Number Three's Story

Introduction

Introduction
Earth, our new home. There was one window on the shuttle, so all of the Garde and Cepan crowded around it, staring without batting an eyelash in complete awe. It had all the things Lorien had--- water, land, and large cities. Whispers filled the metal shuttle of joy, disgust, and curiosity.

“Is this where we live now?” One child spoke up, it was number eight, gazing blankly at the planet, without showing any of her emotions.

“Yes it is,” one of the Cepan spoke up, “This is where we live now, in hiding.” Hiding, all we could do was play a giant game of hide and seek with the Mogadorians. The word still makes me shudder. We entered in a thunderstorm as the people of the world say. The rocket rolled and shook entering the atmosphere. Making some people sick to their stomachs.
When we landed on the ground, the muddy ground, the pilot got out and checked for any followers.

“It’s clear, Cepan, you come first.” He signaled and the Cepan filed out like cows in a field lining up to get milked. After our guardians flowed out of the ship, the Garde followed out, staring at the now clear skies, revealing the stars. One Cepan pointed to the sky in a northward direction.

“Lorien is that way.” He pointed out, tears welling up in his eyes.

“Alright, we don’t have days to stargaze, let’s go! They could be trailing us now!” The pilot said impatiently. We looked at each other awkwardly, knowing that this may be the last time we ever see each other. We hugged and said a prayer to each other, and got in a line where two men had materialized, each holding nine envelopes. We slowly inched our way to the tip of the line, where the men handed us each an envelope.

“These are your new identities. Cepan, you have an infinite amount of money, use it wisely. And Garde---“He paused trying to look me in the eyes, even though he was wearing sunglasses, “We hope to see you and your Cepan back on Lorien.” He said emotionlessly. I nodded, and opened the envelope, revealing our first location. It was Sydney, Australia. I looked at my name now, Zach Remit. I looked at my Cepan, and he knew. He took my trust, and now he is my eternal guardian.