Status: Complete

Nobody Said It Was Easy

Raxacoricofallapatorians

* * *


It was because of 9/11 that Jack enrolled into the military that year. He remembered after that day he wanted more than anything to receive justice for his brother and his country. Whoever did wrong was going to pay and he was going to do anything to get that repayment.

Jack ended up serving the United States Military for 15 strong years, until he was accepted a job as the Captain of the United States Time Agency. At the time he had no idea what the Time Agency even was, nor did he understand why he had never even heard of it before. All Jack knew was that he was assigned to this job to stop 9/11 from happening.

He was told 9/11 was caused by the aliens Raxacoricofallapatorian from the planet Raxacoricofallapatorius. They attempted to seize control of the United States government in an effort to start a nuclear war and it worked. They caused the United States government to go into a deep depression, the worst economic crisis since the 1930s’. Leaving the United States helpless as they had no money to protect themselves against the nuclear war. This was the reason Jack was going back in time to stop 9/11 from happening.

“Captain Jack Harkness? Captain Jack! Jack hello?” A scaly blue woman called out. Jack turned his head and saw his colleague Koyi standing in front of his desk with her hands on her hips, wondering what he has been doing all day.

Jack sat up and lifted his head off of his desk, “Yes Koyi?”

"We are beginning to travel back to New York City on September 10th, 2001 in a few minutes," She began. "And Zeke would like a word with you in the central control station.”

“Okay, thank you Koyi.”

“You’re welcome Jack.”

He sat up from his desk; he knew that they would have to come up with a plan before tomorrow. In order to be prepared to stop 9/11 from happening there cannot be any mistakes, it is said traveling back in time more than once can damage the universe. As Jack reached the doors to the central control station he inhaled deeply, pressing his hand onto the identification scanner. He was nervous; Zeke was the only person to make him feel this way. Jack was always confident, he liked people and people liked him. But he never loved someone as much as he loved Zeke in his 1,025 years of working with many colleagues.

When the doors opened, Jack walked over to Zeke with a smile.

"Hello Jack," Sona smiled, turning her chair to look over at Jack.

"Hey Sona," Jack continued. "Koyi just told me we're close to New York City."

"Yeah, we're landing in a few minutes. We hit Earth hours ago. Didn't Koyi tell you? I told her to tell you," Zeke said before Sona could speak to Jack again. Zeke looked away from his controls to look over at Jack, avoiding Sona.

"No. I was sleeping."

"It's stress I bet. Going back to a time like that has to mess you up," Zeke told him.

"May Zeke and I speak privately please Jax, Min, and Sona?" Jack asked the rest of his colleagues managing the central control station with Zeke.