Wild Things.

Odd Reactions

“Could I interest you in a foot rub?” Henry asks Enza who raises her eyebrow inquisitively at him. “It’s the sort of thing a good godfather would do,” he explains as his hands travel to Enza’s feet.

Jack and Enza were inside of their old house with sitting in the living room spending time with Henry, Yvette and Sasha until dinner. The trio refused to let Enza out of sight claiming that they wanted to get to know their godchildren better before she gave birth to them. They also continued arguing over who would be the godparent and to their misfortune Enza didn’t tell them which one, or even if one of them, would be the one.

While Enza allowed that to distract her from the fact that she was not having one but two children, Jack was gritting her teeth hopping that the trio would stop with it soon.

“Good luck with that honey,” Yvette snorts. Then she smiles brightly and hands Enza a steamy bowl. “Chicken broth? It helps with the fluids and well, you need to feed my godchildren.”

“You guys didn’t have too,” Enza mumbles with a small smile on her lips.

“Of course we did,” Henry and Yvette say at the same time. They narrow their eyes at each other and then smile brightly to Enza.

“I’m going to be the godfather,” Henry states as he continues massaging Enza’s feet.
“You wish, I’m far more responsible than you,” Yvette points out with a smirk on her lips.

“No arguing,” Sasha says sternly looking to Henry and Yvette who in return scoff.

“Thank you Sasha,” Jack chimes in with a smile. “Those two are acting like children… I’m surprised that you’re being so mature about this—”

“We all know I’m going to be the godmother. It’s silly that you think otherwise,” Sasha continues ignoring Jack’s words. Enza laughs lightly as she continues eating and enjoying Henry’s massage. “Do you want a pillow hon?”

“At least they’re making you feel better—” Jack is interrupted by her phone and when she went to reject the phone call Enza narrowed her eyes slightly. Jack sighs in response and when she was about to answer the call she smiles to Henry. “I’ll help you convince Enza if you answer the phone.” The phone was immediately removed from Jack’s hands. While Enza laughed and in a subtle way praised the way avoided she the call, Yvette and Sasha complained about it being unfair.

“You’ve reached Jacqueline’s cell phone. She is unviable at the—” Henry chimes in happily ignoring Sasha’s and Yvette’s glare.

Henry?” Paul asks with confusion patent in his voice. “Why are you answering Jack’s phone?

“That Henry character seems quite dashing. Is he a handsome man whose face seems like it was sculpted by Venus?” Henry purrs huskily making Enza laugh while Jack shook her head at Henry’s antics.

Venus? The Greek love goddess?

“I think it’s the Roman love goddess,” Henry muses out loud. “But yes, there’s no denying that Venus was inspired when she made me. She didn’t stopped at my looks, oh no. She entrusted me to spread the love making art in this world. You should give it a try to test—”

“This was a bad idea,” Jack declares narrowing her eyes slightly to Henry that pouted in response. She removed the phone from his hands and pressed her ear against it.

… And where’s Jack? I want to speak with her,” Paul says sternly making Jack laugh.

“Here.” A wide smile appears on Jack’s lips making Enza wiggle her eyebrows. Jack narrows her eyes to her cousin and ignores it.

I thought I’d be stuck with Henry’s and his weird conversation.

“Hello Paul. Yes, I’m great. Thank you ever so much for asking,” Jack grumpily says.

Ah… I’m in trouble ain’t I? I was over the moon when you actually answered the phone—

“Henry’s strangeness made me do it,” Jack states as she begins walking in front of everyone. “I wanted him to get rid of the phone calls not to do whatever it was that he was doing.”

“Have you ever heard ‘Henry the horny rooster’ joke?” Yvette mumbles out loud between laughs. Jack shakes her head looking to her cousin’s friends.

I miss you,” Paul tells her sweetly making a smile appear on her lips. “I’m going crazy without you here. Shut up! She answered mine not yours, deal with it!

“I didn’t say a thing Paul.” Jack rolls her eyes as she continues to hear Paul arguing with someone else.

She’s my imprint! I get to speak with her first. No, you ask her when it’s your turn to speak with her—

“I’m going to hang up now Lahote,” Jack declares deviously making him panic in the other end.

No, please don’t. Carlisle and Embry will shut up right now!” Paul half yells then he sighs. “But you have too! I’ve said that it’s my turn. Fuck no. She’s my imprint, mine not yours…I’ll ask later, chill…” he sighs loudly and groans. “The only way for them to shut up is if you tell me how Enza is...

“Enza’s fine since she was smart enough to disconnect her phone,” Jack says louder than necessary making Enza laugh lightly. “Henry, Sasha and Yvette are tending to her pregnant needs so tell V-man he has nothing to worry.”

Stop asking questions,” Paul mutters with annoyance. “No way will I ask her that! Look, Enza is fine now it’s my turn to speak and I want to know how Jack’s doing. No, you call later! At least wait till it’s your turn to speak. I don’t give a flying—

“Just what I had envisioned when I took the phone from Henry’s hands…” Jack mumbles tiredly.

“Henry’s talented hands,” Henry yells making Jack laugh. “Isn’t it right Enza?”

Did you sleep well? You sound tired love,” Paul tells her softly ignoring Carlisle and Embry.

“I am tired,” Jack points out as she looks to her cousin that was laughing at something that Sasha had told her. “I’m also worried with Enza,” she adds in a whisper.

Why? What happened to Cadenza?!” Carlisle demands to know. Once he heard that Jack was worried about Enza, his Enza, he stole Paul’s phone so he could inquire.

“She’s more than fine if we overlook the fact that you got her pregnant with your v-swimmers,” Jack states rolling her eyes. She starts to hear some groans and a bit of fumbling in the other end of the phone making her sigh loudly. “I swear I’m going to hang up.”

Don’t! I just got the phone back and I haven’t even spoken with you,” Paul whines loudly making Jack and Embry laugh.

“I know that something is wrong when I find your whining funny.”

You just miss me,” Paul states cockily with a wide grin on his lips. “So, how was your day love?

“It was good. We had lunch with Henry, Sasha, Yvette and their siblings… Thankfully Romeo and Nathaniel are gone now; they, quite sadly, haven’t changed a bit,” Jack muses and sighs loudly

Who? I don’t like it,” Paul declares making Jack chuckle. “Who are those men? What did they do? Do I need to fly there and punch them?

“You’re being silly right now. And to think I announced I was serious about being with you,” Jack says interrupting Paul’s rant. She soon regrets it when he doesn’t say a thing and she imagines the size of his smile. “I’m hanging up now.”

No you aren’t. ‘Cause you like me,” Paul mumbles with a happy and slightly mocking tone.

“Grow up.”

I don’t need too and you know why? ‘Cause you like me...” He laughs lightly making Jack cringe.

“I’m serious,” Jack states sternly.

As serious as you are about being with me Jacqueline?” Paul asks sweetly. Jack groans and presses the red button making Enza look to her. “What?”

“It was quite lovely,” Enza tells her with a smirk on her lips.

“I’ve always knew they would end up together,” Henry chimes in with a smile. “So tell me Jack, is he everything I imagine him to be in bed?” Enza, Yvette and Sasha laugh loudly at his words while Jack blushes.

“Aw, Jackie is blushing,” Sasha cooed with a smirk on her lips.

“Your friends are perverts,” Jack states looking to Enza with her eyes narrowed. “I haven’t humped Paul.”

“Hump... A really cute way to describe what you want to do to him,” Yvette points out making Jack glare.

“If you need advice Uncle Henry will happy teach you the art of love making—”

“Enough guys,” Enza says between her loud laugh. Jack had a horrid expression on her face that made her laugh even harder.

“Not you too Enza, you should protect me from them, not encourage them to be worse,” Jack states with annoyance.

“I’m trying Jack but the look your face is making it hard,” Enza explains as she continues laughing.

~*~

Jack wakes up with sweat running down her face and panting frantically. She glances around the bedroom and her panic increases since she barely recognized the place where she was. Instead of jolting from the bed and running away from the room she takes deep breaths of air. She wasn’t in Forks, so it was natural that it wasn’t her bedroom. As that realization sinks in she becomes calmer and tries to shake the nightmare out of her mind.

“Enza is fine,” she whispers trying to remove the images out of her mind. “She must be sleeping.”

However those words didn’t reassure her. Knowing that she would only calm down when she saw Enza, she tosses the sheets to one side and gets up from the bed. She opens the door carefully, trying to make the least amount possible of noise and walks to Enza’s bedroom.

As Jack had thought, Enza was sleeping. Her body was sprawled around the bed and the sheets barely covered her body. Instead of sleeping naked as she usually did, she was in her panties and wearing a tank top that barely covered her big belly. Her mouth was slightly opened and one of her arms was over her stomach, holding it protectively.

Jack walks in the tip of her toes to the bed. When she was close she smiled as she removed the hairs from Enza’s face. When she was picking the sheet to cover Enza, Enza mumbled something startling Jack. She looks to her cousin and fins her blinking repeatedly.

“Jack?” Enza mumbles lightly. She rubs one of her eyes and yawns.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up. Go back to sleep,” Jack mumbles pulling the sheet to Enza.

“Something happened?” Enza asks grabbing Jack’s hand and she looks away and sighs. “What’s the matter Jack?”

“I had a silly bad dream,” Jack whispers looking everywhere except Enza.

“About what?” Enza insists pulling Jack’s hand.

“You,” Jack says lowly.

“I’m fine Jack,” Enza says tenderly patting Jack’s hand. “Climb in to bed, just like the old times.”

“I’m not a kid anymore,” Jack mumbles but nevertheless she got herself in the bed.

“Will you tell me what it was about?” Enza asks calmly as she glances in Jack’s direction. She saw Jack fumbling the hem of the sheet with her eyes slightly narrowed. “Tell me Jack.”

“It’s stupid,” Jack states making Enza smile. She nudged Jack’s ribs making Jack sigh loudly. “Okay. So you were turned into a vampire,” Jack tells her calmly. “And nobody allowed me to see you or the babies—”

“They won’t do that,” Enza states.

“I know. But I was panicking since nobody told me how you were or the babies and then someone screamed.” Jack makes a pause to look to Enza that had a sad expression.

“You’re just worried and there’s nothing silly or stupid about being worried with me Jack. Your dream is perfectly normal—”

“I haven’t finished. I wasn’t scared because of it, it just made me panic. I was scared because when you screamed I managed to open the door to see you. Your babies had Carlisle face—”

“He is the father,” Enza points out making Jack narrow her eyes.

“Screw that. They literally had his face in their tiny bodies and your teeth were falling out and you kept spitting them! You spit them and they hit everyone’s faces. It was like you were a gun that shot teeth.” On that moment Enza burst out in laughter making Jack slap her arm. “I was scared, you know? Oh, just stop laughing.”

“But—It’s so silly!” Enza says as she continues laughing.

“You’ll wake up everyone,” Jack declares but Enza doesn’t stop laughing. “You’re ridiculous sometimes.”

“Me? I’m not the one that dreamt that all your teeth were falling and you kept spiting them to people,” Enza states with a small smile on her lips.

“Now, can we sleep?” Jack yawns and pulls the sheet to her chin. Enza mumbled a yes and in a matter of minutes they both feel asleep.

Jack and Enza woke up to the sound of something falling in the ground. By the light inside the room it was already morning and they had slept a couple of hours after Jack entering Enza’s room. They both jolt from the bed and rush downstairs to find Greg picking several pans from the ground, looking really distressed. When Greg saw them he shared that he was simply trying to make breakfast when the pans attacked him. They girls laugh and help him pick up everything.

Since Greg didn’t want to cook breakfast anymore and neither him nor Jack wanted Enza to cook it they decide to go out. Jack kept teasing Greg as they walked to their bedrooms until Enza reminded her that she also couldn’t cook even if her life depended on it. Jack rolls her eyes and groans as she mutters under her breath, making Enza and Greg laugh in return.

Once they ended their meal, Greg drove Jack to Ryan’s house where Jack’s friends were waiting for her. He would then drop Enza at Yvette’s house and go to the hospital. During the ride they planned what Enza and Jack would do before their departure to Forks. They decided to meet at the hospital after lunch to spend time with Maribel. They’d have dinner with Greg and Gabriela like on the previous night, and then Henry would drive them to the airport.

Jack waves her hand to Enza and Greg as they drive away and her friends, instead of greeting her, stare into the moving car.

“I’m feeling the love,” Jack mumbles grumpily making the boys snap out of the daze.

“Was that Enza?” Chester asks raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah? Why are you guys acting weird?” Jack narrows her eyes and slaps Dave across the head since he was the only one that was still dazed.

“Ow! That hurts!”

“My feelings are also hurt,” she rectors with her eyes still narrowed. “I’ve miss you guys and I haven’t heard a ‘hello’ yet. Or how about a ‘it’s nice to see you’…”

“Sorry,” Ryan mumbles walking to her. He hugs her and kisses her cheek tenderly. “It’s nice to see you Jack.”

“I’ve missed you,” Dave says as he pulls Jack from Ryan’s arms.

“Me too,” Chester mumbles with a wide smile. “Now was it really Enza? What’s up with her stomach?”

“Yeah. She looks like she ate a whole cow,” Dave adds making Jack glare. She hits him again across the head making him groan.

“She’s pregnant moron—”

“No way!” Chester half shouts looking really surprised.

“Since when?” Ryan automatically asks.

“How many kids are in there? Twelve?” Dave mumbles with his head titled to the side.

“What sort of question is that?” Jack mutters angrily placing a hand on her hip. “She has a pretty normal pregnant size. Now if I wanted to be asked questions about Enza’s pregnancy I’d answer my phone,” Jack adds making the guys look to her with confusion. “People ought to stop inquiring about Enza’s pregnancy. It is babies, just babies. It’s not like she was abducted from aliens and popped back looking pregnant. No aliens impregnated her, it was v-man. She had sex with him and now she having va—” Jack stops talking when she realizes what she was about to say and smiles sheepishly.

“Okay, no more questions about Enza,” Chester declares with a smile on his lips. Then he laughs lightly and shakes his head. “I’ve missed your crazy ass rants.”

“They’re not crazy,” Jack whines making him laugh again.

“You’re going today?” Ryan asks diverting the subject. Jack simply nods making him sigh. “Too bad we didn’t hang yesterday.”

“I had things to do,” Jack states as they walk inside the house. “Like going to the hospital to see Aunt Maribel…”

“We know,” Chester says narrowing his eyes to Ryan.

“Are you pregnant too?” Dave asks making Jack wide her eyes with horror. Chester laughed and Ryan punched Dave for his stupid questions. “Stop hitting me!” he yells.

“Stop asking strange questions! Of course I’m not pregnant moron,” Jack punches his arm making him groan in pain.

“She doesn’t even have a boyfriend,” Ryan states and waits for Jack’s verbal approval. However since none seem to come he looked at her inquisitively. “Right?”

“At least officially,” Jack mumbles with a timid tone to it. “Even if things between me and Paul are good now, we aren’t dating yet. Nor are we making babies,” she adds narrowing her eyes to Dave.

“Paul?” Ryan shouts loudly startling Jack. “What the fuck!”

“What’s the matter Ryan?” Ryan grunts and walks out of the living room. “What’s up with him?” Jack as looking to Dave and Chester that sighed in response, making her even more confused.

“Let me speak with him, okay?” Chester says smiling reassuringly.

“I want to know why he acted like this,” Jack demands.

“He… hum… doesn’t like Paul very much,” Chester says.

“That’s not how I’d put it.” Chester narrows his eyes in response making Dave raise an eyebrow. “But yes… He doesn’t like Paul.”

“Why?” They both shrug.

The rest of the day with them was as odd as that moment. Chester went to speak with Ryan as he had said and Ryan returned looking calmer. But no one explained to Jack what had cause Ryan’s outburst or why he seemed to be in a bad mood. Well, a terrible mood. He barely muttered two words to Jack the entire day and kept dragging Paul into the conversation. Like during lunch. Jack asked him to pass her the salt and he asked if that was what Paul did to convince her to date him.

She was actually happy when they dropped her at the hospital. She didn’t want to argue with Ryan and he had made that resolution really hard. It’s true that she had missed them a lot and that she wasn’t pleased with the fact of only spending a couple of hours with them. However Ryan’s angry behavior, Dave’s mocking one and Chester calm was putting her on the edge.

The rest of the day was easier to deal with. Maribel and Cara were fine and the way that Greg was acting with them made Jack smile. The most distressed part of her evening was the flight to Forks since Enza was stressing about the way she would tell Carlisle the news.

“Who’d say that vampire swimmers were so powerful,” Jack mumbles interrupting Enza. “I think we should congratulate him. For someone dead his sperm is—” Enza groans and slaps Jack’s arm.

“You’re not funny Jack. This is serious.”

“And is it so hard to believe that I’m seriously impressed with the quality of his s—”

“Per favore, non di più spermatozoi Carlisle. Mi stai disturbando molto Jack,” Enza declares making Jack laugh lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's really a joke about Henry the horny rooster, one that I laughed my ass off when I remembered about this Henry. Anyway I'm really sorry for the delay and don't forget that feedback is love :3

Image