Status: COMPLETED: 1047 readers 360 comments 420 subscribers 144 recs

Homophobe

welcome to the wonders of alcohol

“How do I know he’s not a serial killer, or a rapist, or what if he’s one of those cannibals!? You know I heard about that Dahmer fellow, it’s a very real thing Ash, it happens. I’m only looking out for your safety here, but I think you should stay in with me tonight instead.”

Sitting on the opposite end of the couch, half-heartedly watching another chick flick movie my mom had put on, I scoffed with a roll of my eyes. “Mom, I’m pretty sure Mason’s a lot of things but I don’t think he’s a cannibal, you can calm yourself.”

My gaze coasted to the side to see my mom curled up with a blanket and a muffin, the plate next to her filled with more in hopes of bribing me to stay home. If it was my choice, then I probably would have, because the circumstances of tonight were less than ideal and banana chocolate chip was my favourite, but I knew I’d never hear the end if I didn’t make some sort of appearance. Layla would probably end up wringing my neck, and I was quite fond of my neck the way it was.

“But I’ve never met him before,” she continued, worry thick in her voice, a troubled expression on her face. “Where’s Chase, why isn’t he coming to pick you up? I haven’t seen him around here in a while, either. Why isn’t he coming over? Did you guys get in a fight or something?”

I met her eyes with a sigh. “Mom, everything’s fine. He’ll be at Mason’s too if it’s any reassurance or whatever, and you’ll like Mason,” I comforted her. “Everyone likes Mason.”

Which, I’d come to learn was sort of true. Despite the fact that Chase would rather the blond be miraculously sent half way around the world in the near future with no possibility of returning, most other people were just drawn to his presence. I wasn’t any exception to that unwritten rule either, and as I reread the text message he’d sent earlier a smile touched my face involuntarily.

I also may have had lied and told her I was just staying over at Mason’s for a harmless, completely legal and totally parent-approved sleepover. Which wasn’t completely false, because I was going to end up crashing there when the night came to a close anyways (a nice change from Chase usually doing so at my own house) but my plan for enduring the more-than-awkward circumstances was to get drunk enough to forget about them.

“Well, if Chase will be there,” she mused, doubt still mingling with her words. “Okay, okay, I guess it’ll be fine. I still want to meet this Mason kid, though.”

I scoffed again, completely unable to understand how my mom saw Chase of all people as the ‘responsible one’ when it was usually me helping his drunk ass safely home. Yet somehow he was the one she trusted most. This time, though, I wouldn’t be helping him at all, anywhere, I thought to myself with the familiar anxiety crawling in my stomach. I didn’t even know if I was going to talk to him or what I’d do when I saw him.

For the past few days at school I just forced my eyes away and slipped away quietly whenever I saw him, but could I do the same all in the boundaries of Chloe’s house?

The doorbell rang, slicing through my worries and as I got up, I purposely ignored the look I knew I was receiving from my mom. “I’ll stay with you tomorrow night,” I reassured her, the corners of my mouth quirking upwards when I heard her pleased response with that.

Opening the door I was met with all blond hair, plaid shit and the signature cheeky grin Mason always wore. “Is that a cardigan? Are you wearing a cardigan right now?”

I blinked, eyes automatically dropping to my outfit. “You know what? Fuck you. Guys in Europe wear cardigans all the time, it’s a thing, it’s completely normal. Cardigans can be really masculine too, okay?” Huffing, I trudged back into the house, ignoring the laughter of Mason sounding behind me.

“Mom, this is Mason. Mason, my mom,” I introduced him with a large swooping gesture, a severe lack of enthusiasm in my voice. I just wanted to leave already.

“Mom?” Mason gasped, his usual charm practically radiating out of his pores. “I thought that she was your sister!”

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. Oh god.

“Well, Mrs. Matthews, I just wanted to say it’s a pleasure to meet you, and don’t you worry, I will be returning little Ash here good as new in the morning. I can assure you that his safety is guaranteed with me, not a hair on his head will be hurt. I will protect his honour with my life.” He grinned at her, resting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

When I cast him a deadpan look, his grin only widened.

“Oh, well, okay,” my mom said, looking a little flustered by the compliment. “I’ll see you tomorrow then, and tell Chase that I said hi!”

Slinging my bag over my shoulder with one arm, I used the other to push Mason in the direction of the door. “Will do, mother dearest!” I called over my shoulder, annoyance fresh in my tone before shoving the blond boy lightly outside.

“Hey Ash, about the honour thing…”

As I closed the door a shiver charged down my spine, the autumn breeze prickling at my cheeks. Darkness had already devoured the sky, so I figured by the time we arrived at Chloe’s house people would already be there. Chase, I guessed, would be one of them. And whoever else Layla managed to invite, which actually was a lot more people than I first thought to be, and at school it seemed to be the conversation topic on everyone’s lips that day. I also figured when we showed up that Layla would already be absolutely wasted.

“Yeah?”

Suddenly I was intensely aware of Mason’s presence penetrating my personal space bubble, breath fanning over my ear. “I totally lied. Your honour is mine.”

“Fuck off.” I pushed him down the steps, a betraying chuckle pushing past my lips as I shook my head at the mischievous grin on his face. “And don’t piss off Chase, he’ll be there and he’ll probably be drunk so don’t start anything because we all know it’ll end up horrible and we don’t need that tonight.”

“Me?” Mason gasped, slapping a hand against his chest, looking offended by my words. “I would never even dream of such nonsense!”

I stuffed my hands in my jean pockets, unimpressed with his attempts at humour and ignoring the wind that whistled past. “Seriously, just pretend you have no idea who he is and I’m sure he’ll do the same and no one will get punched, alright?”

The blond looked to me with a devious glint in his eyes and a smirk engraved on his face. “So kissing him again, that’s a bad idea?”

I rolled my eyes, a betraying smile quirking on my lips. “Yeah, that would definitely go at the top of the bad idea list.”

“Well, no need to worry, I have way better taste these days.”

I chuckled under my breath, staring up at into the glow of streetlights. I secretly hoped that I did, too.

When we finally arrived at Chloe’s doorstep, which had been a lot harder to find than Mason and I had anticipated considering neither of us had any idea where it was, I took a deep, steady breath. Before going inside, I needed to mentally prepare myself. Tonight, I told myself, was going to be painstakingly normal. Absolutely nothing would change. I would forget all about it in a weeks time because of how awfully boring it would be. I reassured myself, this was a party thrown by Chloe, how crazy could it be?

Mason knocked and seconds later the door was thrown up, revealing Layla with cup in hand that matched her fire-engine red hair. As she saw it was us, her face immediately lit up and she screamed with excitement what I thought was my name but I couldn’t be sure. Attacking me into a hug, she sloshed a little of her drink on the back of my ever-so masculine cardigan.

“You’re here!” she shrieked in my ear.

“And you’re drunk!” I laughed, mocking her enthusiasm.

“Yes, yes, and you are incredibly not, this is a problem. Come with me, Asher Matthews, and I shall welcome you to the wonders of alcohol. And Mason, babe, you come too.” She grabbed both of our wrists and pulled us inside, where the hall was already crowded with people and music floated through the air.

I was actually surprised by how many people turned up, the air saturated with the beat of the song and the body heat of all those that stood around. When Layla stumbled down to the basement with us in tow, there were even more unrecognisable faces downstairs, conversation continuously swirling over our heads. Chloe basically launched herself across the room when she saw us, a Cheshire-like grin devouring her face.

“Hey, you made it Ash! And Mason too! Welcome to my house!” she almost screamed over the speakers, a strobe-light effect playing on the television screen and causing her eyes to look the size of moons.

“Yeah, hey, happy birthday!” I smiled at her and reached for a hug. She paused, taken aback for a moment as if not sure what she should do, before a grin lit up her face and she dived into my arms.

“Thank you!”

“And thank you, Chloe, for having this wonderful party. Now, Ash, drink up!” Layla materialized between us, pushing a red up into my hands as I pulled away from the blonde girl, another cup also shoved towards Mason. “You too, pretty boy.”

I looked to Mason, taking the drink in my hand, and he offered a cheers. “To a great night!”

“Let’s hope,” I said, laughing as we hit cups before tossing the drink down my throat.

Being a considerable lightweight, it didn’t take long for my cheeks to flush and the buzz to envelop my body. People I barely knew were filtering constantly through my vision, a couple people stopping by and starting conversation, but I mostly clung onto Layla for company who thought everything I said to be hilarious. Mason came and went as apparently some of his friends were there too from his school, not that surprising since somehow Mason knew everyone, and it looked like everyone in a five mile radius was cramped into that house. Chloe didn’t seem to mind at all though and was practically glowing from all the happy birthdays she got.

“How're you feeling there, bud?” Mason’s familiar voice sounded in my ear, and I turned to see him dump himself on the couch spot next to me, an amused smile playing on his lips.

Layla on the other side of me turned her head and threw an arm around my shoulders, giggling in my ear. “Feeling quite exquisite, aren’t you?”

“Are you trying to seduce me?” I asked with a grin, laughing as she tried to purr alluring me in the ear but mostly sounded like a cross between an engine and a walrus.

“Get in line there, girl, I already called dibs!” Mason leaned in on eyelevel with Layla, who had fallen slightly and resorted to resting her head on my chest.

Layla gasped overdramatic and over exaggerated, prepared to retaliate but was cut off by the one voice I’d been dreading to hear all night.

“Well, well, well, who invited the faggot here?”

All of our attentions snapped to the boy standing in front of us, who seemed to be swaying a little bit, his arms crossed over his chest and disgust written across his face. I groaned, not even bothering to disguise my annoyance. I just knew that it was going to happen, just knew it.

Mason seemed delighted by the confrontation as a grin immediately curved on his face, probably because he knew that Chase was the one to initiate it and he loved anything that had to do with pissing Chase off.

“Aw, I didn’t know that we were already using pet names, fuckface,” he cooed.

Layla reached over, dissolving into laughter and gave him a high-five. “Thank you! I’ve been waiting years for someone to say that to him! Chase is such a fuckface!”

Mason laughed and met her hand with a smack, eying the fuming boy who loomed over the three of us to see his reaction.

A couple of people surrounding had their interests piqued as they surreptitiously watched the event unravelling, probably silently hoping for a fight in their heads. I could tell Chase was drunk, so I knew that he wouldn’t hesitate to grant their wishes because rationality was obviously not on his side and he was probably the last person to turn down a fight. Just one time I would’ve liked things to turn out normal for me.

“Oh, do you wanna go? Because I will fuck you up, I don’t even care, come at me! Come the fuck at me! I will destroy you!” Chase threatened with a growl, taking another step closer and garnering even more attention from everyone in the room. A groan drove up from my throat as I lightly pushed Layla off of me and rose to my feet, stepping in between the two of them.

“Oh yeah, really? You’re going to fuck me up?” came Mason’s amused response from behind, to which only spurred Chase’s rage even more. Just as he was taking another step forward, probably to swing a fist, I grabbed Chase's wrist and began to drag him to the other end of the room, careful not to trip on my own feet as I did. I took a glance over my shoulder to see Mason grinning at me, to which I flipped him off. I was definitely not in the mood for this.

Surprisingly Chase made no resistance and quietly abided to me hauling him up the stairs, which helped considerably because I was basically stumbling to keep balance the entire way, wondering how much Layla poured into my drink when I wasn’t looking.

Finally we reached the top floor, entirely silent the journey up, to find it completely bare of people which was a nice contrast to the overcrowded sensation of the basement. The first door I ripped open was embarrassingly already occupied by two people who were not happy to be disturbed. The other bedroom across the hall was thankfully empty and as I held it open, Chase obediently padded through the door, looking a little confused what to do with himself when he stepped inside. As the door clicked shut behind us, the rhythm of the music managing to thump quietly in the background, I slapped a shockingly cold hand against my forehead. I didn’t even bother turning on the lights, and instead just allowed my eyes to adjust to the dark room, pale moonlight pouring in through the blinds.

“So fucking done,” I mumbled, backing into the door and sliding down it afterward. I was definitely feeling the edges of everything beginning to blur as the alcohol began to settle in my bloodstream, a new found warmth erupting from inside.

Chase dropped down on the carpet in front of me, crossing his legs as he sat, his gaze stationed directly on me. “It’s your fault,” he murmured, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Mine?” I laughed bitterly. “You almost got into unnecessary shit with Mason and you’re trying to tell me it’s because of me, and not because you have some really fucked up views on gay guys?”

“Yeah yours! Suddenly out of no where you’re all best friends with him like what the hell!? I know I gave you space or whatever but I didn’t do that so you could just fucking forget about me and get a new best friend!” he snapped, jaw tense and eyebrows furrowed together.

“I didn’t get a new best friend! We’re just friends! Calm down!” I barked back, still resting my palm against my forehead and feeling my own anger being to swell inside of me.

“Well I fucking miss you, okay!?”

I swallowed as silence flooded between us, and despite the shadows that consumed everything I still could make out Chase’s face perfectly. The rage had vanished, and in it’s wake was the familiar confused puppy dog look from that night before. Taking a deep breath, I met his gaze, silently prompting him to continue.

“Just whatever, I don’t like how he’s all over you or something and it’s weird not having you around and the way that Mason kid practically hangs off of you just pisses me off.”

I blinked at him, feeling a strange sensation in the pit of my stomach. “I didn’t go anywhere…”

“You disappeared with what’shisface, douchebag Mason,” he said, flicking his hand in the air and using the other to stable himself, palm pressed against the carpet.

“So that’s why you’re mad? Because not everyone’s kissing your ass, because he ‘stole’ me away or whatever? That’s the only reason you’re pissed off is because not everything revolves you? Oh, wow, fuck off Chase.” I closed my eyes, gritting my teeth together as I tried to concentrate to the steady beat of music below us and not on the fact that I wanted to punch him in the face.

“Could you just listen to me for a goddamn minute!?”

“Then speak! Talk! Do whatever!” I sighed in frustration

“I miss you, okay? All all your stupid sarcasm that’s like a second damn language for you and you letting me eat the mushrooms off your pizza and us talking about dumb things and you calling me a dumbass and the way you roll your eyes at me like you always fucking do and I know I’m fucking drunk right now but I cannot stand the way that Mason guy acts like he knows shit about you when he doesn’t, and the way he looks at you it just… it just…”

I stared at him, completely entrapped by his voice, feeling my mouth part in absolute shock. “Like what?”

Suddenly all anger had evaporated from both of our words, and I watched as he swallowed, that familiar Adam’s apple I was always so mesmerized with pressing against his throat. My question was quiet, barely breaking above a whisper, but seemed thunderous in contrast to the quiet that was infused in the air.

Our gazes locked and my breath hitched in my throat as he started to crawl closer to me. “Like he wants you for his own,” he murmured, his face suddenly mere inches from mine, so close that I could feel his breath against my skin.

“I… he, it’s not…” I feebly tried to say something but all my words seemed to dissolve on my tongue the moment I tried to form my lips around them. Instead, I continued to stare straight into those coffee dark eyes, unable to rip my gaze from them as the pace of my heart quickened a sevenfold.

“You’re mine.”

Before I could process anything else, his lips had layered over mine, the familiar warmth radiating over my mouth. This time, though, it lacked the rush and the urgency of the other times. It was gentle as his palm lightly cupped my cheek, lips moving tenderly against mine, almost teasing as he brushed his tongue against my bottom lip.

Hearing him say those words, all reasonable thought completely dispelled into the cold of the night. I returned the kiss, finding myself to be inexplicably forward as I pulled him closer and weaved my fingers through his short light hair, inviting him passed my lips. He straddled me, smirking into the kiss when he snuck his hand up my shirt and I gasped at the suddenness of his freezing touch that explored the counters of my stomach. All my mind could register was the heat of his body against mine and the need to bring him closer, his kisses transforming into the regular sloppy lip smacking I was familiar with, the ones that always somehow turned me on the most.

I sighed as his mouth migrated towards my neck, nibbling lightly on my sweet spot while his fingers went to work on my jean buttons. His tongue swirled against the flesh of my throat, grazing over my Adam’s apple and causing my breath to hitch when he did. He’d already slipped his hand passed the waistband of my boxers and I could feel myself grow in his grip as he grabbed at my base, the familiar tingling sensation rippling across my body.

“Me too,” he whispered in my ear teasingly, taking my hand and guiding it towards the zipper of his jeans.

I obeyed, fumbling awkwardly and feeling my breath start to grow into a pant as he continued to move his hand rhythmically, jerking me off. When I finally somehow mastered to get the button undone, his lips came to capture mine again and the taste of alcohol mingled in my mouth.

Closing my eyes, I took him in my hand, still feeling a little uneasy as I’d never done this before and hoped that I wasn’t too bad, the closest thing were my little late-night fantasies but they barely compared to what was happening. I knew an orgasm was beginning to creep up on me as the building continued in my stomach, growing every time his thumb graved over my tip, causing another heated sigh to fall from my mouth. I mirrored his movements with my own, trying to gain a steady pace with my mind spinning and tossing and twirling dizzily around me, nothing quite making any sense in the moonlight. When he moaned against my mouth, I grew a little more confident, finding myself to be getting absolutely lost in the moment.

“Oh God, Chase,” I groaned, thrusting into his grip and feeling his forehead press up against mine, his breath caressing my flushed cheeks.

“What was that?” he asked, a little out of breath himself but there was an obvious teasing to his words.

I glared at him before leaning forward and kissing him on the mouth, feeling him smile against my lips. Goosebumps crawled up my arms as I could feel my end coming up soon, close to the brink, chest heaving.

“Close, I’m so close…”

And then, suddenly, we froze.

“Ash!? Chase!? Are you guys up here!?”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my "I'm-sorry-that-it-took-me-2-months-to-update-so-here's-a-super-quick-and-super-long-update-please-forgive-me?" chapter.
I actually tried to update it yesterday but apparently Mibba was having none of that for some reason, haha, Mibba did not like this chapter apparently. Hopefully you do?
I hope you accept my apology, haha. It's practically twice as long as my usual chapters! :3
0///////////0
Also, this is officially the smuttiest thing I've ever written (it's still pretty mild for Mibba standards, though) and so this is were you console me with no, no it's fine so I don't cry. Haha, just kidding. (sort of xD)

And as well, I just wanted to say such a big, big thank you to all of you wonderful subscribers and commenters, you guys seriously are just the absolute best in the world. I am blown away by the feedback I got on this, I was not expecting barely anyone to read this, one comment is a big deal to me and on the last chapter I got twenty three comments I am just blown away you guys are the best readers anyone could ever ask for! And I hope that I can continue to be blessed with such awesome feedback, thank you so much! I just want you all to know how much it means to me. <3

So a big thank you to maribaylock, polka dot perfection, ambersky, BeautifullyTattooed, BleedingHearts, Give me Therapy, Wake!UP!DEaD!, MusicTrans, eragon122, rochelle, TropicalStormHawaii, The Fight Song, Through-the-Night, sala samobojcow, xXCan'tWakeUpXx, AlisonTimeLow, the ever so fresh., hideaway;, Elodin, Josh Cutlip, Baby-I-like-it97, and majoji.
SUPER BIG THANK YOU TO A T T A C K ! because long comments make me happy. c:

Now that we're this far, I'd like to ask:
CHASE or MASON? :3