Status: Active (;

College Frerard

The Meeting

“Gerard Way and Frank Iero” ... Iero. Frank Iero. ... Neevvveerrr heard of him. Hey. Never mind. If we’re to be sharing a room for the next year, I guess I’ll get to know him pretty soon. “Josh Smith and Ben Johnson” the woman went on... Naming naming naming... Why do we have to waste all this time on our first day listening to some woman read out the names of people we don’t even know? Sheesh.

Once the naming had finished and we’d been giving the fire safety talk thingy, we all were told to collect our keys and go to our dorms. Jeeeesus! This fucking college is stupid! Don’t they realise that they’re now going to have a herd of teenagers queuing up for keys? This. Is. Gonna. Take. AGES! Seriously. I’m already regretting even turning up... I should’ve just taken another year out of education or something...

“’Excuse me love? Name?” Asked the woman behind the counter-like thing. Oh. I guess that the queue wasn’t that long after all...
“Gerard Way.” I replied, trying to sound polite, but actually wanting to rip the damn woman’s head off. No reason why. I guess I’m just in a bad mood...
“Okay petal. You’re in room 13 with Frank Iero. Here’s your key and you’re just up the stairs over there.” She said, handing the key over and pointing to a corridor over the other side of the room.
Cool.
“Thanks.” I smiled before pushing past the group of people behind me who were waiting for their own keys. ... Wait. Did that old woman seriously just call me ‘petal’? Huh? I shook my head as I walked. “God sake.” I muttered to myself as I stepped into the corridor and headed over to the stairs. Ew. Stairs. I hate stairs.

MAYN! I am in a baaaad mood today! Hating on everything, complaining about everything. Why? Not. A. Clue. Just one of those days, I guess.
Right. Enough of this. I am going to stay positive today. Cummon Gee! Stay positive. Okay. I can do that.
So. My room for the next year. Room 13. Unlucky, eh?

I shoved my key into the keyhole and spun it round until I heard the ‘chink’ sound. I bit my bottom lip and scrunched up my nose before slowly opening the door.
“H- Hello?” I heard someone from inside say as I stepped through into the room and turned around to close the door behind me. ... Must be this Frank kid I’ve been paired with.
“Hi.” I replied before turning around to see this guy sat cross-legged on one of the beds with an acoustic guitar sat on his lap. My first thought when I saw him was: ‘cool’. ... I mean... Yeah. He looks really cool. Guitar – Nice. Black hair – Yup. Tattoos – Awesome. Yeah... I think we could get along. “I’m Gerard.” I said, awkwardly stood at the doorway and raising my hand slightly as if to semi-wave.
“I... I’m Frank.” The guy said, smiling slightly before blushing. Awh. Awwwwh! He blushed! Awh that’s cute! Awh... Awwwwwwwh! ... Awh he’s cute.
“Cool.” I grinned as I walked over to the bed nearest the door. The room was actually a decent size. The beds were about a metre away from each other, each with a bed-side table. We had a small desk and a wardrobe to share, and our own bathroom! “So this bed’s mine?” I asked, sitting down on the edge of the mattress and putting my bag on the floor. The bigger suitcases were on their way up, apparently. We were told to leave them in some random room downstairs somewhere.
Frank nodded his head and uncrossed his legs to place the guitar against the farthest wall.
“Yeah... if that’s okay?” He asked sheepishly. AWH! CUUUUUUTE! I smiled to myself as he turned his back to balance his guitar.
“Sure it’s okay.” I giggled.

Frank was still blushing as he turned back around and sat down on his bed again.
“Umm... So. What now?” He asked, looking at his knee.
“I don’t know to be honest... Did they say that we just unpacked and stuff today? I don’t think there’s anything we’ve been told we NEED to do?”
Frank bit his lip whilst he tried to re-play everything in his mind that the woman downstairs had said.
“Yeah... yeah I think so. Just unpacking and shit.” He eventually said.
“Well... Do you know anybody here we could meet up with?” I asked. He just shook his head. “Oh. Me neither.” I frowned.

After a few minutes of awkward silence (Mayn does this guy know how to keep quiet!), I clapped my hands and jumped off the bed. “OKAY! Let’s go for a walk!”
“A- A walk?” Sheesh! What is with this guy and his totally cute-but-extremely-annoying stuttering and shyness?!
“YES! A walk! Cummon!” I laughed, grabbing his wrist and yanking him off his bed. He stumbled a bit on the way out of the room, grabbing his key and a wallet on his way, but eventually, I managed to drag him out of the building and into the outside quad of the college.

It was a large square of grass with a few benches and picnic tables scattered across it. Each side of the square was lined with a large block of apartments and/or classrooms. “This isn’t so bad.” I smiled as I slowly walked forwards onto the green, heading to a bench at the far side of the quad.
“I guess not.” Frank replied as he followed me across the green, having to do a slight gallop every now and again to keep up with my long strides. N’awh. He’s so damn cute!

Once we reached the wooden bench, I sat down and tapped the space next to me inviting Frank to join me. Once we were both sat down side by side, we looked on at the quad and examined the groups of friends sat on picnic rugs together. “Everyone already knows everyone.” Frank sighed, chewing on his lip whilst he leant backwards and shrunk into the wood. I glanced over all the groups of people in the quad who were talking together before looking over my shoulder at Frank who was now slouched so low that it looked as if he was practically lying.
“Seems like you’re right.” I muttered, copying his position so that the both of us were slouching in the bench.
“I hate being the odd one out, you know? Not having a group of friends and shit.” Frank murmured. I assume that he’s always been an outcast in school then?... Not that he looks like an outcast. He looks totally normal, seems like a decent guy, but doesn’t have a group of friends?
“What do you mean?” I questioned as I glared at an orange-faced girl across the quad.

Frank shuffled backwards so that he was once again sat up straight on the bench. For some reason, I decided that it was necessary for me to copy him as I thought it felt weird being so slouched when he was sat straight... Hey. It made sense in my mind.
I then twisted my body round slightly so that I could look at Frank directly. He was still chewing his bottom lip, still blushing slightly, fiddling with the hem on his shirt, and his eyes darting everywhere.
“I’m gay.” He blurted out, but as soon as he said it, his head dropped and he stared at the floor, probably not wanting to know how I would react. GOD! SO. DAMN. CUTE!

I lifted my feet off the ground so that I could cross my legs on the bench, still slightly angled towards Frank.
“You’re gay? Is that it?” I chuckled. Of course, Frank’s reply was stuttered.
“I-I... Yes? What d-do you mean... ‘Is that it?’” As he stumbled over his words, he raised his head so that he could look at me whilst he spoke, which actually simply made me notice he was still blushing...
“So... At school, were the kids homophobes or something?”
“Yeah.” He sighed, nodding his head slightly. I chuckled again. PAH! Kids these days! ... Sure, they’re not actually THAT much younger than me, but... They act like it. “Why are you laughing?” He asked, looking worried.
“OH! Sorry! It’s just that I find it kinda funny how school can make someone feel like the odd one out.” I smiled, but soon noticed via his facial expression that Frank didn’t quite understand. “I mean, I’m gay too, and actually, loads of people are and it doesn’t mean anything’s wrong with you, you know? So I just think it’s funny how people can be made to think that...” I carried on, not having a clue about what I was saying exactly, but I knew that this Frank kid would probably just be craving someone who he could talk to who understood. I know that I needed that when I was his age.
... Oh, listen to me! I sound like a bloody old granddad or something!