Wild Things.

The Decision

“Enza!” Jack yells and rushes to her cousin that was still in Marcus arms. “Enza this isn’t the time to sleep,” she mumbles shaking Enza’s arm lightly. “You can’t just black out on me. I need you right now. Those two can star fighting again and Paul is going to be naked. You have to protect me from his freckle—” Jack rants with a panicked tone of voice not letting go of Enza’s arm.

“Calm down child,” Aro tells her as he continues to observe her with interest.

“Allow me to hold her Marcus.” Carlisle extends his arms and walks closer.

“She’s fine here Carlisle. I won’t harm her, you have my word,” Marcus says caressing Enza’s hair lightly which made Carlisle narrow his eyes.

“And you know I don’t deal well with this kind of stuff Enza. It’s a violation of my mind and the image never goes away. It’s like when you tell me that you got freaky with V-man, and I never want to know what you did with V-man. It always makes me think I’ll never have sex again,” Jack continues her rant ignoring everything and everyone around her. Paul slowly walks in her direction preoccupied and once he reaches her he gently nudges her with his head. “I promise that I won’t make jokes for a day. I only say a day because I don’t like to lie and you know it’s kind of impossible for me stop joking about you and V-man—”

“She is strange,” Jane comments looking to Alec who simply nodded his head once in agreement. “I don’t know what she thinks she will accomplish by saying those things.”

“I find it entertaining,” Felix says with a small smile on his lips. “Even if I don’t understand most of it, however, the sex part—”

“This is hardly the time to think about sex, Felix,” Demetri interjects with a calm tone of voice.

“I’m a doctor,” Carlisle points out with a harsher tone of voice. “I’m the most qualified person to help Enza.”

“She isn’t injured. Staying in your arms or in mine won’t make a difference to her condition,” Marcus states without removing his eyes from Enza.

“What do they mean by sex daddy?” Renesmee asks looking to Edward that sighs in response.

“Nothing that little girls should know,” he responds making Renesmee tilt her head to the side and pull his hand twice. “We’ll speak of this later when Enza is better, okay?”

“Okay daddy.”

“And the plot thickens,” Felix mumbles after a laugh.

“This is the most animated I have seen you Felix.” Alec comments looking at him as he still had a smile upon his features.

“Enza, please open your eyes,” Jack half yells with desperation. Aro places his hand over her shoulder making her look to him.

“Cadenza will be fine Jack,” he tells her lightly making Paul growl. All the guard members assumed offensive positions and Aro raise his hand to prevent a fight. “I give you my word that I won’t harm Jack.”

“It all comes down to what you consider harming,” Edward comments looking to Aro. He moves his attention to the shifter that was still growling lightly. “He doesn’t plan to do anything that would hurt Jack, in this instance. He just wants to calm her. Of course, Paul.” He looks to Aro again and begins speaking. “He needs clothes to shift to his human form.”

“See! A mind reader always comes in hand! And,” Jack opens her mouth slightly and starts laughing. “Enza, Enza wake up. You have to witness this moment! It’s a glorious moment and you can’t miss it by being blacked out in Marcus arms. V-man isn’t happy either, I think that he’s going to throw his ‘don’t harm anyone’ policy through the window and start a fight.” Felix starts to laugh loudly with makes Jack snap out of her rant. She looks to his direction and sees Paul leaving the room with a vampire. “Oh, Enza. You missed it! Paul won’t be naked over me and you’re not conscience to see it—”

“Maybe when she fell into your arms she got hurt,” Carlisle comments choosing to ignore Jack’s rant.

“I was very gentle Carlisle.”

“This has nothing to do with—”

“It’s enough isn’t it? You can’t go all macho and fight for Enza while she’s passed out. If she isn’t awake I can’t make jokes! And what's the point of hearing this if I can't make jokes?” Jack looks to Aro that was still by her side. “Head hancho can’t you make them stop?”

“She is right,” Aro says looking to Marcus briefly before moving his attention to Carlisle that had his hands closed into fists. “This isn’t the time to fight. Perhaps you and Marcus could take Enza to one of the rooms—”

“I fail to see why Marcus’ presence is necessary Aro,” Carlisle declares with a stern tone of voice. “I’m the doctor here.”

“Marcus is concerned so I won’t prevent him from seeing her. And must I remind you that you are in Volterra Carlisle?” Aro asks with a sterner tone of voice that made Carlisle sigh. “Afton could you show Carlisle the way.” He extends his hand to the door and Afton starts walking begging followed by Carlisle and Marcus. Jack was about to follow them when Aro gently restrained her by placing a hand over her shoulder.

“Oh?” Jack moves her eyes to Edward to see if she was in imminent danger and he simply shakes his head.

“I simply wish to speak with you child,” Aro informs her trying to answer the questions she had on her mind.

“You know everything already so it’s a bit pointless. Like it was pointless to say this,” she mumbles making Aro smile and Felix chuckle. Demetri quickly hits his arm making him groan.

“You always blabber when you are nervous, Jack.” Aro removes the hand from her shoulder since it made her feel even more uncomfortable. “There is no need—”

“Why do you call me Jack?” Jack suddenly asks.

“You prefer to be addressed by Jack,” Aro states felling a bit confused her question.

“Yes, I know that and you know that. But vampires are stubborn. I mean I’m still trying to convince Alice to calm me Jack and she’s known me longer than you. The others also have a hard time understanding that I prefer being called Jack…” Jack smiles and squints her eyes lightly when a thought crosses her mind. “Was I right? Are you older than Carlisle?”

“Yes.”

“Oh!” She claps her hands excitedly and Edward sighs loudly. “Did you meet any Vikings? Is it true what they wore helmets with horns? What about Jesus?”

“Jack,” Paul calls her once he enters the room narrowing his eyes to Aro. “Do you think that this is the time to speak about Jesus?”

“The power of Christ was compelling me to ask that.” He approaches Jack and Aro and once he is close enough he pulls her torso against his. “Hey,” Jack complains trying to be freed from his embrace. “No touching!” she mumbles slapping his hands that were pressed against her stomach.

“I'm so happy to see you are fine,” he whispers in her ear tenderly. “I just want to make sure you are unharmed.”

“You can do that without touching!” Jack wriggles her body and continues to slap his arms. “I swear I’m going to bite you. Well, I’m not because I might cause a disease—”

“You should let her go,” Felix tells Paul narrowing his eyes. He saw this as an excuse to fight with the shifter again and he wanted to finish what he had previously started.

“And you should shut up,” Emmett says cockily. He too wanted to fight the large vampire since he believed that it would be great experience.

“Be quiet Emmett,” Rosalie scolds Emmett that sighs in response making Felix laugh. In response Emmett glared.

“So intriguing,” Aro comments as he observes the scene. “May I see your hand?” he asks Paul.

“A leech isn’t going to touch me,” Paul spats. His annoyance made him tighten the grip against Jack’s waist who yelped. “I’m sorry Jack!”

“Just let go of me Paul!” Paul sighs and releases her. Once she was free from his embrace she turns her body till she was facing him and narrows her eyes. “No touching.” She mumbles poking his chest.

“I’m sure it wouldn’t work out that way Aro,” Edward states making Aro sigh. “Yes, that’s one of the issues and as I told you they are free.”

“What’s going on?” Jack asks looking first to Edward, then to Aro.

“Nothing.” Edward looks to Aro and continues speaking. “You should forget that idea of yours, Aro. They won’t be turned against their will.”

“There are rules that must be respected,” Aro declares looking to Paul. “I understand the nature of your relation with Jack—”

“The nature of my relation? What relation?” Jack snorts in a un-lady like manner making Felix laugh. “Well we have a relation, a master/slave relation but it didn’t seem that you were speaking about that."

“This isn’t the time Jack,” Paul comments after a sigh. He turns his attention to Aro and narrows his eyes and clenching his fists. “She won’t be turned. She will be protected from your kind—”

“I tell you that there are rules that have to be respected,” Aro says calmly interrupting Paul. Paul was trembling and Jack was caressing his arm trying to calm him, which wasn’t working out. “But it’s something to discuss later.” He looks to Jack and smiles briefly. “I’m afraid that our conversation will have to wait. I’ve kept you here long enough. You can go see if there’s an improvement in your cousin’s state, young friend.”

“Thank you. If we forget all the turning Enza and I into vampires, you’re very reasonable.” Jack says with a small smile.

“Would it be so terrible to be a vampire? To be immune to diseases, to have time to learn everything and travel the world and, of course, to have the opportunity to avenge your honor…” Aro asks Jack. The last part of her speech made her eyes widen and her mouth open but after a few seconds she simply smiled and shook her head.

“It would make things worse Aro, you seen Enza attacked because of something similar,” she simply tells him.

“What’s this about?” Paul asks with annoyance disliking deeply the fact that a vampire knew something about Jack that he didn’t.

“None of your damn business Paul,” Jack harshly tells him.

“Of course it’s my business! You’re such a hard headed woman!” Paul half yells shaking Jack by the arms. “You shouldn’t hide things from me--”

“Should I be the one to point out that you are hiding something as well?” Aro asks with a sly smile. Paul automatically drops his hands from Jack’s arms and turns his body to Aro. He starts trembling and Jack slaps his arm to make him snap out.

“You can’t shift now. We’re going to see Enza,” she states with her eyes narrowed. “And I appreciate your words Aro but I really don’t want confirmation that he slept with everyone in La Push,” she says assuming that it was what Aro had mentioned previously. “I’m disgusted already so I don’t need any more details… ”

“Weren’t we going to see Enza?” Paul asks pulling her away.

Paul had been sure that nothing good would come out from their visit to the Volturi but he had never imagined that they would want to turn Jack in one of them. He was aware that it had been rather naïve of him but he had thought that his presence would suffice to prevent it from happening. But now he wasn’t so sure. After Jack’s unintentional stunt the odds of them leaving Volterra in good terms were slim.

He glances in Jack’s direction that was speaking with Edward about Enza, worried about the possibility that her cousin would still be passed out. He looks to her from her toes to the tips of her head trying to see if something had changed in her. He was worried with what she had done. Not only because it had spiked the interest of the Volturi in her but because it wasn’t something had she done before. So something must have changed.

He was also preoccupied with something else. What did Aro meant by ‘avenge your honor’? Did someone hurt Jack recently? But if that was so, he would certainly know. So if it didn’t happen recently it was something on her past. Something that she wouldn’t tell him…

“Can you tell me again why you are here, Marcus?” Carlisle voice echoes through the empty hall.

“She intrigues me Carlisle,” Marcus answers.

“We are dating,” Carlisle announces with a harsh tone of voice that had a slight possessive edge to it.

“Good for you V-man,” Jack tells him entering the room. “You should pee on her feet to mark you territory. It does wonders with dogs…”

“Jacqueline,” Carlisle mumbles slightly embarrassed, Emmett chuckles and Rosalie hits his arm.

“How’s Enza?”

“She will wake up soon, I’m sure,” Marcus tells her.

“Must I remind you that I’m the doctor here?” Carlisle inquires with annoyance.

“Is your prognostic different?” Marcus questions him raising an eyebrow.

“No…”

“Don’t pay attention to him Mark.” Jack walks to the bed where Enza was laid and sits. She grabs Enza hand and gently caresses it with her thumb.

“It’s Marcus, not Mark,” Marcus corrects her.

“Tomato-Tahmato.” Paul smiles at her antics and sits next to her. “So you’ve been here arguing with each other about Enza all this time?” Jack asks without removing her eyes from her cousin.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Carlisle tells her with discomfort.

“I wouldn’t either. Carlisle was arguing alone,” Marcus comments.

“I was simply inquiring what your interest in Enza is--”

“Careful V-man,” Jack says interrupting him with a smirk on her lips. “That makes you look like Enza’s father and do we really have to add incest to everything? We already have pedophilia, n—”

“Jack?” Enza mumbles with a rough voice. “Ti sei fatto male? Paul è fatto male? E dov'è Carlisle?”

“We’re all fine,” Carlisle answers and picks Enza’s hand.

“I’m so glad you’re awake. And, you aren’t going to believe this but something good actually happened. Paul didn’t end up naked above me! V-man and you’re friend over there ar--” Jack rants with a wide smile on her lips.

“Ahem,” Carlisle mumbles narrowing his eyes slightly to Jack. “We shouldn’t tire her.”

“She’ll know anyway,” Jack mumbles deviously.

“Hum? Che cosa stai parlando Jack?” Enza asks looking first to Jack then to Carlisle.

“How endearing V-man is. Especially when he is jeal--”

“How are you feeling?” Carlisle questions Enza interrupting Jack that laughed.

“My head hurts. What happened exactly?” Enza gently gets up from the bed with Carlisle’s help. Once she was up Carlisle glanced in Marcus direction and smirked.

“Oh, there he goes again!” Jack claps her hands together and Enza looks to her with a confused look.

“I think the stress of being here is affecting her personality,” Carlisle comments with a light tone of voice.

“Is that your opinion as a professional doctor?” Jack asks with a smirk on her lips.

“I don’t know if I should ask what is going on or thank someone for not knowing,” Enza tells them with a small smile on her lips. “Jack I know you enjoy pestering Carlisle but this isn’t the time for that.”

“I wonder if you’ll say the same once you know how he was acting.” Jack frowns and crosses her arms over her chest.

They spent an hour inside the room. Half of the time was spent questioning Enza about what had happened to her. Enza explained all that she felt but Carlisle didn’t know what to make of it. He had never heard of something like Enza had described and he feared that she was ill.

The other half of the time was spent by filling in Enza on what had happened while she was passed out. Jack tried her best to tell her everything word by word but was often interrupted by the others. They claimed that most of the things she said weren’t relevant and she strongly disagreed with them.

“Aro wishes to speak with you, master,” A vampire announces looking to Marcus.

“Of course. I’ll return shortly,” Marcus tells looking to Enza with a small smile on his lips.

“Don’t bother,” Carlisle mutters trough his gritted teeth.

“That was what I was trying to tell you Enza,” Jack says with an excited tone of voice. “V-man is--”

“Standing right here,” Carlisle states interrupting Jack. She narrows her eyes to him and Enza laughs lightly.

“We should discuss what we are going to do now that we don’t have that vampire here,” Paul states looking to Carlisle.

“Aro’s mind is set in turning them,” Edward informs them. “He’s intrigued by them and will change his mind about killing them right away. But I’m sure he’ll do whatever he can to turn them.”

“There must be a way to prevent it,” Carlisle calmly states.

“They haven’t decided anything yet,” Alice tells them lightly. “However Edward is right, they will turn--”

“Jack won’t be turned!” Paul half yells.

“Must I remind you that we are dealing with the Volturi? They don’t take no for an answer,” Alice tells him with a stern expression.

“I’ll kill them if they touch Jack,” Paul spats with anger and his body starts to tremble. “I rather die than see her turn in one of those--”

“That’s offensive and considering that you’re speaking with vampires you should choose your words more carefully,” Edward comments interrupting Paul.

“You know what I meant!” Paul says with a harsh tone of voice. “And there is a big difference between you and them.”

“Shut up dog,” Rosalie demands with anger. “Isn’t enough that we have to deal with the Volturi again because of humans?”

“Don’t be like that blondie, I know you like us,” Jack mumbles with a small smile.

“Shouldn’t we focus on the task at hand and discuss that later?” Enza questions Paul that sighed in response.

“We should. Does anyone have an idea?” Paul asks looking to the vampires inside of the room.

"We could fight," Emmett suggests with a smirk which made Rosalie glare.

“This is your entire fault V-man!” Jack mumbles hiding her face in the middle of her hands. Enza gently caresses her back trying to calm her.

“We will be fine Jack. I promise you,” Enza mumbles gently.

“Of course, we will protect you,” Carlisle adds with a smile. “No one is harming either of you.”

“We have no intentions of harming anyone,” Marcus says opening the door of the room.

“As I said to Aro, it’s all in what you consider harming. Isn’t it?” Edward asks coolly.

“I came here to call you not to discuss that,” Marcus states. “How are you feeling Enza?”

“I’m fine. Thank you Marcus,” Enza tells him with a small smile.

“Let’s meet Aro then. We have reached a conclusion.”

They walk in silence down the halls. Jack, Enza and Paul wanted to question Edward about the conclusion that the Volturi had reached concerning Jack and Enza’s mortality. However, they were aware that questioning him in front of Marcus could lead to complications. Since he wasn’t arguing with Marcus or warning them about what was going to happen inside of the chamber they remained silent. If something terrible were to happen Edward and Alice would certainty tell them, if they were silent then they shouldn’t be in imminent danger.

Once they reach the chamber where Aro was Marcus walks to him, and sits on the chair next to Aro’s.

“Kill the suspense,” Jack mumbles after a while. Aro smiles lightly and gets up from the chair.

“I apologize,” He tells them. “It wasn’t my intention to increase your nervousness.”

“So, what’s the conclusion?” Enza asks with a preoccupied tone of voice.

“They won’t be turned?” Paul inquires.

“There wasn’t a doubt about that. They will be turned but after my conversation with Marcus I realize that Enza and Jack have unfinished business in the human world. Once they resolve them they shall be turned,” Aro declares.

“But what if they don’t want to be turned?” Carlisle asks with a defiant tone of voice. “They must have the right to choose.”

“Carlisle you are aware of the rules. We cannot allow humans to know about or existence. Cadenza and Jack know too much and it would pain me if I had to kill them. They will accept our offer,” Aro tells him with a stern tone of voice and a serious expression.

“And turning them isn’t killing them?” Paul spats with rage.

“Calm down Paul.” Jack pinches his arm to regain his attention. “Remember what happened the other time you lost control and let’s no ruin my luck ‘cause I’m sure that this time you’d end up naked above me--”

“I’m offering them the greatest gift.”

“I disagree,” Paul says with vehemence.

“Can we go now?” Carlisle inquires calmly trying to end Paul’s and Aro’s exchange of words.

“Not so fast, old friend. I will send two of my guard members to aid you in the coming battle.”

“We don’t need--”

“Vivian Du Luc is a resourceful opponent. This is not only a courtesy given our friendship,” Aro says interrupting Paul. “We also have our issues with her and they must be resolved.”

“Not to look a gift in the horse’s mouth but what changed your mind? I mean a while ago was turn or die,” Jack says feeling unable to remain silent longer.

“You really have the odd habit of saying everything that goes through your mind,” Caius comments coldly. “In some places that would grant you a painful death.”

“Is that a threat?” Paul asked placing his body in front of Jack.

“Just an observation. I want to be sure that the humans are worth the trouble.”

“Caius, please. Don’t say those things to our guests.” Aro looks to him with disapprovingly.

“Didn’t you just do the same?” Jack inquires looking to Caius. Since Paul was still in front of her, and she understood she was in danger, she simply stretched her head to till it passed Paul’s arm.

“Fair enough,” Caius mumbles with no expression.

“To answer your question Jack, we have no wish of starting a fight. You and your cousin will be a great addiction to the vampire community, so we shouldn’t start with the wrong feet,” Aro says. He looks to Felix and Jane and smiles lightly. “You will be the first to accompany our young friends.”

“Great. I like those humans,” Felix says with a smirk. “They are entertaining.”

“Just keep your distance," Paul says looking to Felix.

“I assure you that they won’t harm them, Paul,” Aro states. “Your friend isn’t in danger.”

“Until next time Cadenza,” Marcus gets up from his chair and quickly goes to her side. He gently picks her hands and squeezes them before kissing the knuckles lightly.

“Yes.” Enza smiles lightly. “In better circumstances I hope.” Marcus laughs and nods his head in approval.

“Hum, goodbye horde of vampires,” Jack suddenly says making Enza look to her with a curious expression. “What? You were making me feel rude,” she tells defensively.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is appreciated :3

Image