Status: Done.

Fantasy World

Four

Maci sat up as she felt herself being pulled awake by morning. She let out a deep breath and closed her eyes again as she tried to run her hands through her hair. She grimaced when she realized it was a lot more tangled than normal. Also, her room was freezing and drafty.

She shivered slightly, rubbing her hands over her bare arms. She stopped instantly when she felt the bare skin of her ribs touch her hand. Her eyes shot open again to look down at her exposed body. She gasped and quickly pulled the covers around her.

She gasped again when she recognized the sheets were not hers. She began to panic about where she was when she thought back to the night before.

"Fuck," she whispered, feeling ready to cry. Had she really gone and messed up her life even more by doing... that?

She quickly scanned the floor, searching for her clothes. She looked up, praying he wouldn't walk in to catch her as she streeked across his room. When she figured that there was no time better than the present, she scampered off the bed at to her underwear. She pulled them on before grabbing her bra and hooking it on. Finally, she slipped back into the sweats of his she'd worn the night before. For maybe all of half an hour. At most.

When she was completely clothed again, Maci looked around the room. She would have to leave it eventually. Maybe if she was lucky, the team would be at practice and he'd be gone.

She ignored the thought of how she'd get back to the college without a ride as she slipped out of his room.

There, sitting on the couch was Steven. He was only wearing his boxers and a pair of sweat pants. His face was buried in his hands. Maci wanted to run right back into the bedroom to hide.

Her feet felt glued to the floor, though. She just couldn't move away.

Steven didn't move when he spoke. "Look, I am so sorry, Maci. I... I shouldn't have... I..." His words were choked and panicked. Just from his body language and voice, she could hear just how much he regretted it. "You were a virgin and you wanted to keep that... I am so sorry. If you want to hit me, go right ahead. You have every right to. I am a royal jack ass-"

"It takes two to tango," she mumbled, cutting him off.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as he finally peaked up at her. He looked so torn up. Neither of them said a word, just stared. Maci slowly walked over and sat down on the other end of his couch. She looked down at her hands, knowing perfectly well she was as much to blame for this as her.

"Are you, um... Okay?" he asked after a few seconds.

She felt her cheeks burn as the question brought back a rush of memories. "Yeah. I'm fine," she pushed out.

He nodded his head awkwardly. "Well, we might as well get the elephant out of the room," he began. They looked at each other, but she quickly looked away. "We slept together. We had sex. Several times. Okay. There it is."

She buried her face in her hands. "Are you serious?" she mumbled out.

"Good Lord, I hope that isn't towards my statement," he muttered.

She couldn't help snort out a small laugh. "What do we do now?" she asked.

"Well..." he started, but stopped. He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair. "We could have breakfast. I'm starving. I've got a few different kinds of cereal..."

She let out a sigh. "Sounds good," she agreed. He stood up first and walked to stand in front of her. She slowly looked up at him. Steven simply held his hands out to her. Her eyes drifted down to them before hesitantly placing her hands on them.

He pulled her up to her feet before walking into the kitchen. Maci followed behind him, going to the cabinet to pull out two bowls. She picked up two spoons before meeting him at the island. She pulled herself up onto the stool while he plopped down on the one next to her. He passed her the Fruit Loops before pouring himself a bowl full of granola cereal. He filled his bowl with milk before doing the same for her.

Maci held out the spoon to him. Their eyes met briefly as he took the spoon. Maci quickly ducked her head towards her cereal and began eating.

Steven tried to figure out what to say first to start their conversation. He knew he'd fucked up a lot of things. Not only had he taken her virginity, he'd done it the same day her boyfriend of years had broken up with her because of the same thing. And she was his sister's best friend.

Stephanie would be furious if she knew.

Steven slowly stopped eating. "Um... So... What do we, uh... What do we tell my sister?"

Maci choked on her cereal. "I haven't even talked to her about Kyle yet and ugh..." She hung her head. He could tell she was trying not to cry again. It only made him feel like complete scum.

"How about this... We just keep this between us. We don't tell Stephanie, we don't tell anyone else, and we just act like it never happened... Would you want that?" he asked gently.

She looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah," she mumbled.

"Then nothing happened." He gave her a sad smile before pulling her into a tight hug. She curled her arms around his waist as she buried her face in his arm. He felt her inhale a shaky breath. His hand ran up and down her back, trying to calm her. He felt her arms tighten as a tear leaked down her cheek and onto his skin.

"It'll be okay, Maci. I promise," he whispered against the top of her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just went back and changed her age. Sorry if that confuses you guys. I meant to put 21 in the first chapter, but put 22 instead for some reason.