Waters of Disillusion

We've forgotten there's any other way.

Dinner with Benjamin was going pretty well. He's a really funny guy, but I kept getting the feeling that he's more interested in me than I am in him. But really, how do you break that gently to someone?

We were talking about random things and I was just finishing saying how I had always thought Alaska was only like, thirty miles away from the rest of America when Tyler walked in. Amanda Mae trailed in behind him, her head bent and tapping away at her cell phone. And man, was I pissed. Who does he think he is? He noticed me right away and waved. "Hey, Nico!" he shouted. Benjamin and Amanda Mae looked at him. I saw her say something to Tyler, but I didn't catch it. Something nasty, probably. Amanda Mae has never liked me. He grabs her hand and practically throws her in the chair right next to Benjamin. Tyler, of course, sits right next to me.

"What are you doin', Tyler?" I could beat him senseless.

"Nic, you remember Amanda Mae," he flaps his hand toward her, as if I could forget her. She doesn't smile at me, but it's not exactly a grimace either. "Amanda Mae, this's Nic's date, Anthony."

"Benjamin."

"Gesundheit," Tyler takes a chug of my drink. "Say, Nic, is this sweet tea you're drinkin'?"

I feel like I know where this is going. "Could you please leave?"

" Hey, Berry," he catches Benjamin's eye. "You know why we call her sweet tea 'round here?"

"Tyler," I hiss. Not this story. Anything but this story. "No one's called me that for years. Shut up."

"Y'see, right after that awkward puberty phase, when our Nico here was jus' done fillin' out, she was drinkin' this can'a sweet tea, right?" I punch him in the leg but he hardly flinches. "And she completely misses her mouth! Ha ha," he takes a second to smirk at me.

"Tyl-"

"And who wouldda thought, she was wearin' a white tank top too! So it gets all over her face, her shirt, and her hair stank like sweat tea til the end of the day. She wasn't allowed to go home, mind you. An' it was when first period jus' began, but that ol' hag Reiner wouldn't let her change. I can tell you first hand, that was prob'ly the first wet tee shirt contest any a' the guys saw."

"It was not a wet tee shirt contest. God," my face feels as red as Benjamin's shirt. Amanda Mae snorts.

"I'm not sure what your definition of 'fillin' out' is..." she says just loud enough for us to hear. Tyler turns on her.

"What's your problem?"

"What's my problem? You're the one who dragged me here, jackass." Benjamin has been silent the entire time, but he gives me a small smile like he's sorry. As if he has anything to be sorry about. I roll my eyes as some colorful words are exchanged between the two. I stand up and motion for him to do the same.

"Nice talkin' to you guys," I tell the couple. They're arguing about Amanda Mae's mom now, of all people. Benjamin follows me out the door.

"We didn't pay the check, you know," he remarks once we're outside. Huh. So we didn't.

"I guess that's their problem now."
♠ ♠ ♠
pelican park.
stumble into the sun
Jenna
horrors and demons

y'all are fantastico !

OHSNAP WHAT IS THIS I SEE A SEQUAL MAYHAPS.

idk about you guys, but i really dislike new mibba :/