Wild Things.

Strange Behaviors

“Good morning love,” Jack greets Embry with a smile on her lips. Embry just groans in response and lifts his head from the steering wheel to look to her. “What’s wrong?”

“Patrol ended so--” Embry mumbles till he’s hit by Quil that was lying in the back seat.

“Patrol?” Jack looks to him with an odd expression. “Morning Quil… Why are you inside Embry’s car? Why are you so sleepy?”

“Too many questions,” Embry groans rubbing his eyes.

“What’s that patrol thing? Are you on the neighbor watch thingy?” Jack ignores him and asks as she enters the car.

“Hum, sort of?” Embry mumbles.

“We played till late a game,” Quil chimes in narrowing his eyes to Embry. “We had to… patrol an area because some guys were hiding there…”

“What game and why didn’t you invited me?” Jack pouts looking to them. “It’s because I’m a girl?”

“No, no,” Embry says sweetly narrowing his eyes to Quil that sighs in response. “It was a last minute thing… And neither of us knew you liked games…” He pats Jack leg making her smile.

“I don’t, but I don’t mind playing with you,” Jack says with a smile. “Especially because I’m pretty sure that Enza had another date with Carlisle and I was kind of afraid to leave the bedroom and catch them making out...” Jack twitches her mouth with a smile. “Well if sleeping there counts as a date…” she adds after a laugh.

“Enza and Carlisle are getting serious?” Quil inquires with a smirk.

“Enza seriously wants to jump to his pants.” Jack laughs and shakes her head. “That counts as serious, right?”

“How was Italy?” Embry asks trying to divert the subject. He was honestly tired of hearing Jack and Leah tease Enza because of Carlisle; it brought a blush to his cheeks just to think about it.

“Why are you blushing?” Jack slaps his shoulder and narrows her eyes. “What the hell do you think that happened in Italy?”

“I was thinking about you and Leah--”

“Me and Leah?” Jack slaps his arm harder. “I didn’t do anything with Leah! You’re such a pervert!”

“You and Leah teasing Enza,” Embry hastily says trying to end the assault against his shoulder. Quil just laughed loudly amused by the scene. “I wasn’t thinking about anything dirty apart from your dirty words!” He adds trying to defend himself.

“Ah, I was getting worried. Anyway Italy was fun but nothing especial happened… I got my pay back and slept a lot.”

“What?” Quil asks raising an eyebrow.

Jack told them everything. How last year Neil and Lukas had let her in some random club in Sicily and disappeared with girls. She told them how she had to ask direction to several people and that it had taken ages to reach her Zia’s house. She then explained the revenge she had planned and how she had accomplished it.
When she proceeded to tell them how her uncle's party was, she had to repeat the names of her family members at least ten times because the boys got confused.

“I don’t know how you know all those names,” Quil mutters rubbing his head. “It gives me a headache just from trying to memories everything.”

“She knows them since she is a child,” Embry states rolling his eyes.

“What about you guys… What did you do when I wasn’t around?” Jack asks with a smile.

“Nothing much…” Quil mumbles and Embry nods his head twice in agreement.

“I find that hard to believe,” Jack declares crossing her arms over her chest as she glanced in Embry's and Quil's direction.

“It’s the truth though. La Push was a bit dull without you,” Embry says with a small smile.

“Aw, you missed me.” Jack pinches Embry’s cheek making Quil laugh and Embry groan.

“I have no idea why I missed you.” Jack punches Embry's arm. “I’m joking! Damn it woman, you will end up killing us today.”

“You’re grumpy today,” Jack comments looking to Embry that started to move body lightly in the seat.

“He just needs to sleep,” Quil tells her after a yawn. “We both need to sleep.”

“If only she saw something,” Embry mumbles tiredly rubbing his left eye.

“Who?” Jack asks making Quil and Embry jump lightly in their seats.

“Hum, the chick with which we played last night…” Quil says trying to cover what Embry had just said. “She didn’t saw a thing trough the whole game!” He forces a laugh and Jack simply stares.

“You’re acting weird today.”

“We’re not,” Embry says defensively.

“Embry is just speaking a lot before thinking…” Quil speaks with his eyes narrowed making Jack look to him once again. “And it’s clearly confusing you… Because he says things in a… wrong way… and that is… confusing?”

“Are you asking me if I feel confused?” Jack inquires raising an eyebrow. “I wasn’t that confused a second ago but now I must confess that I am…”

“He should just tell her,” Embry says in a harsh manner.

“What?”

“Nothing,” Quil mumbles as he hits Embry’s head. “Embry is just throwing a temper tantrum… He is just mad he lost the game…”

“Scratch weird. You’re acting like lunatics… I think I need directions or notes to follow this conversation,” Jack mumbles sinking her body onto the seat. “And I think you’re doing it on purpose too.”

“Why would we?” Embry glances in Jack’s direction.

“Only you and Quil can answer that,” Jack states crossing her arms over her chest.

“Don’t be like that Jack.” Quil gently caresses her arm making Jack shake her arm. “Jack… Jackie…” He says mimicking Claire’s voice which made Jack giggle. “Don’t be like that Jackie!”

“Enough with the baby voice,” Jack mumbles with a smile. “You haven’t told me why you’re here today?” She looks to Quil that looks to Embry.

“He missed you too,” Embry says with a smile. “Isn’t it obvious?”

“Aw, I feel so loved today.”

“You should… I bet that we won’t let go of you soon too,” Quil states with a smile.

“Now that is creepy,” Jack declares making Embry laugh and shake his head.

He parks the car in his usual spot and Jack jumps out of the car happily to greet Jacob, that was already there waiting for them.

In the beginning of the day Jack though that they had really missed her but soon that thought was crossed from her mind. They were acting too weird. She had noticed how they glanced in every direction before allowing her to enter a classroom and how they sniffed the air. Even Jared and Kim had decided to join Paul in his regular chase. And to her surprise Seth was in to that as well.

They also refused to answer to her many questions and when they did answer they always accused her of imagining everything. They claimed that her trip to Italy had made her paranoid. But Jack was sure that something was going on, she just didn’t know what.

“Where are you going?” Jake asks grabbing Jack’s arm, preventing her from moving.

“To the bathroom.” Jack rolls her eyes and tries to walk but Jake didn’t let go of her arm.

“I’m going…” Jake announces.

“Did you grow a vagina while I was in Italy?” Jack inquires making Jake’s cheeks turn bright red.

“What? No!” Jake mumbles dropping his hand from her arm.

“So why do you want to go with me to the bathroom?”

“I just do.” Jake picks her hand and pulls her down the corridors. Embry and Quil followed them laughing.

“Why are you acting so weird today?” Jack questions them as she is dragged down the corridors.

“We’re not acting any differently.” Jack snorts in response. “You are imagining things… We always accompany you to… well… everywhere,” Jake states.

“Not like this though… You don’t leave lunch to take me to the bathroom! You guys are addicted to food and all of you came… Even Seth is following me today… Seth doesn’t follow me!” Jack affirms with a serious tone of voice. “And I’ve seen Jared and Kim around us too… So are you really going to say that it’s all from my imagination?”

“Yes, you have a vivid and paranoid imagination,” Jake declares as he continues to pull her by the hand to the bathroom.

“Embry? Can you say that it’s all from my mind? That I’m imagining things?” Jack looks to him expectantly.

“Eh… Ah… Um… ”

“Of course,” Quil says interrupting Embry’s nervous sounds.

“I said Embry!” Jack screams glaring in Quil's direction.

“Yes,” Embry blurts looking to the ground making Jack groan loudly.

“I’m going to find out what’s wrong. I swear!” Jack promises and enters the bathroom.

“I hate this,” Embry whispers looking to Jake that tiredly rubbed his eyes.

“I know… It’s so hard to lie to her…” Quil mutters looking to the door.

“We have to do this to protect her… It’s not like we chose any of this to happen…” Jake says sternly making Embry and Quil sigh loudly.

“Paul is driving me crazy,” Quil comments looking to his phone. “I swear he texts me every ten seconds…”

“It’s natural,” Jake declares.

“Any of us would be crazy--” Embry tries to say.

“Ha!” Jack yells making them jump. “You’re plotting something… I can see it from the guilty look on your faces that something is really going on. I have now a proof that you’re hiding something!”

“No, you don’t,” Embry says defensively.

“I do! You were whispering and I clearly heard crazy… So tell me what is wrong!” Jack demands.

“We were saying how insane you are driving us today with your billions of questions,” Quil mutters.

“No, you weren’t…” Jack affirms with conviction.

“Yes, we were!” Quil contradicts her.

“No!”

“Enough!” Jake shouts making Jack and Quil jump and stare to him. “I need to sleep and this childish conversation is driving me insane…”

“It would end if you simply told me what was wrong,” Jack mumbles as she walks away.

They didn't tell her what was wrong. They simply dragged Jack to the cafeteria, to the table where Seth was sitting. He had been waiting for them to finish lunch.

Their odd behavior continued through the afternoon. Seth and Embry went with Jack to her work and stood there, near her the entire time. Embry sometimes accompanied her to her work so he could eat the pastries, but Jack could tell that eating pastries was the last thing that was on Embry’s mind.
He and Seth didn’t move from the door. They analyzed everyone that entered the bakery and Jack could swear that they sniffed them. Why would they want to know how people smelled?

“Are you sleeping here today?” Jack asks Embry as he drives her to her home.

“No, why do you ask?”

“You’ve been following me around all day… I figured that you’d stay here to keep an eye on me…” Jack mumbles looking through the window.

“I have other ways of watching you.” Embry automatically regrets his words. He really needed to sleep because today he almost ruined everything several times. Paul had to tell everything to Jack quickly because he knew it was a matter of time till she found out…

“How creepy of you!” Jack mutters with her eyes wide open and moves her body closer to the door. “Did you install a camera on my house when I wasn’t around?”

“That’s crazy!” Embry laughs loudly making Jack relax. “I can call you during the night that was what I was talking about… Installed a camera,” he says and laughs again.

“It was a crazy assumption I admit.” Jack stops laughing and looks to Embry with a small smile. “But the way you said it made it look like you were a creep.”

“I’m not a creep,” Embry mumbles. “I’m a decent person and I don’t have any weird fetishes…”

“That I have discovered,” Jack teases him with a smirk.

“There aren’t any fetishes to be discovered,” Embry speaks softly. He stops the car close to Enza’s and Jack’s door. “I’ll see you tomorrow Jack.”

“Okay.” Jack kisses Embry’s cheek and unfastens the seat belt. “Embry?”

“Yes?”

“I hope that you can soon tell me whatever is going on,” Jack whispers with a small smile. “I know it isn’t your idea of keeping it a secret too… You never hid things from me and--”

“Soon Jack, soon,” Embry promises with a small smile.

“Love you,” Jack says as she gets out of the car.

“I love you too Jack.”

“Enza?” Jack asks when she enters the house.

“Lo sono qui,” Enza yells in response.

“What are you cooking?” Jack drops the bag on the ground and walks to the kitchen from where Enza’s voice had came.

“Lasagna.”

“Oh that will bright my day,” Jack mumbles with a smile. Enza removes the eyes from the stove and looks to her cousin.

“What’s wrong?”

“The guys are weird and they refuse to tell me what’s wrong too,” Jack says after a loud groan.

“They too?” Enza asks raising an eyebrow.

“Hum?”

“Leah and Alice were all day with me. They refused to leave me alone,” Enza says after a sigh.

“Just like the guys… What do you think it’s going on?” Jack inquires.

“Si sentivano la nostra mancanza, forse?”

“Or maybe they all drank water from the toilet,” Jack mumbles with a smirk making Enza laugh. “You didn’t saw the sexy doctor today?” Jack wiggles her eyebrows making her cousin chuckle.

“He had lunch with me, or watched me have lunch.”

“Kinky.” Enza throws a towel to Jack with a smile.

“Carlisle non è un pervertito.”

“Allow me to say otherwise… He did say he wanted you to be drunk when you spoke on the phone with him so he could hear more dirty things… He clearly--”

“Jack! I don’t know why I tell you those things,” Enza almost yells with her cheeks pink. She still got embarrassed every time she recalled the conversation she had with Carlisle when she was drunk.

“’Cause you love me,” Jack replies bashing her lashes making Enza laugh. “Plus, we couldn’t hide stuff from the other even if we wanted too…”

“That is true and I’m glad that it is that way.”

“Me too. Now do you need help?”

~*~

“What was that for?” Embry mumbles looking to Jack. Jack had just slapped his arm with all her strength and was now tapping her foot on the ground and glaring.

“You forgot to pick me up! I had to call Enza and do you know who got me here? Leah! Leah had to drive me here!” Jack scolds him and continues slapping his arm.

“I’m sorry Jack!” Embry mumbles garbing her arms. Jake grabs Jack from her waist to prevent her from hitting Embry but she started kicking the air.

“Put me on the ground Jacob Black! I want to smack the bitch out of him,” Jack yells as she twitches her body trying to slide from his arms. “I want him to suffer as I have!”

“What’s going on?” Paul asks looking to Jack with panic. “Is she hurt? Who the fuck hurt her?” He yells trying to comprehend what was going on.

“Fuck off! I’m not in the mood to see your fucking face,” Jack shouts moving her body more violently. “Put me down Jacob!”

“Jack, please calm down,” Quil pleads. “Everyone is looking to us…”

“Fuck them!”

“Will someone tell me why is she like that?” Paul narrows his eyes to Embry that was blushing.

“I forgot to pick her up…”

“You what?” Paul’s body starts trembling as he gets close to Embry. His hand moves to Embry’s chest and he grabs the fabric from his t-shirt with rage. “What if something happened to her? How could you forget?! Something could have happened!”

“Shut up!” Jack yells trying to hit Paul. “I’m the only one that has rights to be mad here!”

“Let’s all calm down,” Quil pleads moving his eyes to Paul and Jack. “Embry is really sorry. He won’t forget to pick you up again.”

“I want to smack the bitch out of him,” Jack whines like a child trying to get free from Jake’s arms.

“Let go of him Paul,” Jake hisses tightening the grip around Jack’s waist. “Let go of him now!” Paul growls and drops his hand. He moves his attention to Jack that was squirming.

“Are you fine?” Paul asks her with a worried expression. “Nothing happened, right?”

“You’re here so something happened,” Jack spats. She stops fighting against Jake’s arm and lets her body relax. “Please let me go. I promise I won’t hit Embry…”

“Do you forgive him?” Jake asks with a small smile.

“Of course. He’s my Hoover,” Jack says with a small smile making Embry blush. “And I need my Hoover close.” Jake smiles and releases her. “If it happens again I’ll replace you though.”

“If you ever forget to pick her up again I--”

“Shut up.” Jack interrupts Paul and narrows her eyes. “This is between me and Embry. You have nothing to do with this so go somewhere else.”

“No.” Paul crosses his arms over his chest and narrows his eyes to Jack. “I’m staying here.”

“Then I’m going,” Jack says and starts to walk away. “I’ll see you in classes.” She waves her hand in the air and enters the building.

“Paul, don’t.” Embry grabs his arm preventing him from following Jack.

“You’re doing an awful job Embry Call,” he spats angrily. “What if the leech was there? What if it killed her!”

“I wasn’t thinking straight… When Jacob called me I drove automatically here to find out find out if someone had a lead on what the vampire is trying to achieve or why Alice can’t see a thing! I’m just as worried as you Paul,” Embry says clenching his fists. “We all are worried about Jack!”

“She’s alone at the moment and--”

“Seth is with her. Don’t worry… She won’t be alone till we find out why the vampire has been trying to get to hers and Enza’s house.” Jake interrupts Paul.

“I’m going to kill the leech,” Paul says trough his gritted teeth. “I swear I am.”

“Not if we get it first,” Quil says with a playful smile.

Jack hopes of everything returning to normal soon disappeared. After the first class everyone started to follow her around like in the day before. They also seemed far more tired and that worried her a lot.

She was trying to convince Embry to stay with her on her house and sleep for a while as they drove to her house. It was her day off and she didn’t want to spend it alone. But for some odd reason Embry didn’t accept her invitation. He said that he had things to do but that she should call him if something happened.

Jack goes to her bedroom trying to come up with something to occupy her time till Enza’s return. She grabs her guitar but before playing she decided to look to the book that Dave had written for her. When she opened the book a letter fell on the ground.

“I never read his threat,” Jack mumbles with a smile as she opened the letter.

The smile quickly vanished from her lips. She read everything twice just to make sure she wasn’t imagining anything. With anger she crumbles the paper on her hand and tosses it to the top of her bed.

“Breath, just breath,” she whispers as the tears start falling from her eyes. “Fuck.” She cleans her face with the back of her hands and gets out of the bedroom.

She runs to the garage where her father motorcycle was. She removes the large grey cloth that was covering it and removes the keys from the wall. Not even the memory of Embry and Quil cleaning the engine brought a smile to her lips and it had been a funny day.

She hops on the bike and leaves the garage. Once she closes the garage door she begins to drive away trying to forget everything she had just read.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all those that have read and subscribed and commented!
Don't be afraid to tel us what you think of the story so far ~

Image