Passed Out on Your Lawn

Fantasise

The boys played a couple of songs for me and kept repeating “It doesn’t sound right without the bass imagine the bass” but I wasn’t exactly impressed.
I had no idea what to expect and all I had to compare were the other bands I’d seen live. Obviously my sixteen/ seventeen year old friends minus their bassist were gonna be no match.

“What do you think?” Bryan grinned.

They all looked at me expectantly…so I lied…a bit.

“You’re alright,” I pursed my lips and nodded, “Its…different and…interesting. Definitely interesting. Once it’s perfected it will be amazing,” I smiled.

That wasn’t a complete lie. Once it’s perfected it will be amazing music.

Bryan looked a little deflated at my review and Robert smiled then continued tapping away on his drums.

“Yep. You’re right, we will be amazing,” Ronnie agreed optimistically.

My mind wandered to Max as usual and how much I couldn’t wait for his return. If he was here right now he’s be bouncing around like an excited rabbit just because.

“So,” Ronnie pulled me from my daze, “You guys wanna practise a little more before we head off on this camping trip?” he directed at the boys.

“Camping?” I quizzed.

“Not a long weekend, Dee. We’ll just head to those woods we last went to with some beers and a couple tents and have a bit of a party tonight. It’ll be fun!” Ronnie explained.

“Oh, well ok. I’ll have to make up some shit so my mom will let me,” I mumbled thoughtfully.

“Do whatever will get you there. Why don’t you invite a couple of friends we’ve never seen?” he put his arms around my small shoulders.

“You’ve never seen them because I don’t have any,” I scowled.

“Yes you do. I’ve seen you come out of school with them,” he rolled his eyes playfully.

I thought back to how that couldn’t be possible, only it was because there was Shelly and Vanessa.

“I don’t really hang out with them outside school of but I could ask,” I shrugged.

“That’s the spirit,” Ronnie grinned down at me, “go call them, tell your mom, put whatever you need in a bag, see if you can get any vodka from your moms stash and meet us back here,” he instructed.

“Ok,” I nodded, “You got it. See you later. Have fun practising,” with that I waved and sprinted off.

**

I’ve no idea how I did it but I got my mom to let me go without an argument, got some rum without her noticing and convinced Shelly and Vanessa to come hang out tonight.
I arrived back at Roberts with my bag and ten minutes later the girls showed up and introductions were announced.

“Did you think this through, dude? There’s six of us to fit in your car,” Bryan pointed out while placing his guitar on the stand and switching the amp off.

“Its cool, we can just stick someone in the truck,” Ronnie grinned.

“Whattttt,” Shelly’s eyes bulged.

“Not you,” Ronnie laughed, “One of the guys can fit in.”

“I’ll do it,” I volunteered.

“I don’t think so,” he shook his head.

“Why the hell not? Its only a trunk and its not exactly a long drive,” I stared blankly.

“Max wouldn’t be happy with me,” he smiled cheekily.

“He’d be fighting me for it. Don’t be a baby and let me, nobody else wants to!” I crossed my arms.

“Ok, ok!” he agreed finally.

They got everything together and we set off within another half an hour. It was going dark when we arrived but we had just enough time to pitch two tents. I had a funny feeling when it was mentioned that they forgot one.

“We’ll go get fire wood. Make us cocktails,” I smirked and led Shelly and Vanessa off into the dusk.

“Okaaaay what’s goin’ on, Dakota? Three of them, three of us, hmm,” Vanessa peered at me over her sunglasses before taking them off.

“Dude, I’ve got no plans of that kind. Its just how it worked out,” I told her honestly.

“So, where’s Max?” Shelly knew how to wind me up.

“He’s away,” I informed her an exhaled deeply.

“So which one is keeping you warm until then?” she grinned mischievously.

I turned and gave her this look which was half deadpan and half glare, “Shut up Shell’ don’t come out with crap like that,” I picked up a load of branches and sticks like we were meant to be doing.

“Sorry you’re funny, just so easy to annoy,” she giggled.

“So, which one do you like?” I shot back at her.

“Nobody,” she stuttered out and blushed.

“She loves Bryan!” Vanessa teased.

“Oh yeah?” I grinned, “Bryannnnn!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“Dakota, you dare!” Shelly hissed.

“Its not nice, huh,” I said and realised I’d gotten as much as I could carry.

We didn’t say anything more on the topic and when they had armfuls of firewood themselves we returned to camp.

**

It had been a couple hours sat around the fire feeding it and drinking a little.

“So lets play a game,” Vanessa smirked.

I wasn’t sure if she was on Shelly’s side or mine but I guess we’ll find out.

“Oh lord. Do I get a prize for guessing what game?” Robert laughed.

“You get a prize for winning the game,” Shelly scoffed.

“What’s the prize?” Ronnie questioned.

“A lap dance off Shelly,” I said before bursting into a fit of laughter.

“Hey!” she squeaked as we all hooted.

“What’s the game?” Bryan asked.

“The obvious truth or dare,” Vanessa explained.

“Theres no winners at that game though,” he pouted.

“You haven’t played it for long enough then huh,” I added.

“Seriously we have to play this?” Shelly complained.

“Yes!” Everyone chorused.

**

Needless to say nobody won because we got drunk and our attention spans depleted considerably. Vanessa and Robert were sat under a blanket together sharing their drinks, Shelly and Ronnie were talking off in their own world across the fire from Bryan and I. We were trying to play one of those clapping singing games but it was going terribly, especially when I slapped him in the face by accident.

“Bitch!” he laughed and tried to slap me back but we just ended up slapping each other’s hands and wrists like little girls and giggling. The slapping match turned into a wrestling match then when I got to my feet I was immediately tackled back to the ground by non other than Shelly!

“Woah since when did you come out of yourself?” I slurred.

“Since I could,” she grinned.

We looked up and saw Bryan and Ronnie staring at us.

“Tag team!” I called and hopped up pulling Shelly with me.

They weren’t ready so we got them down pretty easily and I put all my effort into pinning Bryan but failed.

“Ok, ok I quit!” I pleaded when he sat on me and became dead weight.

“Yesss I win!” Bryan hollered triumphantly.

We all sat up and sooner or later noticed something.

“Hey where’s ‘Nessa and Robert?” Ronnie looked around just as confused as the rest of us.

“Oh my god,” I giggled.

“Shhh!” Shelly covered my mouth and we all sat in complete silence.

There was faint movement coming from one of the tents and we stared at each other wide-eyed.

“Son of a bitch,” Ronnie laughed.

“Well I never,” Shelly didn’t seem as shocked as I expected.

**

The remainder of us got tired pretty and retired to the empty and slightly bigger tent to pass out.

For some reason partway through the night I got up and wandered off alone. I bumped into something in the darkness and found it to be Max.

“What are you doing here?” I stared at him in awe.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “I missed you so much,” I smile broke across his face.

“I missed you too,” I dived on him with a hug that I didn’t want to release him from.

He pulled me back a little and kissed me. It wasn't small and gentle it was deep and heated. I kissed back with just as much intensity. I’d never felt like this before, I never wanted something, someone so much. We ended up on the leaf-covered ground, not breaking apart or stopping from breath, our fingers deeply tangled in one another hair and I was instinctively wrapping my legs around him. Stifled moans escaped my throat as he pulled me impossibly close to him.
But then something changed and not for the better.
I wasn’t on the forest floor at all but in the tent. I wasn’t making out with Max like my life depended on it at all but I had wrapped myself around Ronnie. That was all a dream. I was still drunk and I felt heartbroken that it wasn’t real. Then I felt a little ashamed for even dreaming such a thing. And I realised I’d been having this sexy dream while wrapping myself around his best friend. Oh for gods sake! Let me sleep and continue my dream. Why is reality so hit in comparison!
Fuck my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I hope you liked that one =D
I'll be writing as much as possible this week because I'm not working so yeah comments + love = lots of quick updates...well as much as I can.
Thank you to;
Queen Obscene
BringSammyTheHorizon
luvtheguy
and HunterAtMidnight
You guys are awesome<3