The Bucket List

Tweetle Twat

Faith’s family was something new to Grace, with her small knit family she couldn’t even begin to imagine what it would be like to have so many brother’s and sister’s.

She looked down at the photo frame’s that littered the fire place, Grace was unsure of what to do while Faith got ready, feeling awkward in this foreign environment.

“Grace honey” Mrs O’ Donnell called as she made her way out of the kitchen, Grace’s head snapped around as she looked up at the older woman who was now stood in the doorway. “Are you staying here for dinner before you and Faith go out?” she asked as Grace bit her lip, unsure of what Faith’s plans were.

“Yeah Mama we’re here for dinner” Faith called as she rushed down stairs, sending her friend a smile as she hastily plaited her hair into two messy pig tails.

“Well Fay, set the table and call your brother’s down, dinner’s almost up” Mrs O’Donnell smiled as she headed back into the kitchen, Faith just shrugged at Grace motioning for her to follow as she headed into the dining room.

“So what are we actually doing tonight?” Grace asked nervously as she watched the blonde begin to pull items out of different cupboard’s setting the table in an alarmingly quick fashion.

There wasn’t time for Faith to reply, as she walked into the kitchen as footsteps rained down the stairs. Grace followed unsure of what to do, she picked up some plate’s that were on the side, mimicking Faith’s actions as she headed back into the dining room, laying them on the table that was slowly beginning to fill up with people.

She starred down at the giant circular dark oak table, unsure of where to sit and not making a fool of herself, slowly beginning to get uncomfortable at the idea of having to face a large amount of people.

A pull on sweatshirt sleeve broke her for her thoughts, startling her for a second as she looked down at the young innocent boy stood in front of her.

“You can sit next to me” he smiled toothily at her, still holding onto her sleeve a he led her around the table and sat down, motioning to the seat next to him.

Grace sent him a small smile, taking the seat as he began to bombard her with questions on all sorts of different topics.

“Oh look Morgy’s got a girlfriend!” a voice squealed as they entered the room, causing the younger boy’s face to redden.

“You just shut your pie hole!” the little boy snapped, jumping to his feet as he glared at the boy that stood ahead of him whose face automatically cracking into a wide smile laughter erupting from his throat at how agitated their little brother were getting.

“Ignore him Morgan, he’s just jealous that his little brother has more game than him” another voice intervened as another boy entered the room. He was much older than Grace but had the same characteristics as the two other boys.

“You wish you had the amount of hotness I have, Sam” The other boy said, running a hand down his body and sending Grace a suggestive wink as Morgan rolled his eyes continuing to chatter to Grace.

“Jake quit embarrassing yourself and leave the poor girl alone, she didn’t come here to hear you being a class a douche” another voice interupted. The whole scene was causing Grace's head to whirl as she tried to match the new faces to the voices.

“Do you have a name, sweetheart?” Jake asked with a wink, collapsing into the seat at the opposite side of the table to her.

“Don’t answer him” the boy who told Jake to leave her alone said, shooting her a small smile as he took a seat to the left of Jake allowing one seat between himself and Grace.

Grace was unsure of what to say or what to do, choosing to stay rooted to her seat, struggling to pay attention to the story Morgan was telling her.

Finally after what seemed like eternity she was rescued from the awkward situation she was placed in after being abandoned by Faith.

“I’m sorry my brother’s are idiots” Faith stated, rolling her eyes at the scene before her as she headed to the table, handing Grace a glass of water as she collapsed into the seat next to her.

Grace just smiled weakly at Faith, unsure of what to say as her mother entered the room, and they all began to eat.

“So Faith have you introduced your friend to your brothers?” Mrs O’Donnell asked as she gave Faith a pointed a look.

“Yeah Faith, aren’t you going to introduce your friend to your lovely brother?” Jake quipped, as Faith just rolled her eyes.

“No Mama, that’s Morgan he’s twelve and is the youngest of the family and the cutest” Faith said in a cheesy voice, leaning over the back of Grace’s chair to squeeze the younger boys cheeks.

“There there’s Noah, wait Ma where is Noah?” Faith asked, looking around the table before turning to her Mom. She sighed, stepping from the table and into the hallway shouting the boy’s name a couple of times before footsteps were heard.

A curly haired boy, a couple of years younger than both Grace and Faith entered the room, he was tall and spindly with longish curly hair that was held into place under a grey beanie hat.

“Gray this is Noah, he’s like a genius seriously he’s only fifteen but his principal’s already called Ma to see if he can advance a few years” Faith bragged as the boy called Nate simply blushed beginning to shovel mash potato into his mouth.

“Then we have Tweetle Twat though my ma calls him Jake instead, the dickwad’s in the family” Faith began with an eye roll, as her Mama just tutted shaking her head at the girl, “He may be 19 but his mental age doesn’t even reach to Morgan’s” she finished as he just glared to her. Like Noah he had curly hair though he didn’t keep his as long as Noah did, just a couple of inches long.

“That sat next to the Jake is Ben, he’s –” Faith stopped short, unsure of what word’s to use to describe her brother

“I’m her twin brother though she doesn’t like to tell people that” Ben said simply with a half smile slinging his arm around Faith's shoulder, he was the one that defended Morgan against Jake’s constant teasing. Unlike the rest of his brother’s he didn’t have curly hair, just short brown hair that contrasted nicely against his tan muscled skin.

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell people he’s my brother but there was this period where girl’s just used to be my friend to try and get to little Benjamin” she said with a little smile to her brother.

“Then finally there is Samuel, he’s the eldest rolling in a twenty one years of age and is well pretty much just Samuel” Faith ended simply as she pointed to the boy that was sat next to him Mama.

“Erm Hi” Grace mumbled with an awkward hand wave as she played with her food, feeling uncomfortable at the minute.

“So Faith, what are you plans for tonight?” Mrs O’Donnell asked, taking note on the awkward atmosphere and quickly changing the subject.

“There’s a BBQ I think” Faith stated with a simple shrug “Ben’s going to give us a lift down and Sammy said he’d get me some booze” she finished sending her brothers a smile.

“Is Jared going to be there?” Mrs O’Donnell asked, a hard look on her face, as Faith nodded rolling her eyes “Well as long as he is going to be there to look after you, I’m okay with you going”

The rest of the meal was filled with conversation from the rest of the family, Morgan telling his mom what he did in his day camp, then Sam talking about his boring day at work.

“Grace...let’s go take you to my room, freshen you up a little?” Faith suggested, startling Grace by pulling her up from her seat and dragging her up the stairs.

Faith’s room was very different from Piper’s and from Grace. While Grace’s was very minimalist, not bothering to make much of it since it will only last her for a summer, Piper’s was the complete opposite. It was bright and messy, showing her personality and how lived in the room was. Faith’s on the other hand was feminine and neat, everything lined up in its correct place.

“Now Gray, don’t take this the wrong way but you’re a little bit over dressed” Faith started, biting her lip as she surveyed her outfit, taking in the floral dress that hung on her figure.

“Ohh” Grace muttered, running a hand through her hair, unsure of what to do “Shall I go home and change?” She suggested as Faith just waved her off.

“No need, I’m sure I have something to lend you” she smiled, turning to open her wardrobe door, the mess inside shocking Grace from the contrast to the rest of the room.

Grace sat on the edge of the chair starring at the dressing table, unsure of what to do as she waited for Faith to finish rummaging through the wardrobe.

“Here we are” she called, crawling out of the space, clothing crumpled up in her hand, Faith headed to the bed, gently laying out each item.

Grace stood up walking to the bed, her hands reaching out to pick up the soft acid wash denim shorts, carefully she picked them up, pulling her dress over her head leaving her stood there in her underwear, hoping for the shorts to fit and to not leave her embarrassed.

Slowly she put them on, sliding them up her legs, her fingers shaking as she reached across to button them up, a sigh escaping her lips as they fit across her hips.

She held back a smile as she reached forward grabbing the light grey v-neck top and pulling it onto her small frame. Once done she turned to Faith with a smile.

“How do I look?” She asked quietly as Faith just beamed down at her.

“Stunning babe, now let me just grab a few things and we can go” Faith began, turning to the closed door and grabbing a bag, before heading to the desk, grabbing items before chucking them carelessly into her bag, before turning to Grace with a smile motioning to the door.

Faith headed to the door opposite her’s, knocking on it once before walking in one hand over her eyes.

“Ben, you ready to go?” Faith asked, still shielding her face as her brother her rolled his eyes as he walked out of his, room shoving Faith out before shutting the door.

The walk though the house and into the car was filled with playful bickering, Ben and Faith trying to out tease each other by telling Grace embarrassing stories about the other.

Someone who she thought was Tim was chasing Pat around the fire, a lion head mask adorning his head. Grace couldn’t help but laugh, wondering whether to be scared of the fact that everyone seems to be out of his head.

Grace headed to the food, picking up a plate and ladling some potato salad onto it before grabbing a plastic spoon. She took a bit, her taste dancing in delight, she turned around continuing to watch the scene before her, chuckling as the lion head man cornered Pat into a car tree, a scared look adorning the poor boys face.

“Having fun?” a voice asked next to her, she turned a smile forming as she looked at the giant stood next to her.

“Yeah, are you John?” she asked, taking another bite, internally moaning at the heavenly taste, them both gazing at the crowd.

“Yeah, is everything okay with you Grace?” He asked carefully, not wanting to hit a nerve, Grace opened her mouth to protest but he cut her off “Bailey’s worried about you, you know. She thinks’ your avoiding her, which I obviously know is not true because the Grace I know doesn’t avoid people” he finished with a simple smile, completely stunning Grace into silence, as he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
bit of a filler.