Status: Done.

Fantasy World

Twenty-Five

Walking into Steven's house, Maci flinched back at the screaming from the living room. She'd been gone for a few hours to get her hair. She knew it was Steven and Stephanie yelling at each other, their parents had flown back early in the morning. She would have dragged Steven with her to the salon a second time, but he'd had an interview win a radio station. 

She hesitantly walked up the stairs and stood on the landing, watching carefully as her best friend's screamed. 

"You know what? I was the one that broke your prized hockey stick when you were 17! It didn't fall or anything! I snapped it in half!"

Steven almost blew a gasket. "Are you fucking kidding me?" he demanded. When it came to Steven, no one messed with his hockey things. They were off limits completely. 

Stephanie smirked, feeling like she had the upper hand. "Yeah! I did!"

"Well I fucked your best friend!"

Maci's heart stopped as she gaped at him. Stephanie practically did explode. "You did not you lying bag of shit!" she screeched.

"Yeah, I did! I took her fucking virginity!" he continued. 

Stephanie stared at him silently for a moment before turning to her best friend. Maci gulped at her furious face. "Look, it was an accident and it wasn't supposed to happen-"

"I think you should leave, Maci," she muttered in a low, dark tone. If looks could kill, Maci would be six feet under. 

She looked to Steven before quickly turning around and running out of the house, her throat tight. She stared at the street in front of her, not knowing where she was supposed to go. 

"You are a piece of shit, Steven Stamkos," Stephanie muttered darkly. She tried to push past him, but he wouldn't let her. 

"Don't blame it on her. I take all the blame and responsibility from it," he rushed out. 

She snapped her head up to glare at him. "It takes two to tango," she muttered. 

"But I should have stepped up and said no! I was the more experienced of us and it's all my fault!" he exclaimed, practically begging her to accept it. 

"Why would you even go after her?" she demanded. "Did you run out of Floridian sluts? Did everyone realize you were a low life?"

Steven forced himself to stay calm. "When she came over, it was just because she needed a shoulder to cry on and I don't even know what led to it-"

"A shoulder to cry on? What would even..." she began in exasperation. 

He rubbed the back of his neck. "It was after Kyle and she got in their argument and broke up..." he mumbled. 

Stephanie glared at him again. "You know, I think I'll just fly out tomorrow. Why wait to take the road trip with you since you two are so damn close?" she sneered. 

She began walking away, but stopped suddenly. "That was her you were talking on the phone to awhile back, huh? That wasn't her roommate."

Steven ran his hands over his hair. "Yeah..."

She gave him one last glare. "So you two have been seeing each other this whole time behind my back, too?" she dared. 

He dropped his head. "Stephanie, just hear me out-"

"No! I don't have to! You decided to keep this from me and you decided to break my trust. I don't have to do squat," she snapped at him. She went into the guest room after that and slammed the door shut. 

He fell back onto the couch, his head in his hands. What had he done?
♠ ♠ ♠
I was really surprised when no one mentioned her blowing up in their commets. Then I realized I hadn't posted this yet. Woops.

I've been planning this whole story around that one line, "I fucked your best friend!" I thought it'd be funny, so I started a story so I could use it.