Status: Done.

Fantasy World

Eleven

"Look, it was all my fault, don't hold it against Maci," Steven quickly said. His hand squeezed Maci's reassuringly. 

Stephanie snorted. "Oh really?" she asked. 

"Yes. I take all the blame," he told her calmly. 

"I'll be sure to tell Mom that," Stephanie pointed out. 

Steven paled considerably. "You're telling Mom?" His words were choked. 

Maci buried her face in her shoulder. She wanted to die.

"Obviously. If it's going to get me a step up on being the favorite kid, of course I am," Stephanie responded with a laugh. 

Steven frowned. "You're kidding me right?" he snapped. "You're going to use this as leverage?"

His sister snorted. "Of course. Mom's birthday's a big deal!"

"Wait, what?" Maci blurted out. 

"Mom's birthday... Wait, what did you two think I was talking about?" Stephanie asked curiously. 

Steven let out a relieved sigh. "Nothing. I totally spaced on her birthday again, you're right," he commented. 

Maci laid her head back. She had never felt so relieved before. She just meant their mother's birthday. "He's kidding. He sent her gift yesterday so it'll be late. Our gifts are in the same package," she told Stephanie. 

"Wait, so you didn't forget?" Stephanie asked in shock. 

"Well, I forgot to call..." he mumbled. 

"What'd you guys get her? I found her some Parisian stuff from here."

"Steven bought her a jacket she's been eying for awhile, but wouldn't admit to wanting. I got her a matching hat and scarf," Maci answered. 

Steven gave her a confused look. "Well, we can see who takes more time finding out what to get for our mother," Stephanie commented teasingly. 

"Yeah, whatever. We have to go, we're pulling up to the rink. I'll call you later," Steven told his sister as he parked his car. 

"Alright. I love you guys! Have a good night, don't get in a fight," Stephanie told them. 

"I love you, too," Steven told her. 

"Love you," Maci responded before hanging up her phone. She let out a heavy sigh right away. "I thought she was about to murder me," she mumbled as she leaned her head back. 

Steven laughed loudly. "You? God, I was prepared to drive into oncoming traffic to make that less painful," he responded as he ran his hands over his face. 

Maci giggled softly. "Better get inside. Don't want your coach to get mad," she said. 

He sighed heavily before getting out of the car. He dragged out his bag with him. Maci slipped out, but paused before she closed the door. "Dang it, I forgot your jersey..." she muttered. 

Steven smirked as he swung his door shut. "I grabbed it and put it in the car while you were sleeping," he told her. His away jersey flew over the top of the car before covering her face and shoulder. 

Maci grinned and pulled it on over her T-shirt. "Thank you," she told him as she walked to meet him to go inside. 

"Any time," he told her with a smirk before draping his arm over her shoulders. It was like ten minutes ago he hadn't been terrified his sister was going to murder him for doing this. 

Maci smiled to herself. "I thought you left your stuff here in the morning?"

"Usually we do. I used my back up gear earlier today because I forgot this stuff at home," he admitted. 

"Bravo, Stamkos. And your fans think you're such a leader," she said teasingly. 

He chuckled and pulled the door open, his arm slipping off her shoulders as she walked in ahead of him. "I am still more organized than half my teammates," he retaliated. 

"Right... Like who?" she challenged with a smirk. 

Steven simply glared at her. "Maybe I should have left you home," he commented. 

She let out a loud laugh. "What, am I a pet now?" she asked. 

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well..." he began with a smirk. "Pets have to do what you say. So do slaves. So..."

"I hope someone hip checks you," she muttered as she rolled her eyes. 

"Aw, baby Steven didn't like my comment," he said in a mocking voice. 

Maci flipped him off as she began walking down a different hallway to get to the front of the building. A bright smile was still on her face as she looked over her shoulder at him. 

Steven hesitated a moment to just look at her. Her long brown hair was still caught under his jersey. Her eyes glistened teasingly, something he loved seeing in them. Her cheeks were tinted a light pink from laughing while her bright white teeth peeked out from between her naturally thick lips. 

God, he had it bad for her. He could barely remember being terrified of his sister for it moments ago. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm kind of tempted to delete this story, even though I like writing it...