I'm the Son of Rage and Love

In A Land of Make Believe

Packing all of Jesus's belongings didn't take too long. He was done in about ten minutes. He looked at his black clock that read 4:36 in the morning. Brad would be getting up at about five to go to his job. Jesus chuclked to himself, imagining the sight of his drunken step dad actually attempting to work a middle class job.

He opened the door as quietly as he could. He walked towards his mom and Brad's room and opened it. He hear the snoring from Brad's obnoxious mouth, indicating he was still sound asleep. His mother was the same, except she wasn't snoring. On the chair next to their bed, he saw Brad's kakhi pants, the ones he wore to work. Jesus walked over to it and dug around in the back pocket. When he pulled his hand out, he had a brown leather wallet in his hand. He opened the wallet and saw three crisp one hundred dollar bills. Jesus always wondered what exactly Brad did to make such good money, but he never questioned him. He took the money out of the wallet and quickly got out of their room.

Jesus picked up his bags next to the door and headed towards the door to his freedom. He was sick of the way his parents treated him and was now going to be able to leave it all; put it in the past. He turned the door and left his home. He walked down the walkway and didn't look back once. He kept on walking, not regretting what he was going to be doing. Step by step he took. He knew he was getting farther away from home, but he wasn't going to look back to see how far he was going.

In the distance, he hearing the rumble of thunder. A storm was going to come soon, and Jesus needed to find shelter somewhere. He began quickly walking down each street, in search of some sort of shelter from the storm. After a few minutes, he luckily found the shelter he desired. He saw a bus stop that had a small roof above it. The bench was empty; probally because everyone else had a home to go to and would wait another day that wasn't raining to get on the bus, especially since it was the crack of dawn. He sat down, hearing another rumble of thunder. The thunder sounded like it was coming closer and closer to where he was. He began counting the time between each thunder, just to see how far it was.

Jesus heard the thunder again. "One..two..three," he counted to himself. Before he could say four, the thunder began again. "Three miles away," Jesus told himself. He kept counting to himself, but it always thundered right before he could say "Four." He began to get drowsy. Counting over and over again was beginning to make him tired. His eyes began heavy, and he fell into a deep sleep.

When Jesus woke up, all he heard was the sound of the falling rain. Finally, the storm had come. Thankfully, Jesus had a roof over his head to keep him from getting wet. In the distance, he could hear a few dogs, howling at the rain. Each dog sounded out of key. Somehow, though, the sound of the rain and dogs made Jesus feel more at comfort.

After awhile, the rain began to calm down. Soon after, it completely stopped. The smell of the rain lying over everything filled Jesus's lungs. Jesus always loved the smell of the world after it had rained. He got up off of the bench and began walking. He looked around at the many houses surrounding him. To him, they all seemed the same. There wasn't anything different about them that would make them stand out. Jesus always dreamed of having a house worth showing off. But, he knew in his heart the best he would ever get was a house like the one he just had left.

After twenty minutes of walking, Jesus came to the center of his town. There was a statue of the founder of his town. The statue was made to look like a hansome guy, looking like he was ready to save a bunch of people from a burning home. Jesus has seen that statue time and time again. He was sick of seeing it. A plastic bag from the local food market blew by him from the breeze. He picked up the bag and pulled at it a bit, maiking it into a strip of plastic. He walked over to the statue and stood of the platform below it. He reached up and covered the founder's face with a plastic face. This was how he saw this town and the people living here; blind to what had come to this town. Blind to the destruction and filth everyone had let their town become. Blind to the mistakes that could have gone right at one point in life.

When Jesus stood down and took a step back, he investigated what he just did. He felt proud of himself. He finally didn't have to see that statue's face. A smirk went onto his face as he stood there, staring at the statue. Before anyone could come around and blame him for the statue's new attire, Jesus began his journey again to nowhere.

While Jesus was walking down the streets of his sad excuse for a town, he noticed it was very empty. Not the many people were walking around. The town clock said it was 5:23 in the evening. Most streets around here were crowded with men and women rushing home to their homes. But, it was basically deserted on the streets. Except, of course, Jesus. He noticed that on many of the stores were flyers. They all said that the election for their new governor was coming up soon.

They all had photos of a young man. He was young, but hefty. As always, the men in the pictures always had a smile on their face, like they were trying to tell you they would make everything better for them. Jesus knew that was impossible; he knew they couldn't solve every problem this whole state had. It made no sense as to why they would want to lie to innocent voters. For one more vote? It was a populatiry contest. You'd think the popular stage ends once you're out of high school. But, it isn't.

Walking down the empty streets made Jesus feel lonely. With each road he took, he didn't know where it went. But he didn't care. The streets were his new home to; since he didn't have a real home to go to anymore. Street after street, he saw only a few people. It was like the whole town was asleep, and no one was going to wake up any time soon.

Jesus walked alone, no idea where to go or what to do. The only thing keeping him company was his shadow. Jesus yawned. He was tired and needed to find somewhere to sleep. He saw, yet again, a bench. When he slept on a bench earlier, he had a bad backache. But it was the only thing around he could sleep on without getting dirty from the ground. Even though he didn't want to sleep on the bench, he did. Jesus fell asleep; his last thoughts for the night were how he was going to survive on his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? No, no? It'd be nice. (: