Status: Just getting started :D

Hartnell Down

Chapter Two-Shock and Awe

Once I got home and took a bath to soothe my aching muscles, I pulled my laptop onto my lap and opened google. While it was sweet that this Scott Hartnell guy had sent me flowers, I wanted to make sure he wasn't a total creep before I even considered calling him. I quickly typed Scott and as soon as I hit the space bar the autocomplete feature pulled up the name Scott Hartnell. I furrowed my eyebrows; this was either going to be really good or really bad. Praying that he wasn't some sort of serial killer rapist murderer, I hit enter.

The page was full of hockey site after hockey site, and the pictures revealed an enormous (in most of them, extremely hairy) man with curly reddish brown hair and intense blue eyes. He was wearing an orange and white jersey in most of them, and I felt my jaw drop. I quickly clicked the wikipedia page, hit the side bar button so that it would translate to Russian (which I could read more easily), and felt my eyes grow wide. This man was a serious athlete, and I quickly hit the back button and began to browse through the sites with increasing interest. Finally, I had enough and slammed my laptop lid shut.

A world famous professional athlete had given me his number. Sure, he was 30 years old, but my parents were 20 years apart. My mother had had me when she was 18, and that was 18 years ago. I drummed my fingers against my comforter for a second before taking a deep breath. If I was going to be stuck in the United States, especially Philadelphia, I might as well have a friend or two. I picked up my phone and dialed the number written on the card.

Scott's Point of View

It was a few hours after the ballet that Roo, Schenn, Cooter, Simmonds, and Reader came bursting into my townhouse in Old City. I nearly pissed myself as I jumped out of my chair and turned around to see their laughing faces standing at my door.

"Hey guys," I said weakly, and Roo came bounding into the family room, jumped over the back of the couch, and flopped down into the seat next to me, immediately putting his feet on the coffee table.

"Scotty! How was your day?" Roo grinned, revealing his almost perfectly straight teeth. He had put his fake tooth in today, which was surprising.

"Okay," I said, flipping through the channels on the TV. Roo and Coots both screamed as I passed Star Wars, so I put the movie on and sat back, trying to ignore the guys as they made a mess out of my house and began to eat all of my food. Suddenly, my phone began to vibrate against the glass of my coffee table, so I grabbed it and glanced at the caller ID. It was a number I didn't have saved, so I headed out into the hallway to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Is this uh...Scott Hartnell?" a woman on the other end asked. She had a thick accent.

"Yeah...who's this?" I asked.

"Nika Chirkoff. You put your number in my flowers," she said, laughing quietly.

"Oh....oh! Miss Chirkoff! Yeah, I guess I did," I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck.

"I wanted to say thank you. They are beautiful. I love camomiles," Nika said, and I grinned. One point to Scotty I thought.

"You're welcome. Your dancing was fantastic, it was the least I could do," I said.

"Thank you. I was nervous. I am glad you enjoyed dance," she said quietly.

"So..." I said slowly.

"So...would you like to go for coffee some time?" she asked. I felt my eyebrows shoot up towards my hairline.

"I uh...yeah," I stammered.

"Okay, but one thing...I am not as old as you think," Nika said slowly. I raised an eyebrow.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Eighteen," she said quietly.

Holy shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is the intro into Scott and Nika. I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as you've enjoyed my others. You are really the best readers I could ask for! Comments are appreciated :)