Status: Just starting, bare with me! =)

Double Vision

Chapter 1

"Ouch!" I said just above a whisper, as I jumped off the cold, metal fence that cut the soft palms of my hands.

I didn't want them to find me, so either I ran, or I sat there and felt sorry for myself. My feet hit the pavement, and I felt gratefull I'd remembered to wear my all-black outfit.

"She's over here!" I heard one of them yell.

Oh no, he's found me!

I ran as fast as my legs would let me, but there was four of them, and one of me. I thought about just dropping the bag and forgetting about the whole thing, but I'd gone too far for that. I was in too deep to just abandon ship.

I had no trouble outrunning the heavy and older men, but it was my conscious that kept me from dashing into the old hideaway, grab a gun, and shoot them all dead, like last time.

My feet scurried to a quick change direction and turn the corner, and guided me to the secret opening. I got down on all fours and hid myself behind the passage disguised by vines and simple darkness.

I watched cautiously as the four men ran past my hiding spot, grunting and groaning, confused about where I'd gone.

I was so caught up in the moment I unknowingly stuck my tiny head covered with long blond hair out just a tad too far. A scrawny member of the team looked over and saw me. His eyes lit up and he looked so proud of himself that he'd found the little teenager who stole their shit.

I just kept looking at him and made my look of last resort, the seductive one. I only used that card when I was really in deep trouble. I'd stolen the bag of money from the weed they'd sold, and sent them on such a tiring search in the middle of the night. I doubted he would let me get away with this one.

I licked my lips and kept watching him, hoping he wouldn't rat me out, and luckily he smiled. The leader turned around and saw what his partner was staring, and poof I crawled as fast as I could through the dark passage that led to my 'tree-house.'

"What the hell, John?" the leader scolded his partner that let me off the hook.

He quick gave him a punch in the stomach and proceeded to chase me in the teeny way.

Since I was used to traveling this path and I was fairly thin, I easily guided through the way, while the three men, John still recovering from the punch, had more difficulty.

"Get back here, bitch!" one of them screamed, panting.

I just kept going, attempting to avoid any obstacles.

Just as I thought I was going to caught and beat to death, I saw the door!

I smiled and picked up the pace. I finally could get up, and I my knees screamed from being brushed against concrete for so long. I quickly opened the heavy steal door, and shut it. I locked all four locks immediately, not daring to waste a minute. Inside my chamber was a variety of weapons from brass knuckles, to knives, to guns. I grabbed a knife and stuck it in my belt, and one of my faster, quieter guns in my hand. Also in my chamber, was a pantry full of canned food and bottled water, a weeks worth of clothes, a makeshift bathroom, and a bed just in case I was in here for a while.

The men began banging on the door, but ceased when their fists began to hurt.

"Give me the money, fool!" one of the men demanded.

I walked over to the door and said, "Am I really the fool?"

I laughed and opened up my new bag full of neat stacks of hundreds.

Suckers.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
Tell me in a comment, and stick around for the good stuffs! :)