Passed Out on Your Lawn

Maybe it’s fixed

My heart felt heavy when I awoke and it took a few seconds to realise why. I turned over and found Max still sound asleep facing me with his eyeliner smudged. The thought didn’t have to enter my mind but a tear slipped across my cheek at the pang, which hit my heart. How could I be without him?

“What’cha doin’?” he mumbled unexpectedly.

“Nothin’” I whispered and closed my eyes tightly.

He pulled me across the bed into his arms and held me securely against him.

“I love you,” I squeaked trying not to cry.

“I love you too, so much,” he replied and kissed me briefly.

‘Get a grip, stop crying over nothing’ my mind scolded.

“What time have you got work?” I asked softly.

“I don’t want to go to work,” he whined immaturely.

“Too bad, you gotta. Jobs pay the bills. I’ll go fix breakfast soon,” I pulled myself out of bed against Max’s will and shuffled down to the kitchen to make coffee.

I sipped mine while heading back upstairs and left Max’s cup next to the bed while I hopped in the shower. By the time I finished my beverage I was dressed ready. I then threw some bread in the toaster while I did my makeup in the kitchen.

“Are we gonna talk about last night then?” Max asked, sitting down at the table.

“There isn’t much to talk about. You don’t like what I’m doing, I do, we disagree, big deal,” I shrugged not caring for round two.

“Well what are we gonna do about it?” he pressed, tiredly searching my face for answers.

“Well…I’m performing whether you like it or not. You always told me not to let anyone stop
me from doing something I feel is important,” I sighed.

“Irony biting me in the ass huh,” he smirked and looked at the table.

“Come with me,” I suggested.

Max stared at me with confusion decorating his face.

“When I do the show, come with me. It’ll only be for an hour anyway,” I explained a little clearer.

“Ok,” he nodded slowly.

“It won’t even be an hour really cause there’s like ten of us to cover that slot. I’ll be five – ten minutes.”

The more he thought about it the more he eased up and smiled a little.

“Now, do you want me to butter your toast?” I grinned as the toasted bread popped up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short and well kinda shit but I've been writing all day [I write then type it up just because] and I'm part way through typing the next bit up but its gone 1AM and I've been at harsh pole practise myself today and I'm fucking shattered. The next chapter will be up tomorrow eve maybe even the one after that, I should hav the energy to do it all.
Thanks for my comments, I'll do shout outs and a proper announcement tomorrow. Love you guys!