Wild Things.

Taking A Break is Not Breaking Up.

Enza sighed, it was only lunch time and she had the most massive headache. The week had been hectic, with the whole Vivian situation and avoiding talking with Felix and Carlisle. Also there had been fixing up the house after what Paul and Vivian had done to it. At that moment, Enza had been more than happy about making Paul stay with her that night. This morning before leaving for work, Jane had told her that Felix was still confused about what had happened, not more so about the kiss just with almost feeding from her and the loss of his strength.

She needed to talk to him about that. She would also need to go and see Carlisle to tell him about the kiss. This was all just getting too complicated for her at the moment. But spending time with Leah the other night had been a huge stress reliever. Just talking about old times and laughing about the fun and trouble they’d gotten themselves into it. It had been simpler times.

By the end of the school day Enza found that her headache had slowly dissolved but it was still there. It was now five o’ clock and she was still catching up on some grading and lesson plan material for the next two weeks. When all her students had been dismissed she’d call Paul to check up on Jack who’d stayed home from school to finish up with some last minute cleaning.

“Cadenza…” It was a low whisper that she’d just barely heard. Looking over to the entrance she gave a small inviting smile to Felix as he was soon standing in front of her desk.

“Eager to finally talk?” Enza mumbled light heartily as he just stared at her.

“Why exactly did you kiss me?” He asked still analyzing her under his gaze.

“Straight shooter,” She chuckled. “I wanted to see if I regretted because I am with Carlisle.”

“I am not so sure those were your reasons but did you?” Felix asked leaning against a table watching her.

“No, but I felt—feel guilty.”

“It’s only cheating if you get caught.” Enza shook her head with a short laugh as he winked.

“You’re a vampire with vampire morals. I am a human with human morals.” Enza stated putting her pen down as he walked to her desk and leaned forward only a few inches from her face.

“Are you sure about that? There is something about you that doesn’t exactly seem to be human, but more…supernatural.” He pointed out as she smirked. Felix loved that she could look him in the eyes and not be discouraged to look away like even some vampires would. He saw why Marcus found her so intriguing, because she was.

“I am a hundred percent human, almost dying a few times can prove that.” Enza challenged as he smirked.

“Why are you not intimated by me? You even had the gusto to outright boldly kiss me for your own experiment.” Felix stated as Enza when to say something.

“Excuse me?” Someone stated after clearing their throat as Felix and Enza didn’t move, not even embarrassed of how close their faces still were or what the person may have heard. “Cadenza?” She looked over to see Carlisle staring at her and Felix.

“Carlisle,” Felix stated standing straight up as Carlisle was glaring at him. Felix looked over at Enza with a smirk. “We will finish this conversation later.” He stated as she narrowed her gaze at him as he chuckled briefly.

“Don’t be so sure about that.” Enza stated as he winked at her before suddenly disappearing. Enza looked over to the door to see that Carlisle was just staring at with hard eyes. “How much of that did you hear?” Enza asked looking back down at her work.

“Enough.” He stated his voice hard as Enza nodded still not looking back up at him.

“Then I don’t need to repeat it.” She stated as he was now standing behind her.

“I want to hear you say it.” He stated as she stood up and met his eyes. They were unrelenting as he looked at her.

“I kissed him, I kissed Felix.” Enza breathed waiting for Carlisle to say something or yell at her for betraying his trust in her.

“Okay,” Carlisle sighed as Enza blinked looking at him.

“Just okay?” He looked at her for a minute then nodded.

“This has been a lot for you to handle the last few months.” Enza nodded blinking as Carlisle continued. “We’ve been moving at a fast pace, and I feel that it would be best if we put this on pause until you feel comfortable.” Carlisle stated rubbing her shoulders with his hands as they continued to look into each other’s eyes.

“So you are breaking up with me?” Enza asked slowly not looking away from him.

“No, I am giving you time to think about what you want. I do have strong feelings for you, I wouldn’t be with you if I didn’t. But I am not human and I know that my marriage to Esme puts you off because of how long we were together.” Enza looked away from him momentarily as he placed his fingers to her chin and brought her to looking at him once more. “I do love Esme because we were together for so long, but the final years of us we were more friends than anything.” Enza felt like she wanted to cry but she wouldn’t do it in front of him.

“What if I decide doesn’t include—”

“It is your decision Cadenza, I know how I feel for you. I want to know how you feel for me…and when you finally decide, no matter what you decide I will be more than supportive of that decision.” Enza closed her eyes and inhaled as she felt his lips on her forehead. When she opened her eyes he was gone.

Enza felt her knees go weak as she sat back down at her desk. Her hands were shaking violently and she really didn’t understand why. Finally calming herself down she picked up her cell phone and called Leah to ask if she would come over to the house before she went on patrol.

Enza walked into the house surprised to see it looking almost completely back to normal. Well except for the broken lamp, coffee table and few knickknacks that were outside in the garbage can. Setting all her things down Enza listened to the murmur of voices coming from the kitchen and wondered why it sounded like a party in there.

“WOW, Mi piace come mi è stato notificato questa shindig.” Enza stated looking at the horde of people in her kitchen with her hands on her hips. (I love how I was notified of this shindig.) They all looked at her and three in particular smiled and walked over to her.

“Damn sweet cheeks, we thought you were going to pull an all nighter at that job of yours.” Henry stated hugging her.

“What? No way, I would have been home way sooner had I know you guys were coming up for a visit.” Enza laughed as she then hugged Yvette then Sasha. Enza looked over to Jack and the boys. “Chester, Dave, and Ryan, always a pleasure.” She winked at them as they laughed and said hello. “Jack, where is Paul, Jane and Felix?”

“Paul had to work, Felix has been MIA for like three hours and Jane is over at the Cullen’s .”

“Paul’s been staying here?” Ryan asked with a raised brow to Jack as she shrugged it off.

“He ruined the house and had to help fix it up.” Jack stated dismissively as Henry looked at Enza.

“Who are Jane and Felix?”

“Some friends of Carlisle’s who are visiting from Italy. For the duration of their stay, they are here.” Enza stated as they nodded and a knock at the front door was heard then the sound of it opening and closing.

“Whore! What do you need? I have about fifteen minutes before I need—Sasha, Henry, Yvette, and Jack’s friends, I am sorry I didn’t know that you guys were here.” Leah bit her tongue fixing the shirt she’d just thrown on and glared at Enza briefly.

“Why are you barely dressed? There is snow outside.” Sasha stated looking at Leah as Enza cut in before she could answer.

“Hey, I didn’t know they were here either, but um follow me.” Enza stated as Leah nodded knowing that Enza had called her over for a particular reason. “If you guys would excuse us, I need to talk to Leah about something quickly. We will be back.” Enza stated as she placed her hair behind her ear then turned around and began to head to her bedroom.

“What happened? What’s wrong?” Leah asked as she closed the door.

“Carlisle and I are taking a break…” Leah looked at her as she was sitting on her bed.

“Well…um, whose decision was that?” She asked as Enza leaned against her dresser.

“His, he says he’s giving me time to figure out how I feel. He thinks that I need to take time and sort through my emotions.” Enza stated as Leah sighed.

“Are you going to be alright?” Leah didn’t know what else to ask or even say.

I think so, with everything that is or was going on. The whole Damian and Vivian thing, the Volturi wanting to change us, and just being in love with Carlisle. I just wish this wasn’t so complicated and muddled and just—ugh.” Enza stated groaning.

“So you are in love with him?”

“I didn’t say that.” Leah laughed while nodding her head.

“Yes you did, is that why you are so confused or whatever you are?”

“I am not in love, it’s just complicated Leah. He is a vampire! A freaking real living vampire! How can what I feel about Carlisle not be complicated? He was in a relationship with Esme for centuries and all the sudden he knows how he feels about me? We only met a few months ago!”

“Remember what I told you?” Enza nodded. “Well Cadenza, love is love. It knows no boundaries and time does not matter. You love him, but like you said it’s complicated and confusing and so many other things because of the situation you are in but love is love and when you admit that to yourself some things will be less complicated, but just because you admit that you’re in love doesn’t mean that you have to stop fighting for it, just that you have to fight that much harder for it.”

“Ugh, this is just ugh.” Enza threw her head back with a groan.

“Yeah, I think I understand ugh completely.” Leah stated with a laugh as Enza rolled her eyes with a smile.

“Thanks for listening I really appreciated it.” Enza smiled as Leah nodded and stood up walking over to her.

“I am always here to listen to your problems and help you from going to the psych ward.” Leah stated as she grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. Enza laughed and pulled Leah into a hug. Pulling away Enza and Leah heard Henry yelling her name.

“CADENZA! Get your fine Italian ass down these steps right now!” Enza opened her eyes wide as she looked at Leah before leaving her there and running down the stairs.

“What? I said that I needed a moment.” Enza asked catching her breath after almost tripping down the stairs.

“Jack won’t tell me what happened to your neck, I seen the scar, and now that I am looking at you I see the other scar under your eye, what happened?” He asked as Enza blinked not knowing what to say.

“She was attacked by an animal.” Leah stated as they all looked at her.

“When?” Yvette asked with wide eyes.

“Why weren’t we told this?” Sasha asked.

“It was a while back and I didn’t want to worry anyone, as you can see I am doing fine.” Enza stated as she smiled.

“You were attacked by an animal! How are you alright? Honey child there is no way that you are alright!” Henry breathed as Jack and the others laughed. “Can I see the scar?” Henry asked as Enza brushed her hair to the side allowing them to see her scar.

“That’s because she had Carlisle to take care of her.” Jack winked at Leah who just laughed before walking over to the door.

“As much as I would love to stay for all the craziness that is going to ensue, I must head off to…work.” Leah stated as she opened the front door to reveal Felix and Jane. “Well now I really wish that I could stay.” Leah laughed before walking out the door as Felix and Jane walked in. Both Enza and Jack took notice that their eyes were not a glowing red but a dark almost brown color.

“Jane! Felix! Just in time to meet our crazy Vegas friends!” Jack stated happily as Jane looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh sweet honeysuckle Jesus! Why does the good Lord like to torture me?” Henry asked as everyone looked at him and laughed.

“Henry, I am telling Joshua!” Yvette laughed as he pushed her into Sasha who pushed her back to Henry.

“Honey, if the grass is green,” Sasha looked at Felix, then to Henry with a devilish smirk. “Play ball.” Henry and Sasha high fived over Yvette who just shook her head and rolled her eyes as Chester, Jack, and Ryan lost it while it took Dave a minute to understand.

“I like the way you think.” Felix stated as he walked over to Sasha who laughed.

“Oh, honey you are barking up the wrong tree.” Sasha stated as he looked at her. “You should try the one next to me.”

“Oh, someone is already barking up her tree.” Jack stated as she laughed and Yvette looked over at her wide eyed.

“Jacqueline!” Yvette yelled as everyone laughed.

“Anyways, Jane, Felix that is Sasha, Yvette, and Henry. Then over in Jack’s circle of groupies, you have Chester, Dave and Ryan.” Enza introduced as each one of them gave a wave as their name was said.

“Jane is the diabolical fun one, Felix is the psycho pervert.” Jack stated as Felix looked at her with a raised eyebrow and smirk.

“Psycho? When I have I shown psycho tendencies?” Felix asked as Jack shrugged.

“When haven’t you? Like when we we’re playing UNO earlier and you and Jane made that bet. Who does that?” Jack asked him as he then shrugged.

“It’s called having fun not being psycho.”

“Well your definition of fun and mine are polar opposites.” Jack stated as everyone wanted to know what the bet was but didn’t ask.

“Oh, Enza, Alice is having a celebratory dinner tomorrow for well, you know.” Jane stated her eyes briefly looking at the humans. Enza shook her head with a laugh.

“That girl just wants any excuse to throw a party. I guess I should let her know that there are six extra people here.” Enza pulled out her phone but Jane just waved it off.

“She most likely already planned for them.” Jane stated as the six looked at each other.

“Okay, enough already with the cryptic talking and dancing around something we are obviously not allowed to know about.” Chester stated as the others agreed.

“I am famished, can we get something to eat?” Henry asked placing a hand over his stomach.

“You just ate Henry, you better be careful or you’ll lose that girlish figure of yours.” Yvette laughed as he scoffed at her.

“Sugar this figure is going nowhere, me and Joshua hit the gym every other day!”

“Who is Joshua?” Jane found herself asking.

“Joshua is Henry’s boyfriend.” Sasha stated as Jane looked at Henry.

“You have sex with men?” Jane blurted out shocking herself as Henry laughed as he nodded.

“Why do I feel like you have never even heard about homosexuals?” Yvette chuckled placing a hand on her shoulder briefly.

“She is sheltered over there in Volterra.” Enza chuckled.

“Sasha has sex with women.” Jack winked at Jane as she looked over at Sasha then over to Jack’s friend.

“Oh this lesbian is in a dry spell.” Sasha laughed as Jack scrunched her face up.

“TM-freakin-I! Sasha, TMI!” Jack nearly yelled.

“Do you three sleep with men?” Jane asked as they looked mortified at such a question as everyone else laughed.

“No!”

“Hell no!”

“Never in my life!” The all chorused as it just made everyone laugh harder as there was a knock at the door. Enza walked over and opened it to see Seth, Embry and Paul with four boxes of Pizza.

“They actually let me drive.” Seth stated as they walked in.

“That’s because you will be driving back.” Paul stated as Seth groaned.

“Shit, I knew that I should have seen that!” Seth stated as they walked into the kitchen as everyone stopped and stared at them.

“You really should have Seth,” Embry stated with a chuckle looking at everyone and waving.

“I swear we always have a multitude of people in our home.” Jack stated as Enza nodded.

“It’s never just us anymore.” Enza agreed as Paul looked right at Jack.

“Using your big girl words I see.” He teased as she threw spoon at him and he caught it while smirking at her. Jack’s friends were surprised to see Jack being so playful with the person she’d claimed made her lose her sanity.

“Why do we always have so many people here?” Jack inquired as Enza shrugged. “For the past week it’s been Jane and Felix, but it’s always Embry, Leah, Seth, sometimes Quil and Jake and Carlisle is here usually every other day.” Jack stated as Enza bit her lip. She knew that Yvette, Sasha and Henry would inquire about him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute. Is this the same Carlisle that you wanted to hit and quit?” Yvette started with a laugh.

“Not this again…” Enza groaned remember the first time they’d been here and she’d just been lusting after the Doctor.

“Slam and scram?”

“Nah, nail and bail if I remember correctly.” Henry stated laughing.

“Oh oh oh, don’t forget smash and dash!” Jack chimed in as Enza rubbed her temples shaking her head.

“I hate you all, mi odiano tutti voi.” Enza stated as Jane and Felix chuckled. (I really do hate all of you.)

“If we were told correctly, that already happened.” Felix smirked as Enza glared as him furiously.

“Zitto Felix! Se tu non fossi così forte ti avrei ucciso e assicurarsi che nessuno riusciva a trovare il corpo!” Everyone stared at Enza as they listen to her rapidly yell at Felix. When she’d finished she was still glaring at him as Jane had a smirk on her features and Felix looked dumbstruck for the moment. (Shut up Felix! If you weren't so strong I would kill you and make sure no one could find the body!)

“Now that is what I call a high class threat, Aro is going to love if you join us. Ruthless to a T, just when I think I have you figured out, you go and surprise me.” Jane spoke as Jack looked at Felix who was just smirking now.

“Anyways,” Yvette waved the situation off looking at Embry with a smile before turning her sights to Enza. “You and Carlisle are dating?”

“Oh so this trip we get to meet the infamous Doctor who helped you heal?” Henry asked as Enza when to speak but Jack interrupted.

“Yes! Tomorrow at the dinner celebration!” Jack stated as Enza thought about the talk she and Carlisle had had. Looking around everyone began eating the pizza that Seth, Embry, and Paul had brought over, well except for Jane and Felix.

Enza smiled a moment as she thought about whether or not she should tell everyone that she and Carlisle were not together anymore. Then again it was because she’d kissed Felix and—no, she would enjoy the happiness that was surrounding her right now. The uncomplicated embarrassing fun that her friends and Jack’s created especially since it looked like Dave was hitting on Jane. Then there was Embry who kept looking at Yvette with a look at raised her curiosity as to what those two had been talking about since that day.

“Save me some pizza you vultures!” Enza shouted going over and grabbing a piece of cheese pizza.

“Oh, C, you remember that one time we play strip tequila UNO?” Sasha asked as Felix and Jane looked at her then back at Enza.

“I only remember from what Yvette told me about that night. I guess that’s what happens when you are the looser.”

“Oh, Enza what about that time you guys all played battleshots?” Jack asked taking a bite of her pizza as Enza nodded.

“Eah, I actually ember at one!” Enza swallowed the bite with a chuckle. “I wasn’t as drunk as Henry and Sasha!”

“So I picked a bad partner, sue me!” Sasha stated with a laugh!

“It was straights against the gays!” Henry clarified with a shrug.

“When we sunk their air craft carrier that was when it got really interesting!” Yvette stated as she and Enza high fived and Henry and Sasha rolled their eyes.

“That sounds epic, can we play that?” Dave asked as everyone laughed.

“Maybe after the dinner tomorrow when we get back.”

“We should also have a snowball fight!” Jack stated as the boys all nodded.

“Only if I have alcohol in my system will you get me out in that cold!” Yvette stated as everyone laughed.

“Embry can keep you warm!” Jack stated as everyone looked between the two and Embry’s face was red as Yvette showed no embarrassment towards the statement only a smirk in Embry’s direction.

“This is going to be one interesting weekend Felix.” Jane looked at Felix as he nodded with a smirk watching the eight humans and three wolves interact.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to give a shout out to all our commenteers! We really love you and that you take the time to tell us what you think! ♥♥♥

Tired of The Lying
temptation;
bloodravyn
Art_Flavor
JustThinking
overridden;;senses
vanessarsc

You are all amazing! ♥♥♥


Comment & Subscribe

Image