Just a Kiss

one of one.

Pulling up to the curb, my mother put her car in park and smiled at me. I leaned over and kissed her cheek, opening my door to step out.

“I’ll call you when I need to leave, or I’ll ask Mr. Montgomery to bring me home,” I said, nodding towards the house.

“Okay sweetie. Just make sure you’re home by twelve, your father should be coming in tomorrow and we need to clean the house.” I nodded and waved goodbye to my mother, making my way up the Montgomery’s walk way.

I lifted my hand to knock on the door, only for it to be opened by Mr. and Mrs. Montgomery on their way out. I smiled at them and said hello.

“Good Afternoon,” I said, nodding at them. They smiled at me and welcomed me in.

“It’s good to see you Holly. You haven’t been around in a few days and we began to worry.” Mrs. Montgomery said.

I smiled and nodded.

“I was at my grandmothers. She was recently sick and my mother had to take care of her, so
I went to keep them both company.” I replied, telling them where I had been for the past week.

They nodded and grabbed their coats, heading back towards the door.

“Well, Mike should be in his room and Aria is staying at Spencer’s tonight, so if you two need anything, just call one of us.” Mr. Montgomery said, leading his wife out by her arm.

“Have fun,” I said, smiling as they waved and got in their car. I shut the door and slipped off my shoes and set my purse by the door. I walked quietly up the stairs. I reached his door and softly knocked, not wanting to scare him.

“Mikey?” I asked, slipping in the door. I smiled when I saw him lying on his bed with his head phones in and his eyes closed. He looked so peaceful and my heart skipped a beat.

It’s never okay to be in love with your best friend. But I was. I knew he didn’t feel the same way, so I never said anything, hoping I would get over it some time.

I walked over towards him and poked his side as I sat on the edge of the bed. His eyes snapped open and a smile graced his lips. He pulled the headphone from his ears and turned his iPod off.

“Hey Holly.” He said, pulling me in for a hug. I could smell the scent of his shampoo. It made him smell manly, as if he was years older, mature. I squeezed him tight and smiled when he let me go.

“Hey Mikey, I missed you.” I said, pushing him over in the bed so I could climb in too.

“I missed you too. Pre-Cal was not the same without you. I actually had to do the homework.” He said, sending me a sly smirk. I laughed and pushed him, knowing he was kidding.

Sometimes Mikey did better on test than I did. It showed how smart he was. I loved that about him.

Who am I kidding? I love everything about him.

“So, how was your grandma? All better now?” He asked, looking at me.

I smiled and nodded, pulling a pillow from the floor and placing it in my lap.

“Yeah. I think she was just lonely.” I said, frowning.

“Oh. Turn that frown upside down.” He said, joking.

I giggled and pulled the pillow closer.

“I missed you. A whole lot.” I said, feeling my face heat up.

He looked at me and nodded.

“I missed you too. A bunch.” His face looked serious as his eyes searched my face.

“Mikey,” I said, my voice coming out as a whisper.

His hand came from his lap and traced my jaw line as his face got closer.

When his lips finally met mine, my heart started beating at double speed. His fingers tangled in my hair and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away with a small smile on his face.

“Holly, I think I love you.” He said his eyes for of wonder.

I stared at him wide eyed.

No way.

There was no way this was happening. I had been in love with this boy since fifth grade, and he finally loved me too. Before he could change his mind about it, I leaned in and kissed his lips once more before pulling back.

“Are you sure?” I asked, as if I knew he was lying.

He looked at me and nodded.

“Holly, I have loved you forever. Ever since you helped me cheat at the fifth grade spelling bee, I knew I was in love with you. You’re smart, and pretty, and selfless. I love you Holly. You’re my best friend, and nothing will change that.” He said, rubbing the back of my hand.

I swallowed the lump that had gathered in my throat and looked him dead in the eye.

“I love you, too.”

He smiled and kissed my lips.

“Will you be my girl?” He asked, shyly, as if I would say ‘No’.

I nodded my head and kissed him once more. I was happy, and nothing was going to change that.

In ten minutes, my life had changed drastically.

Mike Montgomery had gone from my best friend, to my boyfriend in a matter of seconds and

I was on cloud nine.

He reached out and gathered me in a hug.

“I want to take you on a date. Like a real one, in movies. Where the guy pulls the chair out for you at the nice restaurant and we get all dressed up. I want to do this right, that way it’ll last forever and I’ll never lose you.” He said, whispering in my ear.

“I want that too. More than anything.” I said, as I smiled up at him.

Today, my life had changed for the better and for once everything had feel in place.

To think my life was better from Just a Kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
loved doing this.:)