Passed Out on Your Lawn

Bad blood

Ronnie rolled his eyes and continued laughing at me while I glared daggers and decided to punch his shoulder as hard as I could in hopes that he would shut the fuck up.

“Hey!” his laughing subsided and he pouted at me.

“Put me back in the game…and apologise,” I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

“And if I don’t?” Ronnie smirked.

“Then I’ll leave,” I tried to threaten.

“And why would I care?” he countered airily.

“Lets face it, I’m cool and you’d rather have me here than not,” I rolled my eyes and pulled out fake self-confidence.

“You’re goin’ nowhere bitchhh,” he grabbed my left wrist and spun me all the way around then held me against him.

“Hey asshole! Get off!” I demanded.

“Nah,” he shook his head and picked up his drink while I struggled, which was futile because he was obviously so much stronger than I.

“Give it a rest you guys,” Robert shook his head.

‘Why the hell is everyone getting so personal with me…well except Robert?’ I thought to myself, ‘This is weird.’

That’s when Bryan came running out with a loaded water gun and attacked us all.

“Aw fuck!” I grimaced.

“My hair!” before I registered it Ronnie had dived under the table like a little girl.

Well…I was in stitches at the sight. Bryan was cackling like a madman and continued to empty the tank on us but I didn’t care.

“Take this,” SLAP I turned around to find Robert slap Bryan with uncooked bacon, the moisture caused it to stick to his face and my laughter could simply not dull.

I heard a phone ringing off in the distance.

“Shit,” Ronnie slid out from under the table and dashed inside.

It then dawned on me that nobody else was home. I finished my drink while Bryan and Robert bickered over bacon and I realised what drunk must feel like.

“Dakota,” Ronnie caught me from my daydream as he came from the back door with a towel in hand.

“S’up?” I smiled towards him.

“Your mom called and says she wants you home,” he passed me the towel, “Dry off and I’ll drive you.”

“Oh,” this news displeased me as I was having a good time.
I took the towel and rubbed my skin and hair dry, “You can’t drive, you’ve been drinking,” I pointed out.

“Nope, you guys have, I haven’t,” Ronnie tossed the now damp towel on the counter inside the kitchen, “I planned on driving everyone home,” he smiled. “Come on ladies, haul ass.”

We all did as instructed. Bryan was dropped off at his home first then Robert before Ronnie and I pulled up outside my place and he killed the engine.

“I think your mom wants to see me…” he said with uncertainty.

“Oh, ok cool,” I nodded and climbed out.

What the hell is going on?

“Dude, do you know something I don’t? What did my mom say before?” I questioned before we reached the front door.

“She just said she wanted you to come home cause she’s going out and she wanted to speak to me,” he explained.

“The fuck?” I muttered to myself.

I opened the front door and led us both inside.

“Mom? We’re here,” I called.

When we got to the living room she was on the couch looking all business.

“Hello,” Mom smiled and eyed us.

“What’s goin’ on?” I queried.

“I just wanted you home while I was gone, honey,” she replied innocently.

“Why do I have to be home? I was perfectly fine at Ronnie’s with him and the guys,” the feeling that laws and rules were about to be slammed down upon me really ticked me off.

“Dakota don’t argue with me. If I say you are to be here then you will be here. Its ok if you want Ronnie and Max over but I want you here, ok?” her tone was taking on a whole new meaning of strict.

“What’s goin’ on, Mom? You’re never like this,” my brows furrowed and I stepped closer to Ronnie, I felt pushed away from Mom as her cold words hit me.

“Nothing is going on. I’m going out. See you later,” she said wistfully and got to her feet.

“And where are you going? When will you be back?” I snapped.

My mom glared hatefully, her mouth moved but nothing came out.

“You know what, I don’t care!” I snarled and stormed off.

“Dakota!” she yelled.

“Fuck off,” that was something I’d never said to her but I was so angry as I stomped up the staircase.

“Can you calm her down please?” I barely heard her words in my furious mood.

I’ll bet anything that she’s got some new boyfriend and he’s made her do this. Was that quick of me to judge? Probably but its also true.

“Dakota?” Ronnie called my name softly as he slipped into my room and closed the door.

“If you’re gonna side with her you can fuck off right now,” I spat.

“Will you listen to me for one second?” his gentle voice questioned.

“I’m not promising anything,” I growled and pulled my knees up to my chin as I sat on my bed.

“You sounded a little crazy back there but she sounded a little off too,” Ronnie paused…bad place to pause.

“I’m not having her bring some new asshole into my life to strangle me with rules which I don’t even need! I’m almost sixteen and until I met you guys all I ever did was get insulted by my friends, dragged around by them and sit home when they didn’t need me. I’ve done nothing wrong the entire time I had shitty friends and now I’m actually going out and enjoying myself I need a leash? She doesn’t even know we drink so she’s got no reason to pull this shit! I rambled my side out.

“Ok so you think this is what’s gonna happen? That you’ll get curfews and shit and that’s why you’re upset?” Ronnie continued his low calm voice.

“I don’t like rules,” I shook my head.

“Its really not that bad. She’s trying to keep you safe,” he said.

“Right fuck off. I don’t need this.” I shot to my feet instantly, angry that he didn’t understand.

“Dakota, you’re overreacting. Will you just chill out for a second?” he pleaded.

“I don’t like rules. They are unnecessary!” my voice shook, I just wanted him to get it.

“Ok, you’re right. They’re not necessary,” he agreed.

“She only got like this when she was about to marry last time. It wasn’t even long ago. I don’t see how relationships work and I don’t think she does either! Surely you’re not supposed to fall in and out of love every few years. Sometimes its months!” tears began to leak through as my emotional barrier burst.
Hell I didn’t know Ronnie very well and this was probably the worst thing to do but I was gonna break whether he stuck around or not.

“Her last husband fucking died like not even a year ago! Sure I want her to be happy but how can this be realistic? Its insane!” by now I’d dropped back down and clutched a pillow.

“There’s no hope for me if this is the example I have.”

“Wow, wow, it’s ok,” Ronnie pulled me towards him where I curled up in his lap and wept like a spoiled brat.

“Shhh,” he rocked me gently and stroked my hair, “You’ll be fine,” he whispered.

My heart had decided and I knew my mom was about to drop another ‘M’ bomb on me soon, all I had to do was try and establish some reasonable boundary before it happened. I couldn’t do anything until I’d cooled off with the hysterics though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok...that was kinda pants but my head has been allover the place with sexxi men being my ruin...yeah that old chestnut. Anyways I really wanted to get something out for you guys and this is for BringSammyTheHorizon as she requested Ronnie to fill in Max's void [thankyou for responding to my question!]
As usual big thanks to everyone for reading and subscribing and generally making me want to write. I want to take my time with the next one so I'm not sure how long it'll be.

I keep forgetting, would some wonderful person like to make me a banner? I'm rubbish at it and don't have Photoshop =/