Status: completed!

I'm Just a Kid That Tried Too Hard

They Turned On the Fountain Today

Chara walks into the locker room. “Hey guys. We’ve been invited to an art showcase from one of the colleges. I have the invitation if you want to see it.” Tyler sits next to Bergeron, “Hey Bergy, do you think that it’s Devin’s showcase that she was talking to us about?” He shrugs to the younger guy and grabs Chara’s attention, “Bring it here please.”When he receives it, he scans the invite. “Yeah this is it. We’re going. Hey Soups!” Greg looks up and comes over, “Yeah Bergy? What’s up?”

Patrice hands him the invitation which he reads quickly. Campbell starts nodding once he picks up what it is. He remembered hearing about it over the phone. “When is this, next Monday night? We can make that right?” The other two nod.

Brad stumbles over to them, “Hey guys, what’s that?” Campbell folds the invitation into his jeans, “It’s just a wedding invitation from some relative. Bergy was just curious where it was.” He lies easily. Seguin and Bergeron share a look but don’t correct him. Brad seems to accept that answer and walks away, seeing as they weren’t interesting to him just then.

Tyler looks at Bergeron as they leave, “You think we should tell him? You know he’d be upset if he’s out of the loop about Devin. He really just wants her back.” Patrice shrugs, “She told me he stopped calling her. It’s really up to Devin. It’s her night, so it’s her rules.”
Tyler nods reluctantly. Of course Patrice is right. That night means the world to Devin and who was he to invite an ex and ruin it?

--------

“No, really guys, you don’t have to come. It’s cool.” I say as I pick at my pasta during lunch with the guys. They told me that they were attending the showcase and weren’t taking no for an answer upon arriving. I sigh for the umpteenth time out of frustration.

Greg nudged me with his elbow, as he was next to me in the booth. “Devin, there’s no way we’d miss this. Tyler said that Ross told him that you submitted a Bruins painting!” I nod at him. Since when do Tyler and Ross talk? What? It’s been a few days since I’ve spoken to anyone. I’ve been really busy with school but I’m out now for Winter break so I finally have had time to catch up with everyone.

“Yeah, it’s a painting of the rink. It’s what you see when everyone goes home and…I don’t know. I’m really proud of it.” The boys beam at me, all talking about how they’re sure it’s fantastic and whatnot. I nod. I really appreciate their support because I honestly thought that I’d lose touch with all of them.

Patrice glances at me, “Are you sure you don’t want the whole team to go? They are technically all invited you know. We could stuff the votes!” I laugh but shake my head vigorously. “No Patrice but thank you for the thought.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This doesn't seem like how I broke it up the first time but how can I even tell...

Well, it seems in that process I have lost some of my lovely subscribers and wonderful comments. Meaning I lost some stars...that's a bummer. Oh well (I don't know about you but 'oh well' causes me to break out into Mayday Parade)

So...yeah guys!