All We Are

four.

How absurd was it to attend a party on a weekday?

Absolutely absurd is what Ivy described it. What she wouldn’t give to be in her dorm listening to Adele and reading a book about a life she could only dream about. That’s how Ivy pictured her Wednesday nights but unfortunately for her, she had friends like Wade.

“Why are you not wasted yet?” Wade slurred as he leaned lazily and drunken in a chair. His eyelids were heavy, hiding his crystal blue eye but he tried desperately to keep them open. Wade’s house was small but had enough room for four people to live in. None of the furniture matched, the dining room table was being used to play beer pong and the wooden floor was covered with broken tortilla chips. Though the house could only fit a handful of people, it was enough space to have a full fledge party.

“I think the consumption of alcohol is needed Wade,” Ivy replied, pushing her raven hair away from her face. She sat stiffly on the couch, next to a guy with dreads and the smell of smoke clinging to him. He was clearly too stoned for life if his vacant stare was anything to go by.

Wade gave Ivy a wide grin, one that made his freckles practically dance across his cheeks, “then drink to your little heart’s desire or until you forget your name.”

Ivy giggled at the idea. Unlike Wade, Ivy was a freshman and new to the college party life. Unlike the others her age who consumed inconspicuous amounts of vodka and tequila, Ivy stuck to tea. She also didn’t go crazy with the freedom she had from being away from home. Then there was Wade, a junior who partied enough for him and Ivy.

Completely aware of the higher than a kit fellow was now sniffing her neck, Ivy made a quick getaway to the kitchen. Here’s the thing about college parties. Anyone shows up whether they’re invited or not. If there is a keg, beer pong and an address, it’s everyone’s favorite spot to be. Wade’s house was currently the spot to be. And just who should Ivy find completely intoxicated and staring directly at her?

It’s not the dean of the students, that’s for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who says you cant party in the middle of the week ?