‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 19

My body was heavy, I felt like I had the world on top of me and it was going nowhere. Everything was dark, my world had collapsed—leaving me breathless, life less, and colorless.

Everything felt like a dream, a nightmare to be exact. The world turned upside, luck wasn’t on my side, and I felt empty. The feeling that everything and everyone taken from me, stranded in a corner, frightened and alone.

I could hear yelling, tension filled the room, as the air becoming denser. Non-stop bickering coming from familiar voices, making my head spin ten times more. All I wanted to do was get up and tell the two to, “Shut the fuck up.” But my body wouldn’t let me. Everything was limp, heavy, and feeling less.

Mustering every muscle in my body, I tried to open my eyes. But my body didn’t let me. Not giving up, I tried again, and again, and again.

My efforts paid off, slowly my eyes prickled open. I could see the dim lights of the hospital shine down at me, and two aggressive guys exchanging hatred and anger through words.

"She's what!?!" One guy yelled at the other.

Trying to speak up my, voice cracked as a mustered up words. “W-What the hell are you two doing?”

They both stopped screaming at one another and looked at me stunned. The guy with a mustache, brown hair, and averaging about 6’ rushed over to me first.

He grabbed my hand and kneeled down next to me. “Annie you’re awake!” I stared at him blankly, furrowing my eye brows together. “Annie, say something please.” He pleaded.

I tilted my head to one side, “Who are you?”

His mouth dropped to the ground and head loosened his grip on my hand. I looked to the other guy who was standing by the end of my bed. “And you—who are you?”

They both exchanged weird looks at each other and returned their gazes at me.

“What are you looking at?” I ask vaguely, not asking anyone directly.

The one standing closes to me spoke up first, but weakly. “Y-You don’t remember us?”

I shook my head, taking a glance at both of the guys in front of me. “No? W-Who are you?”

“I’m Kennedy—your brother.” The guy holding my hand said. He looked up at the guy at the end of the bed and shot him a glare. “And that right there is the fag who caused you to be here in the first place.”

The guy rolled his eyes and shot his hands up on the air. “Here we go again,” He mumbled annoyed.

Kennedy scoffed and shook his head. “Here we go again.” Kennedy mimicked.

“Oh my god, she’s awake!” I kid with freakishly long hair exclaimed.

Behind him more and more people started to pile in, making become overwhelmed.

“Pat shut up! You’re in a hospital.” A ginger haired guy said sternly.

A petite lady walked in holding a clip board, “I’m going to have to ask everyone to leave, and the policy is two visitors per patient.”

Everyone exchanged looks and piled out in a line, leaving only me, Kennedy, the doctor, and ginger haired guy. Why was he in here, and who is he? Wait, who was half the people who just walked out?

“Hello, I’m Doctor. Clarence, do you mind if I ask you some questions?” I shook my head as she took a seat next to me. ”Okay, do you know what your name is?”

“Annie?” She nodded and wrote something down on the paper. “Do you remember what lead up to you being here—in the hospital?”

I furrowed my eyebrows together, gripping onto the sheets tighter. “N-No.”

She nodded again and wrote on the paper. “I see, do you remember, who some of those people were that came in here earlier?” I shook my head. “Address, siblings, career, current relationship status, anything?”

I nervously rubbed the palms of my hands looking down at my nails. I shook me head and closed my eyes.

“Okay, I think that’s enough questions for today.” She got up and shook my hand. “May I talk to you Mr., Brock?”

Kennedy got up and walked to the door with the doctor, leaving me with the ginger guy. I looked up and stared at the two, trying to listen on to their conversation.

“She suffered from a mild concussion and lost some of her memory. It’s going to take some time to recover but isn’t impossible. Have her take it easy for the next couple of weeks, make sure you wake her up every couple of hours so she doesn’t fall back into a coma and try not to stress her out so much.” Kennedy nodded. “Do you have any questions?”

“Uh yeah, i-is the b-baby okay?” He asked nervously biting his lip for a response.

“Amazingly yes, the baby is okay. He’s a fighter for sure; please make sure nothing like this happens again. No arguing, lots of rest, and for sure—no fist fights.”

He let out a sigh of relief and thanked the doctor before walking back into the room.

“I-It’s a boy?” I asked meekly, looking up at Kennedy.

A tear slid down both mine and his face. “Yes,” he walked over and indulged me into a hug, squeezing the life out of me.

We both let go and I looked into his eyes hoping for an answer. “How did I end up here?”

Shook his head a sighed, “Let’s talk about is another day, get some rest.”

“I think you’re the one who needs the rest Kennedy.” The ginger guy finally spoke up.

“No—“Kennedy tried to protest but stopped mid sentence, realizing he did need some sleep. “But who’s going to watch her?

I rolled my eyes and gave him a look. “I’m not 5; I don’t need someone watching over me.”

He scoffed and grabbed his jacket, “Says the girl who’s lying in the hospital.”

“Don’t worry man, I’ll stay here with her.”

“You sure bro, she can be a handful.” Kennedy asked skeptically.

He let out a laugh, “Yeah I think I can manage for the night.”

“Thank man, I owe you one.” Kennedy gave me a hug and walked out.

I stared at the blank wall in front of me, awkwardly avoiding his gaze.

Finally I turned to him, “I still don’t know what your name is.”

“He chuckled and shook his head. “Don’t play dumb Annie.”

“W-What are you talking about?”

He walked over and took a seat where Kennedy was sitting. “I know you didn’t lose your memory.”

I looked at him puzzled, “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Ah, you Brock’s were never good liars.” He said.

I didn’t say anything; I just sat there looking at him like he was crazy. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t even know who or what your name is.”

"Sure you don’t, but you do remember about the baby—don’t you?
♠ ♠ ♠
:P Comment & Subscribe please? Idk this chapter might be a little confusing, eh Idk anymore.

<3