Status: Complete

Nobody Said It Was Easy

Pick-Me-Up

"I'm sorry, Sona, I have to do this."

"Fine," Sona said letting go of Jack. She backed away from him and gave him one last look before she left the central control station. Jack watched her as she left still in tears.

Minutes later Jack also left the central control station to dwell alone in his office. After Jack's colleagues came back to the spaceship from touring New York City, Koyi came back into Jack's office. "Hey, Jack, I got you some peezah!"

"Thanks, Koyi, but it's called pizza," He smiled as she set the box in front of him.

"Oh well, you're welcome. I thought you needed a pick-me-up after all of that fighting."

After Jack took a bite out of a slice of pizza he said, "I do miss pizza." Koyi ignored him, looking around his office with her hands behind her back. She was worried. "Is everything alright Koyi?"

"No, Jack. I'm scared."

"Why is that?"

"Sona told me what will happen if we do this plan tomorrow."

"More than a million lives will be saved if we do this Koyi."

"I know, I know. But nothing will be the same either."

"Raxacoricofallapatorians will never have attacked your planet Ryloth and you wouldn't be drafted for the Time Agency. So you will be able to live with your family in peace."

"Really?" She became a little brighter.

"Yes. Anything the Raxacoricofallapatorians did after 9/11 will never happen."

"My planet shall be saved then, so we must go through with the plan."

"Of course."

"Thanks Jack, for everything," Koyi smiled as she skipped out of his office.