The Bucket List

Criminal Minds.

Grace lay in her room for the rest of the night; her room was the same as it was last summer when she had visited Rissa and her step cousin Bailey.

The last summer she had visited Arizona, Grace was out basking in the sun, she had always been close to her cousin Bailey, and her friend’s living life to the fullest in the summer haze. But that was year’s ago.

The boy known as Halvo was also staying at the house, who she found out was actually her Aunt Rissa’s godson and had moved in when his mum died.

For one thing Halvo wasn’t his real name it was actually Eric Halvorsen. He played in a band, whose multiple members Rissa told her would often be around for band practice, which she kindly let them use her garden as a space to keep their equipment.

The girl hadn’t spoken much to Halvo either, for one the only thing he knew about her was that her name was Grace, she was Bailey’s step-cousin and she had been to Arizona before. When he saw her the next morning, she sat at the breakfast bar clad in dark jeans and a long sleeved white v-neck, hair pulled in a pony tail, her creamy skin seeming much lighter in contrast to the dark circles that shadowed her emerald eyes.

After having a conversation with Halvo about when Bailey was coming home from visiting her dad’s parents, Grace headed into the bathroom to make she look decent for her first full day in Arizona. As she stepped out of the bathroom and into the light green room, she screamed, almost dropping her towel in shock.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM” She shrieked, her voice croaking not being used to this volume, clutching the lime green towel tightly to her body.

“WHA- SHIT. ERIC IM GONNA KILL YOU!” The copper haired boy screamed high tailing it out of the room, leaving the flustered girl behind.

She quickly pulled on the same jeans and shirt as before, brushing her hair out messily before heading downstairs to the noise of the argument.

“ERIC YOU DID WHAT?” Rissa roared, glaring up at the teenage boy who’s cheeks where flushing. A group of boys stood around them in a circle, as though watching a bar fight, snickering at Eric’s embarrassment.

“But Mama Rissa, it was funny, I didn’t think he would actually stay in there” Eric whined in retaliation as the red faced copper haired boy stood behind him.

“Apologize. NOW.” Rissa stated, hands firmly on her hips before heading back into the kitchen muttering about boys and their stupid actions.

“Garrett I’m sorry” he said turning to the boy, the girl cleared her throat, trying to get past a really tall boy that was blocking the stairs. The name stirred her memory slightly, like she remembered the name or the boy.

Everyone turned to the girl, confusion on their face.

“WHO ARE YOU?” A boy shouted, his long hair, knotted around his shoulder, big brown eyes peering up at her, he resembled an adorable puppy dog.

“Grace” she spoke quietly, her soft tone floating around the room.

“Grace as in Bailey’s cousin and one of our best friends from two years ago?” the long haired boy shrieked, Grace nodded slightly now recognizing the face’s slightly, noting how they changed. “IT’S ME, PAT, YOU’RE BESTFRIENDS! Remember me?” the boy continued to shriek, jumping in the air and skipping over to her, wrapping his arms around her, hugging her tightly.

“Of course I remember you Pattycakes” Chuckling slightly as the memories of the summer flooded back into Grace’s mind.

“Well you probably don’t recognize everyone because they’ve all changed because they weren’t born as sexy as me! So that’s Kennedy: he smells like coconuts but he doesn’t like Criminal Minds. We used to bully him about it because Reid is amazing! Then next to him is John: he makes the best pancakes, but don’t eat any of his other cooking, he’s kind of gone crappy since you went home. Behind him is Jared: he is good at making people feel better, but he hasn’t got a soul because he is ginger, you used to talk to him when you we’re home sick. Sat on the floor is Nick: He has soft hair but also is soul-less, you’ve never met him though because he isn’t as cool as you. Then finally there Garrett: he was your bestest friend ever, but he’s seen you in a towel and he’s trying to replace me” Pat said, pulling in a breath at the end of his long speech, pulling Grace in front of each person as he practically gave her a fact file on them.

“Wow.” Grace muttered her eyes widening as she took everything in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? I'm up to chapter 6 and the story is really starting to flow. if you comment youll get updates faster :)