The Bucket List

Goodbye.

The week had flown by and now it was time for the boys to leave on their tour and for Piper and Faith to embark on the holiday of a life time.

“I’ll see you in two weeks right?” Bailey asked, her eyes glistening as she looked down at her younger cousin trying to hold back her tears, Grace just smiled wide nodding her head as Bailey pulled her into a tight hug not wanting to let her go.

“Bay...Bails...Bailey you need to let go now so I can say bye to everyone else” Grace chocked out, her hand rubbing Baileys back as she loosened her hold, wiping her tears away with the back of her wrist. John waltzed over, sighing at the state his girlfriend was getting herself in, offering Grace a smile and a tight hug before turning to comfort Bailey.

Grace smiled at the sight, happy that her cousin has someone to love her and treat her like a princess. She turned on her heel slipping her hand in her pockets as she walked to the rest of the group.

“Baby Whore” Faith cheered, running towards Grace who laughed chuckling slightly as she ran towards Faith jumping on her wrapping her legs tightly around her waist as Faith waddled her back towards her bags and Piper.

“Faith put her down before you drop her” Ben called from where he stood with the guys as Faith turned to pout at her brother, choosing to ignore his command and walking the rest of the way before squeezing Grace tighter to her before sighing and setting her down.

“She’s my little Baby Gracie Pie!” she stated her pout still evident on her face. Piper stood next to the blonde immediately pulling the brunette into a tight hug.

“Faith, Piper have a good time on holiday! But remember no sleeping with strange men and in strange places. You’re both taken!” Grace laughed waggling her finger at the other to girls who just rolled their eyes, but the three of them knew that they wouldn’t let themselves ruin their relationships not for a one night love. She gave the girls another smile and a hug each before walking towards the boys, her throat beginning to tighten slightly.

“Hey guys” she mumbled with a wave, unsure of who to speak to first or what to say, Pat made the first move as he stepped in front of her opening his hand to show her a brightly coloured woven bracelet which her then tied around her wrist, giving her a small smile.

“Oh Patty” she began her throat tightening as he just gave her a small smile pulling her into a hug, “I didn’t get you anything” she mumbled against his soft brown hair, he just chuckled mumbling that he didn’t expect anything from her just her friendship.

“I’ll see you when we get back and we will watch Harry Potter, right?” He questioned, his eyebrows furrowing until she nodded instead being replaced with a warm smile.

“Of course Pat, a promise is a promise. But remember you in America” she said as they laughed the tension automatically lifting in the air.

“Kenny” Grace exclaimed as she jumped into his arms “You look after my Pattycakes, alright?” Grace demanded as she stepped back hands on her hips as she gave him her meanest stare, he retorted by rolling his eyes and ruffling her hair.

“Take care of yourself Gray” He mumbled as he kissed her temple, she just nodded a small smile playing on her lips as they walked away to the girls leaving Grace with Garrett.

He looked at her unsure of what to say or what to do; Grace didn’t know either leaving the two in an uncomfortable staring match. Grace stepped forward, lifting her arms slightly the only invitation he needed to wrap his strong arms tightly around her frame.

Grace allowed her eyes to flutter shut, taking a deep breath as she breathed in the smell of home. Neither wanted to let go, instead wanting to choose to leave in this moment where neither one of them had to leave without the other but they both knew that was going to happen.

“Two week’s isn’t long” Garrett mumbled into her hair, pulling her even tighter against him, she shook her head slightly not daring to try and open her mouth and speak “and if anything happens or you need me just call I’ll be on the first plane back Gray because you come first, alright?” he continued, pulling away slightly so he could lean his forehead against hers, she just nodded pulling away with a small smile.

“I need to say bye to Jared, Tim and Max” she mumbled with a small smile as he chuckled, bending down slightly allowing her the chance to leap onto her back, she obliged wrapping her legs tightly around his slim torso as they walked towards everyone else.

In less than fifteen minutes everyone had said goodbye to those that they were leaving behind her, Piper and Faith already on their way to the airport for a holiday they would never forget. Everyone else was having one last chance for a quick hug before they were shouted into the van needing to leave in order to make it to the next venue.

“Any time Gray, remember that, even if you just have a headache I want to know” Garrett told her again, giving her hand a tight squeeze as she nodded shooing him onto the bus with a smile, Bailey weeping in the front seat next to a worried John.

“I love you Bay” Grace called sending her cousin one last smile as the van pulled out of the car park and down the street, she stood there for a moment watching the van slip slowly out of sight as she released the breathe she didn’t know she was holding on.

“Need a ride?” A voice asked behind her, she turned to see Ben stood next to his car; she nodded following him as they headed home.

“So what are you going to do for the next two weeks?” Ben asked her, indicating to turn down her street and stopping outside her house. She sat there for a moment gathering her thoughts as she only just realised that she had nothing planned at all.

“I don’t know, I might go home for a week or something, I just miss my brother and my parents” she said with a simple shoulder shrug as Ben gave her a disbelieving looked at her “I really do miss Russ! We were always close I’ve never spent this much time away from my family, what about you?” she finished a small smile pulling at her lips

“I’m on Morgan watched, you know he really like’s you he thinks that you may be his first girlfriend” he told her with a laugh as she swatted at him.

“Morgan is lovely he would be any girl’s dream boyfriend” Grace told Ben with a small smile as he just rolled his eyes waving at her as she climbed out of his car.

The house was silence and it just felt uncomfortable and wrong, Grace took this as a sign to go home and in under twenty minutes she had everything packed and in the boot of her car. She sat there in the driver’s seat for a moment, looking at the house in front of her before nodding slightly and heading back home.

The drive home was nice and quiet the gentle hum of her CD collection playing in the background giving her mind a chance to relay all the wonderful memories she had collected over the last few week. Pulling into a gas station she smiled knowing now that there was only thirty minutes or so left until she got to her see family again.

She got out filling her tank before heading into the shop singing softly under her breath as she debated between pretzels or chips; she glanced over her shoulder looking at a mother losing a battle against her two young kids that weren’t happy with the ice cream choices she was giving them.

Grace turned back, grabbing the pretzels before turning to the cooler next to the family leaning into quickly grab a bottle of water without getting in the way of the argument. Finally she headed to the cashier smiling at the teenager boy that was bickering at the girl that was stood behind him refilling the cigarette display.
“Number 4 and these please” she requested pushing her items a little further on the counter smiling at the young boy who began ringing them up, still arguing with the girl about what was better Star Wars of Harry Potter.

Grace pivoted on her heel glancing around the small store taking everything in, the young family stood still bickering and the mysterious man in the black coat mumbling to his self on the candy aisle not taking in everything around them.

“$43.95 please, Miss” The cashier interrupted causing her to turn round as she pulled out her wallet offering him her card which he began to process.

Grace smiled a thanks to the young boy as he bagged her items before handing them, she left the store sending one last look towards the bickering children before returning back to her car.

Grace sighed softly, rubbing a hand on her temple as the headache began to form behind her eyes causing it to hurt to strain her sight. She knew she should stop driving but she was so close to home so what would another few miles hurt.

Slowly she put the car in gear, turning out of the gas station and onto the road, winding her window down to allow some air in to try and soothe and calm her down.

The sights were getting familiar, childhood memories dotted around the small time reminding her of past memories, good and bad, from a time that seemed so long ago.

Grace hummed along to the music from one of the CD’s John had made her playing softly in the background, her fingers gently tapping on the steering wheel to the beat, as she turned a corner her bag fell off the passenger seat hitting the floor, her phone began ringing minutes later.

She sighed, reaching down while trying to maintain control of her car while fishing around on the floor for her phone, finally making contact and answering it before being deafened by the sound of a horn. Everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters left. Comment?