Wild Things.

I Love You.

As tired as she was, Enza couldn’t sleep. Looking over at the red digital numbers she sighed as she rolled out of bed. It was only one in the morning and she was restless. Standing up a slight chill caught her as she walked over to the dresser that the hotel provided and threw on a shirt over the sports bra she’d worn to bed. Looking in another drawer she pulled on some sweat pants then walked over and slipped on some shoes and a jacket before grabbing her room key and quietly walking out of the door.

Enza didn’t really know where she was heading but she was restless with a lot on her mind. Had Paul not been sleeping in her bed in the other room she would have woken Jack up to talk. Walking past the elevator she opened the door to the stairs and slowly began walking down them. As she reached the lobby she found herself dialing a number on her phone. The person answered with a gruff ‘hello’ as Enza chewed on her bottom lip a moment before finally opening her mouth.

“I need a favor.” Was all she said as the person’s disposition seemed to change knowing who it was.

“Yes?”

“Come get me.” Was her reply as he agreed before they disconnected, Enza let out a breath of air as she continued walking slowly towards the door. She thought that maybe she should call back and cancel the favor, but she couldn’t sleep at the moment and she knew of another who currently had the same problem but with different reasons.

“Cadenza?” Enza looked over to the door with a small smile as Felix was smirking as he walked over to her. “I hope this favor is a nightcap.” He winked as Enza looked at him seriously.

“Take me to Marcus.” Felix blinked, her attitude was stern, very business-like as she spoke to him. He could tell that something was on her mind and wanted to ask but didn’t as he took her hand and pulled her outside. Once outside he looked around before picking her up the way a groom would pick up his bride and ran to Volterra.

Enza closed her eyes as the buildings passed by in a whirlwind of colors and the wind whipped at her hair. It felt like a dream when she would open her eyes and try to process the buildings that they were buzzing by but it was to no avail as she closed her eyes and rested her head against Felix’s chest. It was only moments later that they stopped in front of the Volturi building that she remembered.

Putting her down he gave her a look that indicated that she follow him and she did. Following Felix he didn’t say a word which kind of surprised her, she’d expected him to say something else perverted to her or even ask why she had wanted to see Marcus.

“Bringing humans back Felix? Care to share?” A woman asked with a wink in his direction as she licked her lips. They stopped momentarily as Felix smiled at the woman.

“Diane, as much fun as that seems this human is off limits.” Felix stated as Diane looked at the woman with a raised eyebrow.

“A human in the Volturi that is off limits?” Diane gave the woman a full look over. “She’s quite beautiful for a human, is she your play thing?” Diane asked as he looked over to Enza with a smirk.

“Oh that would be lovely however, Aro stated that changing her would result in death, this particular human is going to be quite powerful after the transformation.” Felix stated as Diane smirked.

“Oh really?” Diane asked as Felix nodded and she looked at Enza. “Human what abilities do you possess now that make that so?” Enza blinked not sure what the question was or why it was being asked. Ignoring the question Enza looked up at Felix as she touched his arm grabbing his attention.

“I asked a favor of you and conversing with other vampires was not included in that favor.” Enza stated as he looked down into her whiskey colored eyes that seemed to shine even in the dim lighting. Felix nodded as he looked to Diane who was now glaring at Enza for ignoring her yet he could see that she was curious about her.

“Diane we will talk later.” Felix stated as they began walking once more. A few moments later they were in front of a door that would lead them into Marcus’ chambers.

“Enter Felix.” Marcus called before they’d even needed to talk to announce themselves. Walking in Marcus was surprised to see that it was Cadenza with Felix and not some human that Heidi had brought for feeding. “Cadenza, my dear, what brings this visitation along?” He asked getting up from the desk he’d been sitting at.

“I couldn’t sleep and needed someone to speak with, I hear that you also have problems sleeping?” Enza smiled as did Marcus.

“Felix you are dismissed,” Marcus stated as Enza turned to him just as he was about to turn to leave.

“Thank you Felix for bringing me, would you mind taking me back then?” Enza asked as Felix was going to agree but Marcus stopped him.

“That won’t be necessary my dear, I can do that,” Marcus stated as Felix nodded a farewell and left the room. Marcus took her hands in his and led her over to a couch area and sat down. “What is bothering you so much that you chose to come to Volterra in the middle of the night just to speak with me?” Enza sighed.

“I was having trouble sleeping and just wanted to talk with someone.” Enza sighed as she looked down at her hands which Marcus was still holding.

“From what I was told, Carlisle is here so why not talk with him?” Marcus asked as Enza blinked looking at him.

“Tell me about you.” Enza stated as Marcus laughed momentarily.

“What would you like to know?”

“Everything and anything you want to tell me.” Enza stated as a smiled appeared on his lips.

“I was nineteen when I had been bitten by a vampire, I know that shortly after that I had met Aro, Didyme, Caius and Athenodora. And that is about as much as can remember from my early days as a vampire.” Marcus stated as Enza blinked.

“How long ago where you transformed?”

“It was about 350 AD.” Enza felt her mouth fall open as Marcus let out a chuckle.

“You are literally old as dirt!” Enza stated as Marcus shook his head. “You have lived so long, have you ever married?” Enza felt herself asking as his features became dark.

“Once, I was married to Aro’s sister, Didyme.” Enza blinked as she could see the sadness on his features.

“Tell me about her?” Enza whispered as Marcus looked at her, a little surprised that she would want to know.

“She had the ability to make others happy as well as herself. She was a beautiful woman that I loved so very much—”

“How did she die?” Enza interrupted.

“It was during a battle with another coven.” Marcus stated with a solemn look as Enza nodded as he looked at her.

“Enough about me, tell me about you.” Marcus said after a moment as Enza smiled at him.

“Well, as you can see I am still human,” They both smiled at that. “I was born twenty-three years ago to Marcello and Maribel De Luca. I have a very large and very Italian family that I just adore and couldn’t live without, especially my cousin Jackie.”

“Do you have siblings?” Enza nodded.

“Two younger brothers by marriage and a half brother on the way,” Enza stated as Marcus seemed a little confused. “My parents divorced and my father remarried and my mother is engaged to be married, they are happy as friends and both of my step-parents get along great,” Enza smiled as did Marcus.

“Will you tell me why you really can’t sleep?” Enza blinked momentarily at the question before answering.

“Carlisle,” Enza breathed out as Marcus squeezed her hands lightly.

“What about him?”

“I am in love with him but I can’t bring myself to him because he is a vampire and it just seems that anything that can go wrong will go wrong with us.” Enza stated not looking up at Marcus but just at their hands.

“My dear, is that what is leaving you so restless?” Marcus asked as she nodded her head. He let go of her hands and placed a hand under her chin. “I wish that I had the correct answers to supply but unfortunately my dear I do not.” Marcus said as Enza let out a breath she had realized she’d been holding. “Come here.” Marcus stated as he pulled her to him.

“How can I tell him if I feel that moment I do something horrendous is going to happen?” Enza asked as she leaned into Marcus as he rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

“You are such a complicated human Cadenza.” Marcus stated as she felt her eyes becoming heavy as Marcus continued to rubber her back until he heard the change in her breathing indicating that she was sleeping. Standing up Marcus cradled her into his arms as he began walking out and soon found his self running towards where he knew that she’d been staying thanks to Jane and Felix telling him.

~*~

Enza blinked her eyes open at the sound of Jack yelling at Paul for something. She looked around her room as Jack burst into her room but stopped after looking at Enza.

“You slept fully clothed? That’s surprising, but that is not the reason I came in here, yell at Paul for me!” Jack exclaimed as Enza sat up and rubbed her eyes and stretched out her body. “Oh and Carlisle is here.” Jack stated as Paul was standing in the doorway.

“What am I yelling at you for?” Enza asked him with a yawn.

“She cuddled into me during the night.” Paul shrugged as Enza looked at Jack who was blushing.

“H-he was spooning me! That is not in the rules!” Jack pointed at him as the blush still on her cheeks and Enza chuckled a bit.

“You were obviously cold, I can’t stop what you do in the middle of the night.” Paul stated as Carlisle walked into the room and gave Enza a closed lipped smile and a slight wave.

“Hey Carlisle,” Enza said as sleep still was evident in her voice. “Um, so I am yelling at Paul because you decided that you were cold in the middle of the night and snuggled into him?” Jack glared at Enza as Paul chuckled and Carlisle just shook his head that entire.

“You are supposed to be on my side Cadenza!” Jack stated as a piece of paper caught her eye that was sitting on Enza’s night stand. “What’s this?” Jack asked picking it up as she looked at Enza.

“I don’t know, what’s it say?” Enza asked as Jack began reading it in her head and stopped a momentas she was blinking and looked at Enza.

“You were in Volterra last night?” Jack asked as Enza stood up and took the paper from Jack and began reading the beautiful script.

My Dear,

It was a pleasure to see you. Our time spent together was marvelous. The visit was so unexpected but welcomed, feel free to visit anytime, you are welcomed in Volterra anytime. Please extend the invitation to your lovely cousin Jacqueline also.

Take care, Cadenza.
Marcus


“I was restless, and you were sleeping with Paul—um, you and Paul were sleeping so I didn’t want to disturb you.” Enza corrected as Jack looked at her.

“So what? You rented a car in the middle of the night and drove like fifty miles to Volterra to talk with Marcus?” Jack asked trying to understand as Enza shook her head.

“Not exactly, I may have called Felix to um, take me.” Enza stated running a hand through her hand hair as she expelled a breath. She briefly looked over at Carlisle who was giving her a hard look. “Breakfast?” Enza asked as Jack nodded happily as she pulled Paul from the room and closing the door behind them. Enza walked over to her dresser and pulled out jeans and a long sleeve shirt as she started to undress not even bothering to kick Carlisle out.

Carlisle was going to say something as Jack started banging on the door as Enza quickly pulled her shirt over her head as Jack opened the door. “C’mon, I need fuel!” Jack stated as Enza flipped her hair after running a hand through it.

“Food?” Carlisle asked as Jack looked at him.

“Same thing.” She stated instead of making some joke that would probably make Enza feel very uncomfortable that he stayed in the room while she dressed. “Now let’s go.” Jack stated as Enza slipped on some shoes as the four of them stepped out of the room and began making their way to the elevator.

“Oh cugino Cadenza!” Enza and Jack stopped at hearing the loudness of Martina.

“Ferma un attimo,” Maria called out as they turned around as the two woman caught up to them. (Stop a moment.)

“Maria! Martina!” Leyo called chasing his older sisters.

“Oh who are these fine looking men?” Martina asked looking between Carlisle and Paul.

“Yes, where did you pick up these two? They are looking fine!” Maria stated as Enza shook her head.

“Mi spiace per loro,” Leyo stated as Enza and Jack laughed. (I’m sorry about them.)

“What are the three of you doing up so early?” Enza asked as Leyo glared as Martina and Maria.

“These asses are making me buy them breakfast.” Leyo stated as Maria ruffled his hair.

“So who are those two?” Martina asked nodding her head towards Carlisle and Paul.

“This is Paul Lahote, he’s my slave.” Jack stated as Paul shook his head.

“A sex slave?” Martina asked as Jack’s face when completely red with embarrassment.

“I told you that introducing him as your slave would back fire eventually.” Enza laughed as did Martina and Maria.

“It’s nice to meet you Paul, I’m Martina and this is my sister Maria and my brother Leyo.” Martina introduced as they shook his hand.

“So who is this? Your sex slave Enza?” Maria chuckled as Enza shook her head.

“This is Dr. Carlisle Cullen, they decided to surprise us here in Italy.” Enza stated as Martina raised an eyebrow.

“Oh how sweet of your boyfriends to skip thanksgiving with their family to spend it with the two of you.” Martina stated with a smile.

“Paul is not my boyfriend.” Jack stated as Maria chuckled.

“Right, but he is here with you so obviously something is going on.” Maria pointed out as Leyo looked at Paul with a hard look.

“N-no, n-nothing, he is just here being Paul.” Jack stammered clearly embarrassed as she looked to Enza for help.

“They were here visiting family in Volterra and wanted to stop by to say hello before heading to the airport to leave.” Enza lied smoothly as Martina looked at her cousin.

“Bugiardo,” Martina stated as Enza smirked as she started walking again Jack following immediately. (Liar.)

“Love you too Martina, we will see you at dinner tonight.” Enza called as the elevator doors opened and two people got off as the four of them entered.

“Your face is very red Jack.” Paul stated touching her cheek as Jack hit his hand away mumbling something incoherent.

“The two of you are leaving and today.” Enza stated looking at both Carlisle and Paul.

“No way, those two are up—”

“I said the two of you are leaving, this is our family time probably the last with Brisnonno Francis and the Volturi is not going to try anything.” Enza stated as Jack looked at her. “The two of you need to leave, this was our break from anything and everything shifter and vampire related.”

“What about Felix and Jane?” Carlisle asked as Enza glared at him. “Or even Marcus?” As the elevator opened Enza let out a frustrated noise.

“I will not be joining the three of you for breakfast.” Enza stated as Jack just watched her as the elevator door closed.

“She is really upset.” Jack commented as she looked at Paul then at Carlisle. “I’d better go and talk with her.” Jack stated as she went to press the button for the elevator but stopped as Carlisle put a hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll go talk with her.” He stated as he walked away from Paul and Jack and headed to the stairs. Enza walked into her room and started getting undressed as she heard the door open.

“Jack?” She called as she began walking towards her door with her shirt in front of her covering herself.

“I really don’t understand this Cadenza.” Carlisle stated as Enza turned around so that her back was to him as he walked into her room.

“What do you want from me Carlisle?” She asked as she gasped as he was behind her and pulling her body next to his.

“Right now? This,” He stated as he kissed her neck.

“Carlisle,” Enza breathed out in a moan as he turned her around and smashed his lips to hers in a rough kiss. Enza was taken by surprise as she gasped for air and he took advantage of her open mouth and began exploring it, getting reacquainted with her mouth as well as her taste.

Enza found herself yielding into the kiss and somewhere during it she moaned out his name. He broke off the kiss as Enza whimpered in protest as he leaned his forehead against hers. “I love Cadenza and I can’t be just friends with you, because friends don’t love other friends the way that I love you. Friends don’t think about making love to their friends like I want to make love you. I can’t be just friends with you Cadenza.” Enza blinked as she looked at him.

“I-I just...” Enza breathed as Carlisle nipped at her lips and she pushed into him as he let out a gruttle groan. Enza felt they needed to stop but she couldn’t, he loved her and she did love him. So why was she not telling him? Dropping her shirt onto the floor she wrapped her arms around Carlisle’s neck keeping him there as the kiss continued.

With his foot Carlisle kicked the door shut and continued kissing her as they slowly walked and fell onto her bed and Enza let out a giggle as she started unbuttoning his shirt and he worked at her pants. Their gazes connected for a long moment as she leaned up and kissed him tenderly.

“I love you too Carlisle.” She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovely, admitting that they love each other finally! Um, thanks for reading, if there is anything wrong just lemme know and I will fix it right away! I think a shout is in order for myself and Dirty.Deeds for making it past 40 chapters! Yay us! And whats a shout out without thanking the readers and commenters? We love you guys! (:

Comment&Subscribe

Image