Passed Out on Your Lawn

Going down

"I can't believe he's being such an ass," Max glared angrily at my sheets.

I thought to myself quietly in hopes I could resolve this fast, as if it could be so simple. I didn't understand how Ronnie could react this way after I'd spent so long convincing myself of the things I'd told him earlier.

"I don't know if he's really upset or he's just trying to be a dick but you guys are friends and I don't want to come between you," I said slowly, looking down and pawing at the ends of my hair nervously.

"What are you saying?" Max questioned and I could see him looking at me in my peripheral. "You're not breaking up with me are you?" his tone was heartbreaking.

"No," I whimpered pathetically and looked up, "I don't want that. I just don't want to cause shit that’s all," the idea of us breaking up was too much to even consider.

"Good. It took long enough to get you, I don't want it to be over, especially so soon," he came across the bed and pulled me into his arms. "I won't let him do this to us."

And there was me metaphorically stuck in the middle of the most adorable guy in the world and his best friend.

Ronnie had been good to me but I never really liked him more than a friend. It seemed obvious that was the case by the way I acted towards him. I wasn't inviting anything but I felt mean to push him away so didn't. The way Max was almost from the start felt so comfortable, so right, we just clicked. We were never really awkward but I felt so awkward every time Ronnie came near me, I'm not sure why.

"This does need dealing with though, I'm not sure it'll go away on it's own," I said quietly, snuggling into Max.

"We'll see what happens when I see him. I'm not gonna start a fight right now though I probably should," he replied with something hinting amusement.

"You probably should not," I quipped and smiled, "that could exacerbate things and you know it."

"Don't use big words," he whined.

"It means make shit worse."

**

It had been a few weeks and Ronnie had cooled off though avoided speaking to me at all costs. But I had bigger fish to fry.

"Mom seriously I don't look good in bright colours. Why can't I have the dark purple one?" I'd been pleading, protesting and reasoning (well trying to) since Mom began this whole wedding planning shit.

"You know what? Fine! I'm done with this argument. Wear death paint or whatever it is, I don't care!" she huffed.

"I think you mean corpse paint, I'm not in a black metal band, Mom. Please see the good side to this, it's not a big change and if I'm happy you're happy, right?" obviously my tactics sucked but what's a girl meant to do when she's being stuffed into a lavender monstrosity for a church full of strangers to see? Strangers to me not the happy couple.

Mom sat back down, sipped her tea and became calm again. "Ok, here's what we're gonna do...you can have it in your shade but its staying this style and you're going up the aisle first." she decided coolly.

I processed her statement and nodded. "Fine." I'd won the right to wear an almost black dress- Go me!

**

“So how did it go?” Max asked when our moms and I arrived back from the wedding planners office.

“We got a fair bit done,” Sandra shrugged, resonating optimism.

“Yes and I’m exhausted,” My mom sat down on the sofa trying to keep composure but it wasn't entirely working.

Max sent me the same question in a silent look to which I nodded and grinned proudly.

“Oh go on you two,” Sandra spoke, grabbing my attention from Max pulling funny face across the kitchen.

“Huh?” I looked blankly at her.

“You two go upstairs. I think you’ve had enough of us. I’ll call when dinners ready,” she said.

“Ok!” Max and I raced off, not needing to be told twice.

“No funny business either or there’ll be trouble,” Sandra called after us.

Max chased me up the stairs and I almost skidded to a halt outside his door, “I win!” I grinned.

“Nah, I win,” he picked me up and pushed the door open while I giggled and was thrown on his bed.

My mouth formed a small ‘o’ shape before I smiled.
“Technically I still win cause I got here first,” I stuck my tongue out.

“Only with my help,” he answered and jumped on me.

“Pretty sure we only just got told to behave,” I smirked while wrapping my arms and legs around him.

“Yeah but that’s no fun,” he nuzzled into my neck then trailed kisses to my mouth which made me tingle.

“You need distracting,” I smirked.

“Nothing could distract me from you.”

His grip on my loosened as I reciprocated and fell at his touch. I wanted to go as far as possible so badly but something was stopping me. I wasn’t completely sure it was right though we both clearly wanted it and I trusted him. Usually the thing stopping me from doing things was the thought of my mothers disappointment but there’s no way she’d find out.
I decided to distract him.

“You’re going down with me you know,” I whispered and smiled to myself.

“Huh?” Max’s eyes went wide as he stared at me.

“This wedding,” I grinned, “I gotta go up the aisle first, I consider that going down really, and I’m taking you with me.”

“Are you being serious?” he sighed.

“Yup,” I popped and continued smiling.

“Only for you, anyone else and it would not be happening.”

“Awh thanks,” I winked and kissed him.

The kiss deepened and we were back to square one. Breathing became pretty difficult for me as the minutes flew by. I tugged his hair a little and a moan escaped him as he pulled me closer than close.

“Max! Dakota! Dinners ready!” Sandra called.

We groaned in exasperation.

How was that so fast,” Max complained. “You better go down, I’ll be there in a second.”

“Uh…ok,” I smacked my lips together and jumped off the bed, “Sure?”

“Yeah I’ll be right down.”

I left the room and realised why he’d sent me off and giggled to myself, ‘Yeah I didn’t imagine that, I so felt it,' my internal monologue spoke in hilarity of our heated episode.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have faith that nobody needs reminding of what happens to excited boys.
I'n sorry that wasn't brilliant and also that between another two or three chapters this will end. That just means I can start the bitchin' sequel though, thats all =D
Big thanks to all readers and subscribers andddd
HunterAtMidnight
karen's evil twin
Queen Obscene
iMusic-Freak
and ElegantFalcon
You guys are ace ^_^