Only a Story

Ch 1: A Normal Beginning

I'm not sure how it started. I was standing out side my locker, talking with my best friend. His name's Alexander, though everyone calls him Scout. No idea why. But whatever. We were talking about everything that had to do with anything stupid. Right now, J. K. Rowling vs. Stephanie Meyers.

"Well," I stated honestly, "They both certainly aren't the best authors out there but I think that the Twilight Series slightly outranks H.P."

"Are you kidding," he said with an expression on his face like a kid who had his candy stolen from him. "Harry Potter is practically god."

"Scout!" I said shoving him playfully, "I go to church! Don't take the Lord's name in vain." He just gave me this look like "do I really care?".

"Well, have you ever examined her writing closely? She has so many editors and whatnot but none of it seemed to help the quality of her writing."

He looked at me like I was death coming to steal his goldfish. Worse, coming to steal his goldfish and his paperback copy of The Outsiders. Which actually would be a horrible crime.

An image of Dally Winston popped into my head for a second and I just sighed.

"What's with you?" Scout asked, his face changing to an expression of "you have issues".

"I was daydreaming." I stated simply.

"About?" he continued.

"Dally Winston. I don't know about H.P. but Dally is a god," I smiled while trying not to laugh.

"What is with him and girls? I mean when we watched that film in 8th grade all the girls were glued to the screen when he came on. I bet that him and Johnny just got all the girls excited because they thought it was yaoi."

Not holding back I brought down my copy of Mistborn full on top of his head. "Don't you dare ever insinuate that Johnny and Dally were gay!!!!!!" I yelled.

A few people stopped to stare at us as I kept hitting him with the book. But most knew it was just our regular routine. He said something to piss me off, I hit him, and then we went on with our life as best friends.

"Aimeeeeee!" he whined, "You're hurting me!"

"You're hurting my memories of my precious Outsiders boys!" I yelled while trying not to laugh as he put his hands up to shield his head while constantly yelling "ouch!" as my book met with his skull.

I eventually leaned against my locker, laughing so hard I was sure my sides were going to split. Oh gosh. Scout was such an idiot. I couldn't help but burst out laughing every time he did something stupid.

Especially that first time I saw him reading th Twilight books. I walked up to the lunch table where us and our other crazy friends were sitting. He was absorbed in New Moon. That was such a girls' series. I mean, vampires and love? I had started bursting out laughing so hard I was sure that I would explode. Yeah, my BFF was soooo weird.

And then the late bell rang. "Crap!!!!" I yelled. I tried to open my locker quickly and grab out my books that I needed without dumping everything on the floor. My locker was such a mess. I looked annoyed at a stray piece of paper that fluttered to the ground. I picked it up and stuffed it inside my book, while trying to grab my junk and keep from dropping it.

And with that I was off the classroom. Onto my favorite class.... English
♠ ♠ ♠
For black-sheep-12345 and heartsxliesxfriends (if you read this) the fictional character is nothing like the person!!!!!!!! I just love the name.

And with that out of the way, this story is based upon a lot of things that did happen in my life. Aimee is basically me and she responds to a lot of things the way I would. (or wish I would) And most of my friends are based on actual people that I know. And are probably my friends. And alot of them I probably won't change the names on because I am too crazy.

For instance I did walk into school one day to see a good guy friend of mine reading one of the twilight books. I promptly laughed my head off and insulted his ego I think in the process (sorry) and he gave me a look like "what?" and I laughed.... alot.