Wild Things.

The Common Cold.

Enza laid on her bed listening to the rain snow mix fall. She was more than glad to be back in her own bed, and especially since she’d been feeling sick for the past week since they’d returned back to the states. She’d even had to leave her class twice this week to empty the contents of her stomach.

She was grateful for the two hour delay that had turned into a snow day. Enza curled into her sleeping puppy that seemed to grow a lot bigger within the week she and Jack had left him and Bagheera with Alice. Just as she started falling back asleep she felt the bile rise in her throat as she quickly got up and ran to the bathroom.

Jack made a face as she walked into Enza’s room hearing her heave up the contents of her stomach. “Uh, that’s gross and here.” Jack stated throwing a bag on her bed from the supermarket. Enza washed her mouth out with water as she walked back into her bedroom.

“Thanks, I appreciate you getting me cough medicine.” Enza stated as she dumped out the items and picked up one in particular and looked at it before showing it to her. “This isn’t funny Jacqueline.” Enza stated as Jack looked at her seriously.

“You aren’t showing the symptoms of a common cold Cadenza, you have morning sickness.” Jack pointed out as Enza shook her head.

“No, because every time that Carlisle and I—oh no! No, no, no, no, no, no, no!” Enza sat down on her bed and put her head in her hands. Jack looked at her as Balto got up from laying down and trotted over to her nudging her side.

“Italy?” Jack asked as Enza nodded her head not looking up.

“It was so spontaneous, he said that he loved me and I told him that I loved him and it just…just happened.” Enza stated as Jack looked at her a little stunned.

“Wow, okay, you said that you two were good, not that you admitted that you loved him Enza!” Jack stated her voice loud as Balto barked at her. “Hush mutt!” Jack stated as Balto just looked at her.

“Well, it was, it is good, I meant to tell you that but—Jesus, I am pregnant!”Enza stated a little hysterical.

“Not until you pee on that stick and two pink lines show up, now go!” Jack shooed her back into the bathroom with the pregnancy test. “Balto, come! You probably need to pee too.” Jack stated as Balto looked at her as she walked to the door. Rolling her eyes Jack patted her knees and in a over happy voice said ‘outside’ as Balto’s tail wagged and he jumped off the bed and began running downstairs.

Enza set the test on the box as she flushed the toilet and washed her hands. What would she do with a baby? She was only twenty-three turning twenty-four in less than two months. Maybe she just had a stomach thing or jet-leg…yeah after a week of being home, it wasn’t jet-lag. It had to be a stomach thing, could she really raise a child? Especially a have vampire child?

A soft knock on the door startled her as Jack called her name. Opening the bathroom door Jack gave her a sympathetic look as Enza looked anxious. “Jack, what am I going to do if I am pregnant? I can’t raise a child!” Enza started freaking out as Jack grabbed her shaking hands.

“Cadenza Marcella De Luca, you are a teacher of little hellions. You are fantastic with little children and babies, if you are pregnant I just know that you are going to be the best mother you can be! Now calm down and look at the peed on stick.” Jack stated as Enza blinked back tears pulling Jack in for a tight hug. Letting her go Enza sniffled and wiped at her eyes.

“You look at it, I don’t think that I can do it.” Enza stated as Jack went to pick up the test and stopped.

“Oh hell no! You urinated on that thing! You touch it!” Jack stated as Enza let out a laugh as a knock at the door was heard and Balto started barking like a maniac. “Whoever it is can wait, pick up the stick and just see if there is one like or two.” Jack stated as Balto continued barking as Enza picked up the test and let out a sigh before looking at it. “Well?”

“I’m p-pregnant.” Enza stammered as she stared at the stick with two pink lines. “I um, um,” Enza blinked as Jack just looked at her as Balto continued to bark.

“I am going to get the door.” Jack stated as she slowly stepped back and then turned around. Enza blinked, she was pregnant, she was going to be having Carlisle’s child. A vampire-human baby, how in the hell was that going to work?

“Uh Cadenza?” Enza looked up to see Leah as she smiled. “I have only been insulting you since Jack let me in, what’s wrong?” Leah asked walking into her room more as Leah’s eyes landed on the stick in her hand.

“I’m uh pregnant.” Enza let out a short chuckle as she waved the stick around. “I guess I can’t confirm it until I go to the doctors but uh, according to this stick, I am pregnant.” Enza stated as she looked up at Leah who was looking down at her in momentarily shocked.

“Whose is it?” Leah asked as Enza let out a good long laugh.

“I know that you call me a whore but really I have been with Carlisle since I’ve lived here.” Enza stated as she laid the stick on the sink and stood up walking past Leah. “Unless you count that kiss between me and Felix, but you can’t get pregnant from kissing.” Enza stated as Embry, Jack, Paul and Jacob were standing in the door way looking at Enza.

“Did I just hear correctly?” Embry asked looking at Jack as she nodded.

“You’re pregnant with Carlisle’s child?” Paul asked as Jack hit him on his arm.

“Who else would she be pregnant with you dummy.” Paul laughed a moment as Jacob looked at her.

“How long?” Jacob asked concern in his voice as everyone looked at him.

“Well the last time we had unprotected sex, actually the only time—”

“Enza,” Jack groaned out as Enza stood next to her bed.

“The day after Thanksgiving.” Enza shrugged as Jacob looked at her stomach surprised.

“That was nearly two weeks ago, are you sure that it is Carlisle’s?” Jacob asked as Jack then hit him.

“Enza is not some sort of slut who sleeps around! Why are you all being so weird about this?” Jack asked as Jacob continued to look at Enza.

“When Bella was pregnant with Nessie, the pregnancy was less than a week and the birth nearly killed her.” Jacob stated as Enza placed her hand over her belly.

“Well maybe it’s a false pregnancy,” Enza supplied as she looked at Jack. “How are the roads?”

“Not too bad, but I don’t think you should be driving.” Jack stated as Enza grabbed some sweatpants and put them on over her shorts.

“Well I need to find out, and Carlisle doesn’t work at Forks hospital so I can find out without him knowing.” Enza stated as they all looked at her as she grabbed a sweater from her closet and put it on zipped it up.

“I will go with you.” Jack sighed as she left the boys and went over to her room to grab her boots and coat.

“I will also go.” Leah stated as Enza looked at her.

“Grabbed some of your clothes that you have in my bottom drawer because you are not going to the hospital in what you are wearing now.” Enza stated as the boys and Leah laughed.

~*~

She sat in the waiting room with Leah, Jack, Paul, Embry, and Jacob waiting for the results of her blood work. They’d been sitting there for what seemed like forever as Paul kept asking Jack when their date was going to be and Jacob and Embry tried to keep from making comments. Enza was about to say something as a nurse came into the waiting area and called out her name.

“Yes?” She asked as the woman smiled.

“Please follow me.” She stated as the other five stood also and followed. Entering the room the nurse looked at them all curiously. “Quite the support group you have.” She commented as she looked over the paper work. “Are one of these men the hopeful father?” She asked looking at the three guys.

“Oh, um, no not at all. They are all too young for me.” Enza stated as Embry and Jacob had a blush across their faces.

“Really they all look so tall and mature,” She commented as she looked directly at Enza. “Well Miss De Luca, according to your blood work, you are three weeks pregnant.” Enza blinked with a smile. “You’ll want to schedule regular appointments with your OB/GYN and your doctor.”

“Um, thank you.” Enza stated as the woman nodded before walking out and leaving the door open.

“A vampire hybrid pregnancy will progress a lot faster than a regular human pregnancy.” Jacob stated once they were in the car.

“I need to tell Carlisle.” Enza stated as she began driving to his home.

“I should have ran there.” Embry stated as the he was sitting in the middle in between Jacob and Paul who had Jack sitting on his lap.

“Hush we are almost there.” Jack stated as Enza was silent drawing looks from Jacob and Leah as Paul, Jack and Embry were arguing.

“Are you going to be alright?” Leah asked as Enza pulled into their driveway and parked the car.

“I-I don’t really know, I am pregnant with a child that is part vampire.” Enza stated turning off the car. “And according to Jake back there my pregnancy was supposed to be over a week and a half ago.” Enza stated as her breathing started to speed up and she felt hands on her shoulders.

“Cadenza, slow your breathing, everything is going to be alright.” Jack stated as Enza tried to calm her breathing.

“What if I die? Or what if I lose the baby? What if Carlisle doesn’t—”

“CADENZA! Just stop! Everything is going to be fine! We are going to go in there and we are going to tell Carlisle and everything is going to be alright. Okay?” Jack stated as Enza got a hold of her breathing as Jack gave her shoulders a squeeze. “Okay?” Jack asked again as Enza nodded.

“Okay, let’s go.” Enza swallowed as she opened her door and began walking to the door of the house.

“Cadenza, Jacqueline, Paul, Leah, Embry and Jacob. You are all here, what’s the occasion?” Alice asked with a smile as she stepped aside to let them come in.

“Is Carlisle home?” Enza asked as Alice looked at her curiously.

“He is in his study reading, is everything alright?” Alice asked as they walked into the living room to see Bella, Edward, and Renesmee watching television.

“Jake!” Renesmee jumped up from Edward’s lap and ran to him as he picked her up and hugged her. Edward looked at Enza as she started singing in her head in Italian but she knew it was too late he’d heard her thoughts, her worries if not everyone elses.

“Three weeks.” He stated as he stood and looked at her.

“Stop,” Enza nearly pleaded as he looked down at her stomach and then back at her face. “I just need to see Carlisle just shut up about it.” Enza stated as she left the group and made her way back to Carlisle’s study and knocked on the door.

“Come in.” She heard him call as she opened the door and walked in. He looked up and smiled before he was in front of her giving her a kiss. “Are you feeling better? I was going to visit you later on.” Carlisle stated as he kissed her once more.

“Carlisle we need to t-talk.” Enza bit her bottom lip at the hitch in her voice. He caressed her cheek with his thumb as he looked into her eyes.

“What is the matter my love.” Enza wanted to cry just at the term of endearment. There is no way that her hormones were acting up already, but then again this wasn’t a normal pregnancy.

“I um, f-found out something today,” Why couldn’t she just spit it out? Just say what she needed to say and get it over with. Because she didn’t want to see his reaction.

“Is everything alright? Is Jack alright? Is it your mother? Your great-grandfather—”

“My family is alright they are doing okay as far as I know, this is more about us.” Enza stated as Carlisle looked at her still staying close to her. She needed to say it, to just get it out in the open before he thought of something worse than what she needed to tell him.

“What about us Cadenza?” He asked softly. I’m pregnant. We’re having a baby. I’m with child. I’m eating for two. I’m knocked up. There’s a bun in the oven. Enza processed the many ways to tell him simple news but it just seemed to get more complicated as she looked at him.

“I’m pregnant.” She breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
First I want say that I absolutely love JustThinking and your comments, they make me smile every time I read them! You are just so awesome! Anyways, thanks for reading and let us know what you think! :) Lastly, this is probably my favorite banner that I made for this story! hehe

Comment&Subscribe

Image