Reaching Agnes

Theories

“I… I think I’m pregnant…”

I was dumbfounded, silent, shock, stupefied…

“A… Are you there?” She sounded desperate, like she was about to cry. “Dante, please, say something…” I stayed in silent, thinking about what to say. “I thought I was just late, but… I tried to convince myself that I had this strange psychology disorder were a woman think that she’s pregnant and get nauseous and all the symptoms of a real pregnancy, but she’s not, but then a friend told me to buy a pregnancy test which came back positive, but I don’t believe in that stuff so-” She talked so fast that I felt the need to interrupt her.

“Take a breath, Agnes.” I told her softly taking a deep breath myself.

“I also took a blood test, but the doctor said she was going to read them on Wednesday, but…” She sighted. “I’m scared, Dante… I can’t have a baby right now and I can’t take a decision alone…” Agnes was sobbing in the other line and I couldn’t take it.

“Where are you?” I ask her getting off of my bed and dressing myself as fast as I could.

“I’m at a public phone…” She answered sobbing.

“Where?” I got my keys and left the apartment.

“I will meet you at the coffee shop.” I entered my car and turned on the engine.

“No. Where the hell are you Agnes?! Is very late and I don’t want you walking alone in the streets right now!” Feeling desperate was not helping me; she can’t be at 1 in the morning walking alone! Agnes could get hurt and so our baby… Our baby…

“Don’t get cocky with me, Dante.” She said serious. “I called you because I need to make a decision and because you are the father, I need you to approve of it, but I just want to be 100% sure that I’m pregnant before I think of making a decision.” I took another deep breath, I can’t argue with her now, she’s right. Any other woman would have got an abortion without telling me, just like… “Dante?” She called softening her voice tone.

“It’s okay, you are right and I’m sorry. I just don’t want anything bad happening to you...” I told her sincerely.

“I know and I’m sorry too. I’m just hormonal I guess…” I smiled and I heard her giggle. “I’m at the public phone near the supermarket, around the coffee shop.”

“I know where that is so stay there; I will meet you in 10.” I said driving to that direction.

“I will stay here obediently.”

“Meet you there, bye.”

Now I can’t even describe how I feel… I don’t want to go through this again. I really don’t want to lose this baby, not this one…
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't you curious about Dante and Agnes past?