Status: Active (;

College Frerard

Hairdryers ... (:

“Pst! Gerard!” I heard Frank whisper, dragging me out of my sleep. It’s a shame. I was having a rather interesting dream... There was this giant mountain thing that I had to climb, but on the way were quests and tests and things trying to stop me to get to the top... And... yeah... Okay. It doesn’t sound so interesting when you try to explain it...
I rolled over onto my back and slowly opened my eyes to see Frank looking down at me with wet hair, which sometimes dripped onto my pillow. “Hey.” He smiled. A really fucking damn cute smile... “Sorry to wake you up, Gerard, but we’re supposed to be at the first assembly in thirty minutes so I thought you might appreciate being awake.”
I sighed and pushed myself upright, watching Frank grab a hairdryer and blow-dry his hair in the mirror. “Are you just gonna sit there and watch me get ready, or are you going to get yourself ready, Mr. Sleepy-head?” He giggled, looking at me in the mirror’s reflection.
“Okay okay Mr. Bossy-boots!” I sighed, slowly but surely easing myself out from under the covers. I took a sharp breath in once I was fully out of bed. “Ooft, it’s kinda cold.” I exclaimed.
“Get used to it!” Frank said in a loud voice, trying to beat the noise from the hairdryer. “Our heating’s broken... I’ll have to go talk to that woman downstairs about it, see if they can fix it for us.” I scrunched up my nose and walked over to the wardrobe.
“Meh. I hate the cold.” I moaned, grabbing myself some boxers, thick socks, T-shirt, hoodie, and jeans, before heading to the bathroom. However, on my way, I got attacked by a hairdryer. “Hmm... That’s kinda warm and nice...” I murmured over Frank’s giggles as he pointed the thing in my face.
“It’s REALLY nice if you put it under your shirt and then all the heat hits you.” He grinned, demonstrating as he lifted his shirt’s hem slightly and pointed the hairdryer upwards. His shirt blew up with warm air like a balloon, and he slightly resembled Tweedle Dee.
“I WANNA GO!” I yelled, dropping my clothes on my bed and snatching the hairdryer from Frank. I placed it slightly under the hem of my shirt, pointing upwards, and felt the warmth hit me... It was so nice... The warm air blew its way up my torso and hit the bottom of my chin. “Mmm....” I mumbled, totally content with the warmth. But a couple of seconds after, the air completely cut off. I glanced at Frank to see him holding the plug which he had just yanked out of the socket. “OI! NOT FAIR!” I pouted, resting the hairdryer back down on the desk.
“You, mister.” Frank started, pointing at me. “You need to go get yourself ready for your first day at college. GO GO GO!” He yelled, giggling as he shoved my clothes back in my arms and pushed me towards the bathroom.

Once inside, I shook my head and smiled. ... For no particular reason, just because I felt like it. Frank can be so darn sweet sometimes, and then other times he just makes me laugh. I think I’m gonna have a good year if I get to spend it with him. “GERARRRRRRRD?!” I heard him sing-song from the bedroom area. “I CAN’T HEAR ANY WATER RUNNING! WE’LL BE LATE IF YOU DON’T GET A MOVE ON!” I sighed, grinning from ear to ear as I turned the warm water tap on.
“THAT BETTER?!” I yelled back.
“YEAH! NOW FUCKING USE THE WATER! DON’T JUST LET IT GO TO WASTE!” Frank replied, and I followed his orders right away, shedding my pyjama top and scrubbing my top half with the warm water and some soap.

I emerged from the bathroom ten minutes later, fully clothed and squeaky clean. Frank was sat back on his bed again, cereal bar in hand and iPod plugged into his ears. He watched me as I placed my pyjamas under my pillow and chucked my dirty underwear into a black bin bag under my bed.
“Thanks for waking me up, by the way.” I said, pushing the bin bag further under the bed.
“You’re welcome!” He smiled as I stood myself back up. “You wanna cereal bar?”
“Sure.” I grinned as Frank pulled one out from his bedside drawer.
“CATCH!” He shouted, throwing the bar in my direction. It was heading slightly to my right, and so I reached out for it... And missed.
“Oh.” I muttered as it fell down the side of my bed. “Well that sucks.” I pouted and looked over at Frank who was laughing like an idiot.
“YOU CAN’T CATCH!”
“NAH-AH! YOU THROW LIKE A GIRL!” I yelled back at him, shuffling to the edge of my bed to search for the cereal bar. I noticed it just an arm’s reach away from me, and so reached down and picked it up. “Ah. Thanks anyway, dude.” I grinned, sitting back upright and opening the darn thing.
“You are welcomed.” Frank giggled, finishing his own and chucking the wrapper in the steel bin next to our desk.

It took me less than thirty seconds to finish my ‘breakfast’, and Frank and I were soon wondering around the college buildings trying to find the assembly hall. “We should’ve been given a map or something...” Frank muttered as we wondered through a corridor painted completely white, with red notice boards up one side.
“Agreed.” I said, stopping to glance inside one of the rooms that had an open door. “Hey, excuse me?” I asked, noticing the dude inside of the room sat at a computer. He looked up and had a blank look painted across his face.
“Yes?” He murmured, scrunching up his nose. Not surprising really. His ‘tash was fekkin huge... He’s definitely a posh twat in his forties.
“Do you happen to know where the assembly hall is, please?”
“Follow the corridor, turn right at the end ‘T’-junction, and it’s just on your left.” He stated, and as soon as he finished, he returned to looking at his computer.
“Thanks.” I muttered, rushing away from the door asap.

“Down the corridor, turn right, on your left! Not too hard, eh?” Frank smiled as we walked on together, following the guy’s instructions.
The doors to the assembly hall were fucking massive. Wooden, intricately carved patterns, double doors. Is there really any point to that? REALLY?! They’re just doors... They don’t have to be so fancy... We walked through the doors and into a large room filled with blue plastic seats in neat rows. “Where do you want to sit?” Frank whispered to me as we walked through the room past rows of people who’d got here early, staring at the pair of us.
“Anywhere. You chose.” I whispered back, soon after being grabbed by the arm and dragged into an empty row about halfway down the room. We walked to the end of the row and took our seats side by side. “It’s really quiet.” I whispered, leaning towards Frank so he could hear me.
“I noticed.” He chuckled, still whispering.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes whilst the plastic chairs were filled up, and at nine o’ clock exactly, a grey-haired man walked his way onto the stage at the front of the room and stood behind a lectern-like thing.
“Welcome, boys and girls, to Marylane’s College.” ... Did he just call me a ‘boy’? ... *facepalm* ... “I hope you’ve settled into your dorms well, and I hope you and your roommates get along! If not, you’ve got a long year ahead of you.” ... I couldn’t tell if that was supposed to be a joke or not, but a couple of people chuckled. ... I was not one of them. “First of all, I want to talk to you about safety in the college...” The guy droned on. His voice was so bloody monotone!

Frank leaned towards me at tilted his head up slightly so he could whisper in my ear.
“Kill me now.” He said as we attempted to stay awake during the old man’s speech about fires and how to climb the stairs correctly...
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda a filler chapter ^^ Sowwiieeeeeee!

Joey xoxo