Wild Things.

You're In Trouble

Since Enza and Carlisle had gone away for the weekend Jack was spending the night at Embry’s house. It hadn’t exactly been her decision but she wasn’t displeased. The shifters had convinced her that spending the night alone was a bad idea therefore she should spend the weekend at someone’s house. They had tried to convince her to stay with Paul and they, obviously, had failed.

So, on that moment, Jack was sitting next to Embry eating the cake that she and Harriet had cooked earlier that afternoon. However Jack could tell that something was off by his behavior. He constantly glanced in front door direction and often checked his cell phone. He was also rather quiet and seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

“I think you’re hiding something,” Jack informs Embry as she takes another slice of the cake. Embry chokes and Jack smirks as she hands him her can of soda. “See, that’s more than proof that you’re hiding something.”

“If this is about Yvette, please drop it,” Embry pleads while he places the soda back on the table.

“Even if I’m still curious, that was like a week ago. You did something naughty today. I can tell just from looking into your face.” Jack points to his face and squints her eyes, as if she would see what was going through his mind by doing that.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Jack. This is starting to hurt my feelings.” Embry places one hand above his chest and with his right hand he picks another slice of cake. “You are always accusing me of doing--”

“You’ve done plenty of things this week to justify my accusations,” Jack grunts with an annoyed expression on her face. “I lost count at the times that you’ve left me alone with Paul.”

“I didn’t!” Embry tells her a little too quick making her shove a finger on his chest.

“You know you did! I know you well enough to know when… Well, even if I didn’t know you well I’d still catch you because you, Embry Call, are a terrible liar,” Jack rants making Embry laugh lightly at the way she was changing the topic of the conversation. “There are signs. I could even write a book about it. Not looking me in the eyes, well that’s a classical one. There’s also the finger twitching, scratching your head, tapping your feet--”

“Are you done?” Embry asks with an amused smile on his face.

“There are more signs,” Jack says slightly annoyed by his interruption. “I could go on all day, but it wasn’t the point… Right?”

“No, it wasn’t Jack.”

“Embry?” Paul asks opening the door from Embry’s house.

“You didn’t dare!” Jack yells getting up from the chair. “You’re dead Hoover, completely and utterly dead!” She jabs her index repeatedly against his chest.

“What did he do?” Paul asks looking with curiosity to Jack.

“I’m innocent,” Embry states loudly trying to stop the assault. “I swear I’m innocent from whatever you’re thinking Jack.”

“Like hell you are Embry!” Jack looks to Paul and narrows her eyes to him. “You’re here because of him, aren’t you?”

“Does it look like I do what Embry tells me to do?” Paul says cockily trying to help Embry. Embry, in the other hand, didn’t take his words as the words of someone saving him so he glared.

“Remind me again why I’m helping you?” Embry mutters darkly.

“Helping him with what?” Jack asks him with a demanding tone that made Embry blush and Paul narrow his eyes to him as a response. “If you were trying to make him a model citizen you should have given up by the time he started running in his boxers…” she adds with a smirk making the boys relax.

“Maybe if you ran in your panties from time to time you’d be happier,” Paul states sitting in a chair near Jack. “Not that I’d recommend it though, you’d be cold. Some pervert would probably chase you too… Forget about what I said. It’s really a bad idea so never run around in your panties.”

“You know nothing Lahote,” Jack mumbles with a smirk on her lips. She calmly seats near Embry and looks to him with an amused expression.

“No,” Embry simply tells her as blush starts to appear.

“I didn’t say anything. Yet,” Jack adds with amusement.

“What are you two talking about?” Paul asks with a tone of voice that revealed his annoyance.

“Nothing,” Embry utters with a stern tone of voice as redness of the blush increases.

“I wouldn’t call it nothing.”

“I want to know.” Paul narrows his eyes to Embry.

“Where are you?” Quil asks opening the door. He and Jake entered the living room and looked to Jack and Embry, trying to decipher what was going on. Jack had a smirk and a glint in her eyes that made very clear that she was up to no go while Embry was blushing violently.

“What’s going on?” Jacob inquires looking to Jack.

“You came in the right moment Jake. I was about to ask Embry if he remembered that one time you guys all lost a dare…” Jack says with an innocent tone of voice making them cringe. Jake and Quil started blushing which increased Paul’s annoyance.

“Do you remember that one time that you shut up?” Jake tells her after a groan.

“Will someone tell me what is going on?” Paul demands with a stern tone of voice.

“No,” Embry tells him after a tired sigh covering his cheeks with his hands. “You promised Jack.”

“I personally would like to forget all about it…” Quil mumbles lowly making Jack laugh like a mad woman.

“I hate when you guys have these cryptic conversations,” Paul complains looking to them with an angered expression. “It’s like you do it on purpose.”

“You shouldn’t be here in the first place.” Jack looks to Embry and slaps his arm as hard as she could. “I knew you were hiding something.”

“I think Jack does it on purpose,” Quil declares trying to change the subject.

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. You aren’t mind readers so you’ll never now.” Jack childishly shows them her tongue making Jake chuckle. “Besides is it that wrong? It’s a reminder of a happy time… A time when you ran n--”

“Don’t finish that sentence for god’s sake,” Embry pleads loudly.

“I don’t think that it’s for god’s sake. I think you want me to shut up for your sake… Let me tell you I’m inclined to share it with the world. After all you’ve been naughty,” Jack tells him narrowing her eyes to Embry that grunts with annoyance.

“Could you continue this later? I’m hungry.” Jake picks a slice of the cake and eats it in one bite. Jack makes a disgusted sound as Paul and Quil exchanged looks. There was only one slice left and both of the boys wanted it.

“Kick his ass Quil,” Jack yells breaking Quil’s focus and Paul automatically grabbed the last slice. “I told you to kick his ass, not to lose.” Jack narrows her eyes to Quil that sighs in response.

“I’m hurt,” Paul mumbles once he finished eating it. “I never lose.”

“Does it l--”

“Let’s order pizza,” Jake says loudly interrupting Jack that was glaring.

“You eat too much,” Jack comments with a small smile on her lips.

“We just arrived from the patrol,” Jake informs her. He removes the cell phone from his left pocket and looks to Quil. “What should I order?”

“I don’t care as long as it’s big and no, it wasn’t what she said Jack,” Quil mumbles looking to Jack that simply sighs. Jake laughs and walks to the other division in order to make his phone call without interruptions.

“Anything interesting happened?” Jack moves her attention to Quil.

“I caught the scent of vampire.”

“Damian?” Jack, Embry and Paul ask at the same time. Quil laughs at it and shakes his head.

“Who then?” Jack inquires with curiosity.

“A female. She went on the Cullen’s direction so later Alice will tell us something,” Quil explains pulling a chair. “So as far as we know it isn’t related to what happened to Enza,” he adds with a tone of voice that resembled a whisper.

“You have to admit that it’s odd,” Paul comments looking to Quil. “I mean a leech--.”

“Vampire. Leeches are creepy and ugly,” Jack corrects him with frustration. “And Enza doesn’t do ugly. Sure, she will end up in a wheelchair for--”

“That’s hardly the point. Anyway it’s odd for a vampire to appear shortly after what happened with Damian,” Paul continues and Embry gently nods his head in agreement.

“I agree that the odds point to that but she didn’t help Damian. As far as we know he was doing everything alone,” Jake shares his opinion with them as he returns to the living room. “Even if she helped him or not, Alice will get a hold of the vampire and tell us more later on so we don’t need to think about it now.”

~*~

“I want to go for a walk,” Jack announces and the boys remove the eyes from the small screen to look at her. “Who’s coming? Oh, let me guess… Paul.” She snorts and Jake laughs loudly at her behavior. “Come alone doggie. Let’s not waste time…” She gets up the couch and starts walking to the door.

“You’re not going to argue with us?” Embry asks raising an eyebrow.

“Would it work?”

“Probably no,” Quil answers her with a grin.

“Then I won’t. See you guys in a moment.”

Even if it didn’t seem like it, it was all part of Jack’s plan to get back at them for ditching her with Paul several times during the week. She knew that as soon as she wanted to do something outside the house the boys would force Paul onto her. Since he was still her slave, everything would work as she wanted. She’d force him to help her on her payback and they would think twice next time they considered to ditch her.

She had everything figured out. She needed Paul to call Jared and they would have to make a stop on her house. Then she only had to wait for the perfect moment.

“Why are you smirking like that?” Paul asks her once they reach Embry’s car.

“I have a plan, a brilliant one let me add,” Jack tells him with a glint on her eyes. “And you’re helping me.”

“What do you need me to do?” Paul automatically says making Jack furrow her eyebrows with confusion.

“Hum… Aren’t you going to ask me what I’m planning… Or refuse to help me and then I’d have to remind you that you’re still my slave so you will--”

“Are you going to rant or tell me what do you need me to do?” Paul mumbles with a small smile, amused with her rant.

“I need you to call Jared,” Jack informs him. “He has to come here today and spend the night with us.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m saying so?” Jack stops walking and looks to Paul so he could fully see the extension of her smirk.

“Why do we need Jared? I’m more than capable--”

“You won’t be able to lift Embry alone and bring him outside…” Jack rolls her eyes and continues walking.

“Now I want to know what you are planning,” Paul says after a laugh.

“Well we are going to tie him and place him on the middle of the street. Oh, oh,” she mumbles with excitement jumping down the street. “We’re going to gag him too or he might just scream for help! Remind me of bringing the camera…” Jack tells him after a few loud laughs that earned her stares.

“Should I ask what did he do to you?”

“You know what he did. Don’t tell me that they magically stopped seeing me when I’m around you. Because you can’t believe that and if you do you must believe in Santa Claus too. And,” Jack pauses and looks to Paul with a serious face. “You have no innocent left to believe in Santa.”

“That hurt my feelings,” Paul pouts and Jack snorts, in a un-lady like manner.

“You have no feelings. And this has to wait,” Jack tells him as she inserts the key on the front door. “Go call Jared.”

As soon as Jack entered the house she felt that something was off. She couldn’t hear Balto or Bagheera noises. When she found a note in the middle of the table she relaxed a bit. One the note was written that the animals had been taken by Alice to the Cullen’s household to help Jack. She knew it wasn’t to help her per say. It was because Enza though she would forget about them, which probably wasn’t too far from the truth.

She runs to her bedroom to grab her camera and before leaving the house she picked a piece of rope and an old cloth from the cabinet near the stairs. She was placing everything inside her backpack when she heard a voice. It was a smooth and feminine voice that made all the little hairs on the back of her neck bristle.

“You don’t seem his type. A little young, so tell me where you met him,” the woman demanded as she slowly walked in Jack’s direction.

Jack was aware that the female in front of her wasn’t human. Not only because she was incredibly gorgeous but because of her eyes. She had heard the pack speaking about the red shade that vampires had in their eyes but nothing they said had prepared her for what she was seeing. The eyes resembled the color of blood and they weren’t glossy as most of the eyes. They shined, like gems. That combined with the smile that the female had make Jack want to run out of the door like her ass was on fire. She didn’t though because that would be stupid. First the vampire was way faster than her, second the animalistic instincts of the vampire could kick in and she would end up dead in a heartbeat and third Paul was just outside so soon he would come in a force the vampire to leave. She just needed to give him some time.

“Would you think I’m lying if I told you I have no idea what you’re speaking about? Because I really don’t have the slightest clue… You don’t happen to read minds? ‘Cause you’d see that I’m speaking the truth… Where is a mind reader when you need one? I--” Jack rants due the uneasiness she was feeling.

“Am I making you feel uncomfortable?” she asks with a wider smile and takes another step.

“Yes, you are. There’s no point in denying it.”

“Tell me did he promise that he would turn you? Did he tell you that he loved you?” She inquires trough her girthed teeth. “Did he tell you about me?”

“Hum, no promises of any kind. Or love declarations, for the matter… ” Jack mumbles walking backwards. “And I don’t know who you--”

“You’re lying. His scent has faded, but I know he was here. He is mine now, human.”

“Jack?!” Paul yells with a panicked tone of voice.

“Here!” Jack shouts and the vampire throws her against the wall. The last thing that Jack heard before blacking out was a growl.

“What is a wolf doing here,” She asks dogging Paul’s attacks. “A moonchild, so much like him…”

The vampire takes a last glance in Paul’s direction and leaps out of the window. Paul instead of following the vampire, like he knew he should, he turns his attention to Jack that was passed out on the ground. He could smell her blood and it made him grow with anger.

“I’m kill you for this,” he mumbles trough his gritted teeth once he returns to his human form. He walks to Jack and gently lifts her head. “Jack… Wake up love.” That made Jack groan lightly as she blinked several times.

“My head hurts,” she whispers as she moves her left hand to her head. “And my arm too…”

“Fuck. Let’s go to the hospital right away,” he tries to get up but Jack grabs his hand and closes her eyes.

“You can’t. You’re naked,” she states and grunts. “Why do we always end up like this?”

“Like what?”

“Like what? Do you really need to ask?” Jack asks with irritation. “With you naked above me while I’m hurt on the ground... Like that, Paul. I think I’ve must have done something terrible to deserve this fate--”

“Oh Jack. This isn’t the time,” Paul tells her with a small smile. “And my lack of sexual jokes confirms it. So let’s go to the hospital and we’ll speak about this later.”

“But I don’t want to go to the hospital,” Jack whines childishly.

“You don’t really have a choice.”

Jack tried to argue with Paul about taking her to the hospital for some time. She stubbornly remained in the ground with her eyes closed while he supported her head enumerating all the reasons why he shouldn’t take her to the hospital. She told him that Carlisle wouldn’t be there, that people would find odd the fact that she was hurt again and that she couldn’t really think of a good lie to justify. In the end Paul won. He called Embry and asked him to bring some clothes to Jack’s house.

When Embry answered Paul’s phone call he grew confused and embarrassed. The first and only thing that Paul told him was ‘Bring me some clothes to Jack’s house immediately’. He couldn’t help but to imagine that they had sex. He could even hear Jack groan in the background and that kind of severed as a confirmation.

“Why are you blushing?” Jake asks looking attentively to Embry.

“Paul is naked in Jack’s house. And I’ve heard some weird noises in the background made by Jack,” Embry answers and he feels his cheeks burn.

“Did he rape her?” Quil tills his head to the left side with a raised eyebrow.

“She’s his imprint.” Jake shakes his head lightly. “He would never harm her… So if they, hum, did it was on her free will.”

“But isn’t it odd?” Quil asks.

“Yeah. I wonder how he convinced her,” Embry mumbles. Then he suddenly widens his eyes and hides his face between his hands. “No, I don’t want to know!” He half yells as images start to fill his mind.

“What do you think that happened to his clothes?” Jake asks with amusement.

“With Paul one can’t ever know--” Quil tells Jake.

“I really need you two to stop talking about that. I have hideous images on my mind right now.”

“What kind of images?”

“I’m not telling.” Embry simply tells them when Quil asks again he narrows his eyes. “I’m not telling--” Embry’s words are interrupted by his phone that started vibrating. When he looks to the screen he sees he had received a text from Paul. ‘Where the fuck are you Embry? I need my clothes now! If you don’t get here in five minutes I’ll fucking kick your ass!’ “He wants clothes badly,” Embry mumbles and tosses the phone to Jake.

"Shouldn't sex make him feel more relaxed?"

Given the urgency that Paul had transmitted to Embry, Jake and Quil decided to accompany him to Jack’s house. Once they got there and opened the door what they saw didn’t correspond to what they were expecting. Paul had a yellow towel around his waist, a towel that was often seen in the kitchen table, and Jack was on the sofa with a cloth against her forehead.

“Where are the clothes?” Paul automatically asked with his eyes narrowed.

“What happened?” Jake inquired them while Embry handed Paul what he had asked for.

“Sex didn’t happen,” Quil blurts and automatically blushed. Embry also blushed and Paul glared. Jack stared cussing under her breath and Jake looked to Quil with a questioning look. “Not the time, I got the message.”

“A vampire came here,” Paul tells them still glaring. “She tossed Jack against the wall and ran when I shifted.”

“You didn’t chase her?” Jake asks with a surprised tone of voice.

“Should I have left Jack passed out on the ground bleeding to chase her?” Paul inquires threateningly as his body starts to tremble. “Would you’ve done that, Jacob?”

“Oh calm down,” Jack mumbles with annoyance. “If you shift you can’t take me to the hospital, right?” That made Paul’s body automatically relax.

“That was surprising,” Embry states with a small smile on her lips. “Nothing like a vampire attack to bring people together…”

“Yes.” Jack rolls her eyes. “Maybe because of this I and Paul are BFF’s now. We have plans of painting each other’s nails while we speak about cute boys. Or maybe, I didn’t want my house to get destroyed by to fat wolves.”

“I’m not fat,” Jake mumbles defensively.

“That’s hardly the point… We need to take her to the hospital,” Paul states sternly.

“Paul, could you please bring me the bag? I can’t forget it,” Jack asks with a calm tone of voice that intrigued all the boys, apart from Paul that knew what she was planning.

“It hasn’t changed?” Paul asks quizzically grabbing the backpack that was above the table nonetheless.

“I still need to change my clothes, don’t I?” Jack tells him with annoyance.

“But you have clothes in my house already.” Embry looks to Jack with confusion.

“I don’t have enough undergarments,” she says knowing that it would end the conversation. “Since you are becoming a pervert I assume you want to go through my bag?”

“Shouldn’t we take you to the hospital?” Embry mumbles with his cheeks red.

Jack’s injuries turned out to be minor. Her arm would take a couple more of days to heal and the cut on her head didn’t required stitches. Once the leave the hospital Embry, Paul and Jack to Embry’s house while Jake and Quil went to the Cullen’s and Claire’s house, respectively. Jake promised that he would call them once he and the Cullen’s discovered something about the vampire that attacked Jack.

When they arrive to Embry’s house, Jared and Kim where sitting in the porch waiting for them.

“I thought you wouldn’t try to run over Paul again,” Jared says with a small smile on his lips. “At least while your arm was broken.”

“Jared,” Kim scolds him with a stern tone of voice.

“You were right,” Jack tells him with a small smirk on her lips. “I wouldn’t try to run him over while my arm is like this.”

“What happened then?”

“She was attacked moron. So stop with the fucking jokes,” Paul answers with an angry tone of voice. Jared’s small smile disappears and he looks to Jack with a worried expression.

“You’re rather irritable today,” Jack comments following Embry inside his house.

“I’m sorry Jack.” Jared sadly smiles.

“You didn’t know,” Jack tells him and sighs. “I’m getting a bit tired of this though.”

“It’s understandable. It’s the second time you got hurt this month,” Kim says with a compassionated expression on her face.

“That sucks too, but I was talking about how Paul always ends up naked. I swear I saw enough of Paul for a lifetime. The damned freckle--”

“Jack,” Embry half yells with a pink blush on his cheeks.

“You like my freckle. You aren’t fooling me with those words,” Paul informs her with a small smirk on his lips.

“Since I don’t want Embry to kick me out, I won’t comment.”

~*~

“Are you sure we should be doing this?” Jared whispers looking to Jack. They were standing in the living room watching Embry’s sleeping figure.

“For the last time Jared, yes I’m sure.”

“Won’t he be mad?” Kim asks with a slightly scared expression.

“He deserved it,” Jack says sternly.

“He took a lot of time to get to Jack’s house because he thought that we we’re having sex,” Paul adds. “If her injuries were worse something bad could have happened Jared.”

“Okay, okay,” Jared sighs and moves his attention to Kim. “Stay here in case he shifts.”

“He’s a heavy sleeper,” Jack informs them with a smirk. “Most of the times at least.”

“I still think that this is a bad idea but I won’t stop it and I’m not staying here either. Someone has to be sure that you don’t end up doing something foolish,” Kim tells them with a serious expression.

“You mean more foolish than gagging a tied shifter in their undergarments and dropping him in the middle of the street?” Jack asks with an amused expression.

“You are terrible Jacqueline.”

“Thank you.” Jack does a small curtsey that made Kim and Paul smile. Jared in the other hand had to cover his mouth so his laughs didn’t wake Embry and Quil.

“So how are we doing this?” Paul asks.

They decided that they should tie Embry’s hands and feet’s first. That revealed to be hard task since Embry often moved around. Fearing that insisting in tying him would make him wake up, they decide to move him to the street and then tie him.

Thirty minutes later Embry was outside in the middle of the street supported my Jared and Paul. While the held him Jack and Kim gagged him and tied his feet together.

“Wait,” Jack says once Kim started moving the rope to Embry’s hands.

“What now?”

“It misses something.” Jack smiles and moves her hands to her bra clasp. She turns around and removes her bra without taking her clothes off.

“What… What are you doing?” Kim questions her with a tone of voice that showed her panic and discomfort.

“It’s a lesson for his pervertness,” Jack answers as she starts to put the bra in Embry’s body.

“That’s a really nice bra,” Paul comments with a small smirk on his lips.

“I’ll gladly tell you where I bought it so you can have your very own.” Paul automatically tries to explain what he meant but Jack doesn’t allow him. “Don’t worry Paul. It will be our secret. None of the girls will know that you like to wear female undergarments in your free time.”

“You’re terrible,” Paul sternly says.

“I know. I was there when Kim informed me,” Jack mumbles with a smirk on her lips. “You didn’t have to tell me again. I had listened the first time. Thanks anyway. “Kim and Jared look to each other and bite their mouths so the laughs don’t escape their lips. “But it’s done. Let us tie his arms and go to sleep.”

“I think that we should tie his arms to that tree.” Jared tilts his head to the left signaling the tree.

“I like the way you think.” Jack smiles deviously.

Once they finished everything they start walking to Embry’s house but as soon as they were in the middle of the way they heard a loud howl.

“I think you’re in troubles,” Kim tells Jack with nervousness. As soon as she stopped speaking Embry appeared in is wolf for growling.

“You’re not doing anything Embry,” Paul mutters narrowing his eyes to Embry. “Stop growling.”

“You deserved it dear,” Jack says with a smirk on her lips ignoring Paul. Embry growls once again and Jack sighs loudly. “I assume that you must be wondering if I feel bad for tying you up in a tree… Well, I could be better. For instance if you hadn’t woken up and someone found you like that…” Jack laughs loudly and turns her back to the wolf. “That would have been priceless…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is love <3

Image