Reaching Agnes

Defeated

Agnes was standing in front of the public phone when I arrived. She was looking at the floor with her hands inside her coat pockets. I got a glimpse of her face and she looked exhausted. I keep walking until I was in front of her.

“Agnes.” She looks up and met my eyes.

“Hi.” We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes.

“Can I hug you just for a few seconds?” I ask rubbing the back of my head afraid she did say no.

“Yes…” She gave me a small smile and then hugged me by the waist. Agnes did it so softly, and I and returned the hug with the same kindness. “Sorry for calling you so late…” Why does she always apologies? Can’t she let a man take care of her like the any other normal woman? But I guess that wouldn’t be Agnes at all.

Because I didn’t say anything, Agnes cupped my chin and looked at me with her soft blue beautiful eyes. I got the feeling that she was trying to decipher me, and I tried to do the same. She had the look of a person that’s been hurt a lot, the pained expression, but manage to hide it all the time behind a mask, being rude, keeping everything about her a secret and not using her real name. That’s the only reason I can think about to understand her reactions, why she acts like she does.

“Let’s go.” I said caressing her cheek, she felt cold.

“Where?” She asks raising her eyebrow.

“My apartment.” I answered after I took her hand in mine and led her to my car.

“I can’t go there, I have thing to do and I-”

“I won’t accept no for answer. Besides, we need talk.” I said serious as I opened the passenger door for her.

“You will never give up?” Agnes was standing in front of the door looking at me.

“No.” She sighted and sat in the passenger seat crossing her arms defeated.

On our way home, Agnes fell asleep. She looked exhausted and I didn’t want to wake her up. After I parked my car in front of my apartment, I opened the front door and left it open to go back for her. I lived in the first floor of an apartment building and I had a 2 floor apartment, very comfortable by the way. When I reach the car, I took Agnes bridal style to my home. She didn’t weight much. Carefully, I went upstairs and laid her on my bed. I started to undress her with slow moments, being careful to not wake her up. First was the coat, then her shoes and after that her black jeans. I decided not to go further, just so she wouldn’t freak out in the morning. At this moment, she looked so fragile and vulnerable.

I stared at her belly, but she wasn’t showing jet. She had the same perfect body, the same I remembered from the first time we had sex. Then I undressed myself and took a pair of pajama pants and turned off the light. I made way to the bed and lay down besides her, covering ourselves with the sheets. Agnes felt really cold and I closed the gap between us. I held her closer to my chest so she could get warmer. Strangely, I heard her mumble something in her dreams, but I caressed her hair and she stopped. My nose was reaching her head and I bend down a little and took a deep breath, her hair smelled like strawberries and I fell asleep drunk in her smell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter would be longer ;)