She asked beginning to charge at me.

Jared got off his seat and ran between us. “What are you doing here Raquel?”

“Because of this skank that’s why, she’s a whore!” She growled.

I got up from the couch holding onto my stomach and gave her a weird look. “W-What are you talking about?”

“Don’t try to act dumb, you know what I’m talking about!”

I looked over at Jared and he looked down to my stomach and then back up to me. “Fuck” I mumbled.

“You’re a fucking home wrecker; I knew you really didn’t want to be my friend. You just wanted to get on John’s good side!” She shoved Jared out of the way and got into my face. “Tell you what sweetheart, nothing is going to get in between mine and John relationship—and sure hell it’s not going to be this baby!”

That’s when I snapped, before I knew it my fist made contact with her face. She was taken aback by my action but wasn’t going to backing down. She grabbed onto my hair causing me to shriek in pain, grabbing onto her hair also we both hit the ground clawing at each other. I could hear Jared yelling at the both of us but it was no use, we both weren’t giving up without a fight.

Right when I was about to go at her face again I felt a pair of hands grab onto me and pulled he off of her. I started to kick trying to throw myself back at her but I was being held back.

“Are you fucking crazy!?!” I turned to face Kennedy. “What are you doing!?”

“K-Kennedy what are you doing here?” My voice was trembling, and my body began to shake.

“I was down the street when Jared called me saying you were in a fight? What the hell were you thinking? You’re fucking pregnant for god’s sake Annie!” He scolded still hanging onto me.
“I- I don’t know what I was doing.” I admitted clutching onto my stomach.

He shook his head in disapproval. “I don’t know what to do you with anymore Annie!” He let out a sigh still looking worried. “Are you okay? Do I need to take you to the doctors?”

I started to shake my head clutching onto my stomach even harder. Across the room I could see Raquel’s bleeding lip, I could tell she wanted to charge at me if Jared weren’t holding her.

Jared tightened his grip on Raquel and pulled her to her feet. Not saying anything he started to escort her out of his house, when they started to walk by Kennedy and I, I backed away knowing she was full of rage.

Somehow she managed to wiggle out of Jared’s grasp and she came at me again but this time I was defenseless. She managed to shove me into the wall causing me to collapse onto the floor. The last thing I heard was Jared screaming and Kennedy rushing to my side shaking my body.

By then it was too late, my body became limp and my eye lids went heavy. The last thing I heard was distant sirens in the background, with that my body went cold and my world became black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annie: http://www.polyvore.com/annie_chapter_17/set?id=48079964

I haven't updated in awhile sorry, I didn't have my laptop for the past week or so. I have one more final this Thursday, after that I'm all yours. Ad you've noticed ,there's been A LOT of drama lately and I might throw some more out there so look out! :) Can I get some feedback please? Greatly appreciated!

<3 Andrea