Status: Complete

Nobody Said It Was Easy

The Battle of Galactica

"Of course Jack," All three of them said together as they nodded and left the room.

Once the room got quiet Jack continued, "I lost my brother to 9/11, he was working in the Empire State building as the third spaceship crashed into it. And months after my mother killed herself because my father left her and she couldn't handle it anymore." He was always strong, but this time he finally broke. Jack never told anyone about his family, no one knew his brother had died on 9/11 or that it killed his family. All Jack wanted to do was to stop 9/11 from happening; it was a chance for him to get his family back.

"Jack I promise you that you will get your family back and 9/11 will cease to exist," Zeke smiled, grabbing a hold of Jack's hand.

"Thanks Zeke, I love you."

"I love you too Jack."

They both smiled and turned their heads over to begin a plan on how to prevent 9/11 from happening tomorrow. "How about we just shoot the spaceships down?" Zeke suggested, failing to come up with any better ideas.

"Do you believe we can take on three highly advanced extraterrestrial spaceships?"

"Jack with you as our captain, of course I think we can," Zeke confessed.

"You're just being modest."

"No I'm not, I'm just telling the truth."

"Just because I was there on 9/11 doesn't make me the best," Jack told Zeke.

"You've been alive for 1,043 years; you're the only immortal person from Earth. So of course I think you're the best of the best. I know we can do this because of you."

"We're 1,017 years apart. Doesn't that freak you out a bit?" Jack asked, as he got completely off topic. Jack could not believe how many years were between them, he was very old compared to his colleagues. He has been living since 1983 while Zeke was born in 3000, only 26 years ago.

"I don't care Jack, I love you. And age isn't going to change that," Zeke continued, "Anyways how are we going to take down these spaceships?"

"I think we should use missiles and our four corner pods we haven't used since the Battle of Galactica. The Raxacoricofallapatorians will be defenseless because we will have advanced technology from the 3000s'," Jack explained.