All We Are

three.

Horrified.

Ivy was absolutely horrified because not only did she cause the incident that caught a lot of attention but she was also in close proximity of Ethan. In his arms to be exact. And as God and everyone in the hall as her witness, she couldn’t have asked for a more horrific moment than this. His clear, green eyes were focused on her and only her. If he never seen her before he certainly got an eye full now.

Ethan’s friend, the girl that Ivy failed to know the name of, was now covered in soup with bits of chicken and noodles stuck to her. It was laughable to Ivy but she withheld her smile. Wade however, didn’t hide his emotions as well as her. She felt no guilt for the mess if it meant Ethan was able to hold her. Nonetheless, Ivy reluctantly moved away from him and instantly missed the comfort he gave her.

“I’m so sorry,” Ivy tried to console the girl. “I slipped, I’m sorry.” The girl gave Ivy an exasperated stare as she tried to clean the soup off her blouse.

“It’s no big deal,” Ethan said to Ivy and for a second she forgotten how to breath. He spoke to her. And for the life of her, Ivy couldn’t put thoughts together to form a proper sentence. All she knew was that Ethan, the boy from her civilization class was speaking to her. Not knowing what else to do, she was prepared to help clean the girl up but luckily Wade spoke up, saving his friend.

“Terribly sorry for the mess but we must get to class,” he lied smoothly before taking Ivy by the arm and leading her out of the dining hall. She gave one last glance at the accident she created and she could only see Ethan’s eyes glued to her. Ivy let a chill run across her skin as she realized he would probably ignore her even more than before.

The possibility was unnerving.